[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 17219325756353199.jpg (26 KB, 640x480)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
You know how they say the collapse will be gradual... I'm believing that less and less...cloudstrike comes to mind...

Equal parts horror and comedy, the following website, an example of purposely horrible UI, shares elements with many UIs:
https://userinyerface.com/game.html

ITT we share experiences with tech.
I'll start:

Samsung phones:
The worst offender, ANIMATIONS, even when "reduce animations" toggled on.
Dynamic loading of even default apps.
Both lockscreen and non-lockscreen max brightness dimmer.
Max brightness only possible with the horrible auto brightness.
Default long press delay increased about a year ago.
Searching by keyword in Settings has lag.
Auto correct - you used to be able to backspace after an autocorrect to keep what you typed, but now have to select your word from the suggestions.
>>
File: 172162493032624680.jpg (181 KB, 1439x1790)
181 KB
181 KB JPG
>>101563395
I would say based.
But more, the comic exposes people's inconsistency in belief.

From last bread:
>>101563355
>website redesigns horrible
It's as though they don't understand hierarchal trees.
I miss the sitemaps that used to exist at the bottom of main pages.
>>
File: 172112663806548270.jpg (46 KB, 1439x526)
46 KB
46 KB JPG
The confirmation to delete for Android's messages is replaced by "move to trash," which is useless is I can restore it from trash. But the message, just like Google's "here's what's you were last year" is probably there to tell you they're storing your data, to mitigate legal trouble.
>>
>>101569739
>The confirmation to delete for Android's messages is replaced by "move to trash," which is useless is I can restore it from trash
The button states the action so that users, who are dumb fucking idiots that don't read, have one additional bit of information to help them understand what they're about to do. This is an objectively superior confirmation dialogue method to a mere ok/cancel or confirm/cancel.
>>
>>101569778
>>The confirmation to delete for Android's messages is replaced by "move to trash," which is useless is I can restore it from trash
>The button states the action so that users, who are dumb fucking idiots that don't read, have one additional bit of information to help them understand what they're about to do. This is an objectively superior confirmation dialogue method to a mere ok/cancel or confirm/cancel.

It's now a long press, followed by 3 presses, to delete.
While this may be an upgrade, it's still horrible.
>Catering to idiots
How far will they go?
The confirmation to do x, over 20 years, has only helped me once. The amount of time these confirmations have wasted has probably set technological advancement back a decade
>>
Universal complaints:
Cookie disclaimer. Bonus when you accept, but still prompts you every time.

EVERYTHING LAGS

AI garbage promoted everywhere. No, I don't want your AI, just as I don't want your personal assistants, which I'm sure they only push to harvest data.
>>
>>101569830
>>Catering to idiots
>How far will they go?
You know how smart an average person is? Remember, statistically 50% of them are dumber than that. They can't control the intelligence of their audience. Catering to the lowest common denominator is the safest way to prevent absolute morons from losing their shit on you for allowing them to make bad decisions.
>>
>>101570005
>>>Catering to idiots
>>How far will they go?
>You know how smart an average person is? Remember, statistically 50% of them are dumber than that. They can't control the intelligence of their audience.
Just want to add that they choose to act even more retarded than they are, by accepting contradictions.

For one example, consent is a big issue, yet they love government and hate companies.

>Catering to the lowest common denominator is the safest way to prevent absolute morons from losing their shit on you for allowing them to make bad decisions.
I agree, the poor are terrorists, which is why companies cater to them.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.