[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: not-supported.png (64 KB, 1087x573)
64 KB
64 KB PNG
What the fuck is wrong with youtube?

I was transferring data from an old laptop that I haven't used in a long time. I had some youtube links bookmarked, so I wanted to see what it was and whether I need it or not.

However, when I try to open youtube – doesn't matter if link or the mainpage – this screen pops up telling me to update my browser.

What crap is this? I'd perfectly understand it if the site wouldn't work properly but this is usually the type of behaviour that you know from these scam sites?

What the hell is wrong with youtube for about the last 6 months now?
>>
>reddit spacing and didnt even say which browser he was doing it from
>>
>dog sitting down in mid-air wearing a shower cap with a rabbit trying to jump through him
>>
>NOOOOOO WHAT DO YOU MEAN MY 1995 OBSCURE BROWSER ISN'T SUPPORTED?!
>>
>>101563192
I was trying both Chromium and Firefox, and I knew they were outdated because I haven't been on that laptop in at least 2 years.

The point is that a genuine website shouldn't be checking for the browser AND launch a separate outpuit like this if IT has a problem with it. Like I said, this is known from scamsites that don't like certain browser configurations that prevent their scammy actions and then tell the user who requested to "update" his browser.
>>
Copy the bookmarks to your new machine
>>
>>101563164
skill issue, use Invidious
>>
>>101563288
you would think that google had hired competent enough developers that would make products that are supported on wide range of platforms.
>>
>>101563359
It's fair to drop support for outdated browser versions with security risks.
The only Web browser that's technically secure but unsupported due to it being functionally obsolete is Internet Explorer.
>>
>>101563375
>with security risks
aka which cannot handle our freshly developed functions that we need to launch ads therefore simply bypass them
>>
>>101563164
What is the problem? Update the browser?
>>
>>101563375
why would you put malicious software on your own website?
>>
>>101563398
the problem is that youtube is doing some funny business. I'm gonna fry my disc either today or tomorrow.
I just wanted to see what I bookmarked and youtube doesn't let me.
>>
>>101563392
Fucking retard. Why say this when it's blatantly untrue? Updating your browser doesn't stop Ublock or Noscript from working.
>>
So your problem is that instead of just showing you a broken site, they're telling you what you should do to fix it?
>>
>>101563463
>"why say this when it's blatantly untrue?"
>say something blatantly untrue
nigga, just try it. Don't know if you simply don't understand why it works for you or if you want to circlejerk about your ebin hexx0r skills of configuring a plugin properly.
However, ublock doesn't work. No plugin works with it standard configuration. I know a bunch of people who asked me and I certain don't want to waste my time by doing this for every single one by hand.
Do a clean install, install the newest browser version, install your favourite extension. see if it works. It. Does. Not! I tried because I didn't believe it either
>>
>>101563164
This was a thing in 2014 this is nothing new.
>>
>>101563556
You are actually mentally ill dude. It's nothing more complex than added the extension and enabling it to run in private browser. That's it.
>>
>>101563587
Which part of "I tried and what you say is simply not true" did you not understand?
>>
>>101563164
Just werks on my 13 year old low end laptop. Maybe you are the ine who's incompetent anon

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.