[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: mqdefault-1.jpg (15 KB, 320x180)
15 KB
15 KB JPG
>Install Fedora
>Open DNFDragora to find apps
>Window instantly crashes
>Install some random shit with dnf by guessing package names (e.g. sudo dnf install icecat)
>Try to find whatsapp applications
>Download one made for fedora
>Input command to install
>It opens DNFDragora
>DNFDragora window instantly crashes
>Uninstall Fedora
>>
>install Fedora
>open GNOME Software to find apps
>it doesn't load
>leaves gigabytes of junk on my drive
>dnf remove PackageKit*
>continue to use my operating system like a non-nigger
>>
If a piece of software that's pre-installed on the system and highly integrated into the distro's ecosystem doesn't work, the distro is ass.
>>
File: doubt.jpg (26 KB, 500x500)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>dnf install package_name opens DNFDragora
>>
>>101558522
have you tried
>dnf search
?
that said i don't like fedora
>>
Yesterday

Install f40
Install KDE
Works..

Install nvidia driver from nvidia
KDE no longer in de selector of gdm
Try replacing by sddm
Doesn't even start.

K. Back to Ubuntu. Fortunately it was just a trash partition
>>
>>101558522
DNFDragora is not a part of default Fedora installation.
>>
what the fuck is DNFDragora? been using fedora for 6 months now
>>
>>101562535
it's this retard's attempt to larp using a distro they haven't come within 6 feet of
>>
>>101562388
You don't "install KDE", you use the KDE spin, which I don't think even uses gdm.

You also don't install the Nvidia driver from Nvidia (unless you mean CUDA repo, but you're probably talking about the runfile lmao), you use RPMfusion.

Fortunately, it is just you who is trash.
>>
>>101558522
>DNFDragora
This does NOT come with Fedora nor does it have any affiliation with the Fedora project. You are merely complaining about some random software you must explicitly install yourself. Complain to the devs of that software rather than shitting on a completely separate project.
>>
>>101558522
>whatsapp applications
is that what browsers are called now?
>>
>>101562506
it comes with the non-kde spins. nobody in charge of the spins ever bothers to bug fix it. shits been going on for a decade now. probably red hat trying to make people stick to fedora and gnome-software.
>>
>>101563956 (Me)
*I never used spins so if I was wrong and it comes with that shit then fuck me, excuse my faggotry. I know it doesn't come with Fedora Workstation.
>>
>>101561529
It does when you download and open a .repo
>>
>>101558522
PackageKit at Its finest. At this point i think they keep it around by default to persuade people to use their immutable vaporware.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.