[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 172187573074116856.jpg (26 KB, 640x480)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
You know how they say the collapse will be gradual... I'm believing that less and less...cloudstrike comes to mind...

Equal parts horror and comedy, the following website, an example of purposely horrible UI, shares elements with many UIs:
https://userinyerface.com/game.html

ITT we share experiences with tech.
I'll start:

Samsung phones:
The worst offender, ANIMATIONS, even when "reduce animations" toggled on.
Dynamic loading of even default apps.
Both lockscreen and non-lockscreen max brightness dimmer.
Max brightness only possible with the horrible auto brightness.
Default long press delay increased about a year ago.
Searching by keyword in Settings has lag.
Auto correct - you used to be able to backspace after an autocorrect to keep what you typed, but now have to select your word from the suggestions.
>>
Microsoft Windows:
Constantly changing menus, it's own website always being outdated.
Not being able to click anywhere in a window in order to use scroll.
Lag on lock screen.
Edge browser
>>
Sonim phones:
Recent Android update configured Power button to bring up Personal Assistant. 'Reboot' not recognized as a command.
Grouping wifi and data in same menu.
>>
Universal complaints:
Cookie disclaimer. Bonus when you accept, but still prompts you every time.
EVERYTHING LAGS
AI garbage promoter everywhere. No, I don't want your AI, just as I don't want your personal assistants, which I'm sure they only push to harvest data.
>>
File: 172143748796375381.jpg (173 KB, 1439x835)
173 KB
173 KB JPG
In a related note, uncle Ted had some good points.
https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2023/jun/19/unabomber-ted-kaczynski-dangerous-anti-tech-manifesto-lives-on
>>
TINY BUTTONS
Why
Just why
Please tell me
No reason
Facts
>>
File: 1641422149334.jpg (41 KB, 808x805)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>>101561248
I stopped using a smart phone for everything besides calls and playing music in my car. But to your threads point:
>having to use like 5+ adons just to make the web bearable.
>All these "redesigns" on websites that just make them obtuse as hell and homogenized into the standard normie appeal bullshit and having to read all the astrotrufed comments about "how great the redesign is" even though it's fucking worse in every way and everywhere that isn't that website has people complaining about their dog shit redesign.
>Speaking of astroturfed every god damn website is filled to the brim with shills, bots and advertisers. Fucking die and rot in hell you worthless scum fucks.
>The only people worse are the ones who don't even notice it because they're too busy consuming
>The word "consumer" Sorry, but you don't consume software you fucking god damn retards, you use it. You literally can't consume it unless you're shoving your devices up your ass.

I’m going outside.
>>
>>101561248
>CrowdStike CEO is Jewish
>Takes American jobs and offshores to Israel

you should kys for trust Jews with your cyber
>>
File: 1714098334133840.jpg (162 KB, 1080x1753)
162 KB
162 KB JPG
>>101561344

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.