[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 918027349012834.jpg (6 KB, 275x183)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
>does nothing
>competition just keeps shooting themselves in the foot
What is this business strategy called?
>>
>>101564065
I don't know, but I no longer fly with Boeing.
>>
>>101564065
Napoleonic
>>
>>101564065
The Nintendo Gambit
>>
*Napoleonic
>>
>>101564065
Except they are using the same fake titanium as boeing.
>>
>>101564065
>builds massive new super jumbo
>airlines are moving to more efficient, flexible widebody planes
>>
>>101564065

It's called: 'Just do yer fucking job'
>>
>>101564065
They're not even good either.
A380 was a heap of shit.
But it didn't shit the bed like 787.
Nothing has quite shit the bed like 737MAX.
>>
>>101564222
A380 is a masterpiece, just like the Concorde. bad timing is what killed them.
>>
>>101564222
>A380 was a heap of shit.
Now THIS is coping.
>>
>>101564222
Tjhe A350 is the best airliner currently being made, what did you mean by this?
>>
>>101564222
At least it is an insanely safe plane with zero fatal accidents. Same as A321neo and A350. You can call A380 a flop, but it an incredibly well built and safe plane.
>>
>>101564112
777 and 737NG are both safe and good planes actually, I never fly with 787 or 737 MAX though.
>>
>>101564286
cope for what?
>>
>>101564332
This is good to know. My family has some long haul international flights coming up, I think we’re safe from the Max but I’m not sure about the 787.
>>
>>101564222
[citation needed]

The market wasn't ready for it, but the plane itself is topnotch
>>
File: 1708236211013.png (161 KB, 1489x831)
161 KB
161 KB PNG
>>101564065
Airbus has constant engine issues for more than a year now.
The only ones without problems are the Chinese planes.
>>
>>101564940
>Chinese planes
Absolutely horrifying
>>
>>101564982
Just how the (((Western))) car industry already lost, the planes are just losing as well.
https://skift.com/2024/04/29/chinas-new-plane-wins-two-big-orders-should-airbus-and-boeing-be-worried/

And you idiots don't even notice it, because your propaganda doesn't tell you anything about it.
They are only going to tell you once the Chinese already dominate.
Just how they did it with cars. That BYD produces more cars than whole of Europe combined and that European manufacturers have to buy their batteries from BYD... you didn't know that until a year ago, when they told you that they need to be sanctioned or else your car companies go down the drain.
>>
>>101564222
You are a heap of shit.
>>
File: zeT3X1Q.gif (1.69 MB, 316x237)
1.69 MB
1.69 MB GIF
>>101564065
The Bradbury
>>
What's funny is that Airbus also has similar cost-cutting bullshit behind the scenes, but they have yet to go as far as letting their planes disintegrate.
>>
>>101564940
Airbus doesn't make their engines you dolt. Also chinese planes are not even chinese, they're 90% Airbus with a chinese paint job. China absolutely does not have the technology to fully create their own planes.
>>
File: engines_sizes.png (200 KB, 735x244)
200 KB
200 KB PNG
There are so many misguided things in this thread, I don't even know where to begin. Both companies make great planes, but also made (and will continue to make) mistakes. Everyone is complaining about the 737MAX and I don't blame them. The 737 is suffering from "grandfathering", the original design is from the 1960s, initially intended to be equipped with LBR turbofans and low ground clearance for regional airports (the 737-100/-200 even offered gravel-kits). Later, the same design was extended to include HBR turbofans. In order to accomplish that, the engines were "lopsided" (we refer to those as hamster pouches) and put in front of the wing. Next, the avionics and engines where upgraded again. Heavier, bulkier, more effort required to make it work. Lastly, they decided to extend it again, adding even larger HBR turbofans, which meant even more changes to the original design. At this point, there was no way of solving the resulting poor pitch up moment at high AoA with aerodynamic/hardware means without having to basically recertify a whole new aircraft (a topic which I won't go into now). The upshot: They tried to solve a hardware issue with software - MCAS. This is a good indication that an aircraft design has reached its limits and a new design (starting from scratch) is required ("797").
The accidents that followed were a result of poor software/sensors and poor information about how the software worked, how it would interact with the aircraft, what failure modes exist and how it can be dealt with.
>>
>>101564846
787 has a good safety record, but I am not trusting anything designed by Boeing after 2000s. The older designs are fine.
>>
>>101564222
>A380 was a heap of shit
Get a load of this guy
>>
>>101565122
So cost efficiency done right
>>
>>101565245
What you said doesn't really make sense. Yeah, I agree Boeing should've made something like Airbus A320 series. However, this itself doesn't explain MCAS. You just wouldn't trust one sensor data for something involving the aircraft control and you wouldn't be opaque about this feature. That whole MCAS fiasco is showing Boeing's deteriorating safety culture. It is the same problem as the 737 MAX door blowout. That fucking company itself is rotten from the ground, thanks to MD executives replacing the engineers.
>>
File: 1715730684252452.jpg (146 KB, 1800x757)
146 KB
146 KB JPG
Brazil WON
>>
>>101565297
>What you said doesn't really make sense.
>You just wouldn't trust one sensor data for something involving the aircraft control and you wouldn't be opaque about this feature.
vs.
>The accidents that followed were a result of poor software/sensors and poor information about how the software worked, how it would interact with the aircraft, what failure modes exist and how it can be dealt with.
How does my statement differ from yours? Besides, I'm not trying to excuse any of the manufacturers mistakes. They are bad mistakes and need to be pointed out vigorously. The emergency exit plug/panel in-flight separation is a result of shoddy work.
>On September 1, 2023, records show that NCR 1450292531 was created noting five damaged rivets on the edge frame forward of the left MED plug. See figure 14 for rivet locations.
>Records show the rivets were replaced per engineering requirements on Non-Conformance (NC) Order 145-8987-RSHK-1296-002NC completed on September 19, 2023, by Spirit AeroSystems personnel. Photo documentation obtained from Boeing shows evidence of the left-hand MED plug closed with no retention hardware (bolts) in the three visible locations (the aft upper guide track is covered with insulation and cannot be seen in the photo).
Accidents will always happen, and aviation safety is all about thorough investigation.
>Yeah, I agree Boeing should've made something like Airbus A320 series.
Yeah nah. Airbus also needs to rethink the A320 series. Grandfathering is a huge issue and it creeps in by saying "we should make this a long series". At some point, new designs are required, even if they cost a lot of money.
>>
>>101564065
>does nothing

lmao sure, they just created A321XLR (extra long range)

this narrowbody single aisle aircraft will steal all the widebody aircraft routes, because they can fly it more cheaper with the A321XLR

8700km non-stop flight
>>
>>101564065
Its a duopoly. They're both shit, but journalists are too stupid to be able to shine the spotlight on both, so they just focus on the slightly shittier one.
>>
>>101564065
What is this business strategy called?
"Sane competition"?
You just do what your client pays you for. Instead of doing your shareholder's dark bidding.
>>
File: 1721913847847.png (845 KB, 639x718)
845 KB
845 KB PNG
>>101564222
no u!
>>
>>101565515
It will certainly help retire 757/767/A330-ceo routes, but 777/787/A350/A330neo will still be the bread and butter of transcontinental flights. 8700km soundslike a lot until you realize that even 787 has 12000-13800km range.
>>
>>101565859
It's not just range, larger aircraft is just more comfortable for transcontinental routes. Imagine flying 10 hours in a narrow body lol
>>
>>101564199
that's called the a350
>>
>>101565050
europe likes being china's cuck
>>
>>101565515
They will steal nothing, because all the European airlines lost the long range business thanks to the Russia sanctions (try to fly to Asia without crossing Russian airspace).
The Chinese airlines, which took those lines, buy Chinese aircraft.
The Americans don't buy airbus.

So the only potential customer is Arabs. And they won't be very eager to buy them either, as long as Europe supports Israel.
You cucked yourself out of business, by following the orders from your mulatto master.
>>
>>101566278
Are you actually retarded?
>European airlines lost the long range business
well for asian routes, they flew over turkey-azerbaijan-kazakhstan-china route, and it just makes the fly time few hours longer. people still fly routes like london-tokyo. also, american routes still exist.
>The Chinese airlines, which took those lines, buy Chinese aircraft.
you don't realize most people prefer just flying few hours extra instead of a china layover? your logic is very weird anon.
>The Americans don't buy airbus.
they do buy airbus
>>
>>101566814
>most people prefer just flying few hours extra
Not him but this is the biggest cope I've read on here.
>>
>>101564332
Haha, yeah guys, it's just the other planes coming out of the factories that have major design and qa flaws. You're totally safe on the other boeing planes.
>>
>>101566846
I don't have any connection between Russian closing its air space and European customers starting flying to Asia with non-european airlines. Let's assume you are going to fly from London to Tokyo.

Option 1: Fly for 14 hours with going from south without connections
Option 2: Fly to China over russia(11-12 hours), wait for connecting flight for hours, fly to Tokyo(2 hours)

Why would anyone choose 2 over 1? Yes, Chinese airlines do often great deals, and you can fly to Asia for fairly cheap, but it still has nothing to do with Russia sanctions.
>>
>>101564222
The A380 is the best plane I ever flew on
>>
>>101566889
Boeing stopped producing the triple-seven and non-max 737. If you are flying an older aircraft, and your airline has good safety ratings, then nothing bad is going to happen.
>>
>>101564065
Its called not committing ritual suicide by shareholder supremacy
>>
>>101566278
>(try to fly to Asia without crossing Russian airspace).
a ton of them goes through the shithole of dubai and similars
>>
>>101566814
>well for asian routes, they just fly a few hours longer and more expensive
I know that the free market is not very popular with you guys... but you do understand that this is a massive disadvantage in competition?
All flights to East Asia from my country are now run by Chinese airlines. Lufthansa backed out of this market already.
>most people prefer just flying few hours extra instead of a china layover
Go ahead and ask Lufthansa, you idiot. Go to your airport and check which airlines are doing the long routes.

In fact, the USA had to sanction Chinese airlines, because their own airlines where losing their business because of Sanctions as well.
And they are far less affected by those. They are not as reliant on Russian airspace as Europe is.

You killed yourself.
Because a mulatto from the other side of the world ordered you too.
Europe is out-of-business when it is about airlines.
There could be a crashing Boeing every week and they would still have a better future than Airbus, because the US government protects them.
>>
>>101565245
It’s not the fact that they make mistakes that people are afraid of. It’s the fact that they assassinate whistleblowers. It implies they they not only make a great many mistakes, but have been doing so for a long time and have zero intention of fixing them. This essentially means that they make mistakes ON PURPOSE, in some sense.
>>
>>101567098
we are getting in a cyberpunk dystopia without the cool shit man...

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.