[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1721584365549947.jpg (10 KB, 250x250)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
>just failed another junior dev interview
there's just too much terminology and concepts, this must be the most convoluted discipline in history
>>
You’ll get there. What kind of development are you looking to do?
>>
>>101558461
Fullstack
>>
Like what
>>
>>101558488
Well, at least you know you picked hard mode
>>
>>101558488
What's so hard about having an RTK Query call a kotlin spring backend with spring security GET to return a composite object made up of services that interface with a relational database while also pulling from the redis server that is set up to be a cache?
It's pretty funny how complicated you can make all this crap while it's all actually not that complicated and is probably less than 100 lines of code to set this all up.

Good luck, anon!
>>
>>101558488
There should be no such thing as a junior fullstack. Pick something, learn the shit, then gradually move on to learning more things. Ideally your team is cross-functional so it should be pretty natural to stretch your wings.
>>
File: 1715696573001562.png (288 KB, 656x679)
288 KB
288 KB PNG
>>101558555
>Ask URL for data
>Wait for data from URL
>Put data in data place
>>
>>101559838
>There should be no such thing as a junior fullstack.

this is just actually retarded. how do you "learn something" about web dev without touching both ends? do you just expect junior "frontend" devs to make html/css sites forever that don't do anything?
>>
>>101560022
I don't understand your confusion. You can learn a lot by focusing on frontend for a while, learn concepts that can translate to dev elsewhere, then move on and expand your repertoire. You don't have to do everything from scratch to get some experience. Find an API that's already out there and make something.
>>
>>101560022
You'll still be doing backend shit from time to time in a front end role.
>>
>>101558380
>there's just too much
stop playing bideo gaymes and jerking off and actually study tech instead grifter.
>>
>>101558380
You should stop going for jobs that only hire Jews like big tech. The people they do hire are some of the dumbest people and are simply either literally Jewish or just rich assholes.

The job pipelines you need to look for don't do all this bullshit and are actually hiring instead of gambling with interviews hoping to nail the autist that can ramble off the most jargon
>>
>>101559838
>>101560469
kys kikes

Let me know if you need my contact when you report this to HR
>>
>>101558380
try small/shit companies, stay for 2-3 years to gather experience, look again with work experience
>>
>>101559975
actual facts
>>
I'm doing full stack development and I don't know how to code. My job is basically copy and paste code to make it work.
>>
>>101558555
this is what i hate about technology, the people who like to overcomplicate things
it's why tsoding gets mad when anyone mentions the new javascript framework that popped up
they should really be searching for developers who know actual programming and not only the hundres of framework around, because usually the latter devs wouldn't be able to work without those frameworks
>>
>>101558380
For a profession that prouds itself for "logic" and "rationality", the tech industry definitely has a convolution problem
Nowadays there's too many layers of abstraction when you develop applications and being honest, junior devs don't really need to know every minute detail of how everything works under the hood, a computer is harder to understand than a car or even the human body I'd say, because at least with cars the basic idea and design remains unchanged and the human body, well it also remains unchanged, meanwhile in tech you have thousands of people "improvising" with architectural patterns, programming paradigms and algorithms to solve different problems in the most optimized way, which makes every single project a whole different world

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.