[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1710857285785219.png (469 KB, 965x790)
469 KB
469 KB PNG
Currently I use the Corsair scimitar as I appreciate the many side buttons.
Problem is that the mouse scroll wheel gave out and this is apparently a common issue.
Even binding scroll to the side buttons isn't that great a fix as their macro system somehow has terrible lag for the scroll wheel option (somehow).
Do you have any suggestions for a good mouse with many side buttons?
Perhaps I could try making a custom macro but I'm not sure what to use for that.
Would AHK suffice? (no experience) How would I tell it to target the special side buttons?
Thanks for the help in advance.
>>
>>101573102
input-remaper for linux and steermouse for mac.
If you use windows you can go fuck yourself.
>>
If you use Windows you can go treat yourself :)
>>
>>101573102
How is this thing usable without accidentally mashing those buttons?
>>
>>101573293
I really don't want to buy another only for it to break down again in a year or so.
>>
>>101575193
Surprisingly it rarely happens.
The buttons slide under your thumb and take a little pressure to trigger.
It's real handy and overall ergonomic feeling for me.
Just wish the scroll wheel wasn't so prone to failure.
(also the software while not the worst definitely needs work.)
>>
>>101575193
because my thumb isn't a fucking brick? it's ductile nigga
>>
>>101573102
My advice is to learn to solder or earn more money because these type mice from any company are all pieces of shit but there are no alternatives. If it is ~$100 every year for a new mouse or fucking up my wrists I know which I will choose.
>>
>>101575692
I earn plenty of money, I'm just a scrooge.
I do know how to solder and looked into DIY.
Unfortunately have to tear off the little under paddies for that.
>>
>>101575707
You can get replacement skates for cheap. There's universal dot skates that you can use to keep the screw holes accessible.
>>
>>101575274
ah, rock spider fingers
>>
>>101576092
Oh cool will look into that.
>>
>>101573102
This depends what you are doing but using your thumb to smash all those buttons will lead to RSI and tendon ache.
Source: my own experience.
I'd recommend staying away from these meme-tier devices, especially if you are gaming with it as these are marketed for MMOs especially.
Imagine going through hundreds of button presses during some combat section and only using your thumb for those...
>>
>>101573102
I don't know how the Corsair software is set up but needing to use a macro for that doesn't seem right.
Can't you just reassign the keys?
>>
>>101576142
Well i used the Corsair software to reassign but for some reason the reassigned "scroll" ends up with sporadic lag for some unknown reason.
It's really irksome as I can't get a consistent cause down.
>>
>>101576139
Hmm, what would you recommend instead for someone who games a bit?
The side buttons are convenient I'll admit but maybe I'll have to cope with using the keyboard or controller instead if it is as bad as you say.
Haven't developed RSI yet thankfully.
>>
>>101576185
Get a decent mouse which weighs under 100 grams and which has two side buttons (mainly for browsing and back button etc).
No need to complicate things further because in the long run, you will need to take care of your own health too.
>https://www.logitechg.com/en-us/products/gaming-mice/pro-x-superlight-wireless-mouse.910-005878.html
Something like this but this one is perhaps too expensive for what it is.
You could get Corsair Sabre Pro or something which is much cheaper I guess.
Also get a big mouse pad, needs to be larger than 16 inches (40cm+) and learn arm aiming. Arm aiming feels retarded at first but it's also useful in day to day computing and at the office too.
If you think about the ergonomics now, you might not develop any issues when you get older (30-40+). Of course this is varies with each individual.
>>
>>101576185
The problems for me were about two things -
I had the logitech MMO mouse and the side buttons were very damn stiff but I didn't care about it. At the time I was also playing MMOs so I decided to map lot of functions.
Eventually this meant my tendons started to ache and this lasted for days. Which means it is an inflammation and so on.
Maybe it's problematic for me because I have played guitar since I was a teenager and have practiced for hours and hours every day especially when I was younger: this means I have tendon damage on both of my hands (it's not painful normally but any prolonged action will cause pain unless I'm very careful about ergonomy) and using computer 8+ hours a day will only make it worse.
But this is what kind of happened. Just a word of caution.
>>
>>101573102
Which buttons are the default back and forward buttons for web browsing, etc on this type of mouse?
>>
>>101577520
Are you trolling? If there's two side buttons you could probably guess which is which...
>>
>>101577527
Yeah but there are 12 side buttons
>>
>>101577520
None, you have to map that I think
>>
>>101573102
>mouse scroll wheel gave out and this is apparently a common issue
it is and there is a fix, although you can mess up the glide pads
take the glide pads off, unscrew the base to get into the guts, remove any dust/hair that has gotten caught around the wheel and lube the gears on the wheel (I just used some vaseline I had lying around)
issue is that the glide pads don't go back on perfectly, but that fix has been good on my mouse for the past year or so
>>
File: 1717022141503.jpg (42 KB, 573x1000)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
What's a mouse that is MOST like the G502 with being a fucking Logitech piece of shit? The fucking mousewheels on these cunts keep corroding, like every time, across multiple rebrandings. Spectrum, Hero, Proteus, whatever. It looks like it has a plastic/rubber grip in photos but that shit rubs off after 3 months and then the underlying metal turns into some jagged rusty green-brown shit that slices up your skin.
>>
>>101573102
If you can assign F13-F24 keys to those extra buttons you can use them in AHK. That's what I did with my G502.
>>
>>101577699
The real question is why can't people just make a good mouse?
I'd pay exrtra for a good build.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.