[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: internet.jpg (431 KB, 2533x1343)
431 KB
431 KB JPG
Hey guys is there any easy way to fix packet loss? I play CS2 and get up to 40% loss sometimes. I just have a PC hardline to a modem nothing else going on.

There has to be a prog or something that can fix this right?
>>
File: slow the fuck down.jpg (44 KB, 452x343)
44 KB
44 KB JPG
>>101564874
It's hardware issue.
Call the utilities, probably poor quality wiring (copper ?) or something's fucked up at DSL distributor
>>
>>101564874
sounds like DOCSIS instead of DSL to me.
Yeah guess what, docsis is the biggest crap. Of course you will have issues.
>inb4 no huehue I nevar had issues with docsis
No fuck you. I work for an ISP that does both and the docsis part all over the different cities sucks ass. You have like just a few bits lost every few seconds or even minutes but that adds up quickly for powerusers that for example do livestreaming.
Go make about hundred pings each second over the course of ten minutes and you will see small shit missing. You can do this with less than 5 lines of code just by using while-true and ping. Fuck docsis, but normal people that just watch tv will never even see that there is something wrong with it. It works, but not for gaming and uploading continuously.
>>
>>101566828
What other (dis)advantages does cable have over DSL?
Are there any inherent advantages to DSL?
>>
>>101564957
No way DSL can achieve 300Mbps.
>>
>>101568198
It's not uncommon and there are standards that go even higher. It's called super vectoring.
https://en.avm.de/guide/35b-supervectoring-explained/
>>
OP, if you can accept higher latency set up a VPS with https://github.com/wangyu-/UDPspeeder
If you are on DSL you can try forcing lower link speed.
>>
>>101564874
If it's happening in your network then maybe, but if it's happening outside on the ISP's shit then I don't think there's much you can do other than call them up and hope to get it fixed.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.