[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

I cannot fucking take it anymore. I really, really would like some piece of advice on how to make a career change and finally land a good IT job. I have been on the market for 5 years, all that appears to me are shit wagie positions, I am on a deadend job with a shitty salary and clueless boomer higher ups, my coworkers are not even Computer Scientists and just some random normies who joined the market out of the hype around salaries instead of actual passion for the field, every job that I apply to out of the slightest interest I get rejected after the very first HR interview (I am not autistic btw, so it's something else) and even then they are not high salary position.

I am a 30yo "boomer" (by this board's standards), single, nolifer and the only thing that interests me is landing a good stable job. All my fellow computer science colleagues have comfy jobs these days, some with Senior positions even, while I rot in this shitty ass job and get rejected from fucking Mid positions.

I work mostly making python APIs (Flask, FastAPI), I am fully familiarized with all devops and ci/cd practices that normies pretend to care, I know my way around front-end development with React, database modelling, orms etc. I mostly worked with Java and Spring stuff in the past, never fucking again though, fuck Java.

I do have a lot of interest in Data Science and ML, but I have no prior professional experience with it, so no recruiter bats an eye to my CV for positions with that nature.

So, question to all anons who "made it" in the market, with comfy jobs and high salaries: what steps did you take? Are there any shortcuts? Is it over for me? What would you do in my position?
>>
>>101559492
unless you do a ground-breaking software or some shit like that you're fucked, it's just like a ponzi scheme anon
>>
File: 1721868350878.jpg (95 KB, 680x382)
95 KB
95 KB JPG
>I really, really would like some piece of advice on how to make a career change and finally land a good IT job.
>all that appears to me are shit wagie positions
>>
>>101559492
>nolifer and the only thing that interests me is landing a good stable job.
Well there's your issue--you're NPC trash. Even HR roasties will sus this out and put your resume in the shredder. Waging is not something to be proud of and certainly should not be the central focus of your life. Focus on passion and skills Ankit
>>
>>101560630
Why do companies act like you should revolve around a company but act like the interviewing for a date? I've never understood that.
>>
Go to meetups and find a /g/ bro to push you past hr.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.