[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 78565876.png (22 KB, 214x255)
22 KB
22 KB PNG
>oh em gee the market is so bad :(( i have 15 years experience as a web developer with a masters and i can't find anything :( over 3 years unemployed
>70 replies later
>hey OP, where are you from?
>somalia

if you don't preface your market complaining threads with your COUNTRY OF ORIGIN you need to kill yourself. kill yourself!

DIE
>>
>>101560057
DHAT CHUD HIGH AF
>>
>>101560057
you make a good point but even in the US things are dire. Actually, third worlders are having the best time of their careers due to borderless hiring (inevitable with remote work).

it's pretty clear that the dev job market is headed towards finance where prestige and networking is becoming more and more necessary. I myself have a startup and hire eastern european devs while receiving US revenue. Honestly, you need to reshape and adapt to the current environment. Translation and cultural barriers get thinner each year, and it works for me.

You just need to play the system, network and get referrals. It's not 2016 anymore.
>>
>>101560057
>>101560106
>if you don't preface your market complaining threads with your COUNTRY OF ORIGIN you need to kill yourself
This also applies to mentioning your nearest metropolitan area if in the US.
>hey anon, where are you from?
>Bismark, North Dakota
>>
>>101560057
If I ever make a 4chan clone, flags will be absolutely mandatory on all boards. And no fucking memeflags. If you're from a shithole, you fucking smear that shit on your face and you own it.
>>
File: 1721871142892.jpg (25 KB, 320x180)
25 KB
25 KB JPG
tech ni/g/gers who can't build a network after one year in workforce or internship deserves to get culled. it's always adapt or perish, nobody will pity your 'tism, nobody cares your made up (((anxiety disorder))). You are cheap and replaceable. being edgy, loner, can't handle a small talk isn't cool like mc in your delusional anime, HR will catch your 'ick, and your resume will go down the drain.
if your parents also retarded and can't build a network for you to enjoy nepotism, you deserves to suffer in your entire life jumping one to another entry level job while getting humiliated in screening and interview process.
have some self-respect anon, you're a social creature that need to talk to others. you're not a jannies that works for free.
FUCK JANNIES.
>>
just dont live in commiefornia or NYC and the market is still great
>>
>>101560709
Since when is New York a major tech hub?
>>
I'm turd worlder (Chile) and just started a remote job in the US as senior backend (6yoe) for $80k/yr, so i'm pretty happy <:^)

Sorry for undercutting you guise
>>
>>101560057
noticed this too anon. It's all ESL and zoomers who can't get a job, so people I don't give a shit about
>>
>>101560865
every large city needs SWE and IT but some have more supply than others
>>
>>101561357
New York has a fair amount of tech jobs, but that's just because it has a fair amount of everything. When I think of New York, I think of finance, not tech.
>>
>>101560057
you must have 18+ years of experience to shitpost on 4chan
>>
File: 1541485271750.jpg (199 KB, 1280x910)
199 KB
199 KB JPG
>>101560106
am autistic and will not settle for mediocrity. guess my only option is to load up on bullets and cause havoc for my entertainment since I have no future
>>
not actually autistic, but that's what they're being relegated to and I don't think it's right.
>>
>>101560057
>Master's degree in PLT, 6 years of experience as compiler/static analysis engineer
>Can't find another job than the one I have
Don't specialize in the stuff you find interesting or you're FUCKED
>>
>>101562389
get your fucking phd and get a job at <FAGMAN> research. that, or make a nice lang that catches on and get a free job at whatever decent-sized company uses it
>>
>>101560671
>you're a social creature
this is where you're wrong normalfag

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.