[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: images.png (6 KB, 225x225)
6 KB
6 KB PNG
How do I make this...Not full of spyware and bloat slop?
Linux is all right but I only use it for work.
>>
Linux is a piece of garbage if you intend to use it as Desktop.
>>
install ltsc (no bloat) and look up registry tweaks for telemetry or just use a program like oosu10.
that being said, who knows if that takes care of it all but its still a mostly usable system. i settled since linux doesnt scratch every itch for me and i dont wanna dualboot
>>
>>101573262
Best you can do is installing IoT LTSC 2021 and running something that turns off telemetry like O&O ShutUp10++ (you can do it manually but you have to know what to turn off in the Group Policy Editor)

https://massgrave.dev/windows_ltsc_links
>>
File: 1721895623430730.gif (1.31 MB, 480x270)
1.31 MB
1.31 MB GIF
>>101573262
https://ameliorated.io

;)
>>
>>101573748
I really wonder how effective shutup10 is, I use it but wouldn't surprise me if MS have found a way around it anyway (other than sometimes resetting the settings after updates)
>>
>>101573262

it got better with updates, reset to factory settings and on first login tick no to almost everything
>>
>>101573926
I don't think MS would reset group policies on LTSC or else companies would be furious
>>
>>101573987
oh yeah i don't mean on LTSC, they do it on normal editions though (or at least shutup10 warns you it may happen, i don't know how often updates actually do it)
>>
>>101573704
>Linux is a piece of garbage
works on my machine.
>>
>>101573704
ok frothie
>>101573262
there are 5 trillion apps and privacy bullshit scripts if you want to waste time.
>>
Wu10man antiguo bloat scripts, look it up at github
>>
>>101573262
@echo off
del C:\\WINDOWS\system32

It's the only way.
>>
>>101573262
linux is your only way sadly, at some point you will have to spend more effort fighting to make windows 10/11 not suck than you would learning linux, so I think you might as well rip the bandaid off sooner rather than later

nobara is a good start if you want a modern, up to date desktop that is normie friendly
>>
>>101573262
you can't even delete pajeet edge on IoT LTSC completely. "oh look I'm so smart to run some shady script from github". You can't completely disable telemetry, don't fall into their lies. It still collects some data even if you're offline. Forget about windoze, it's done.
>>
>>101573704
Simply not true. Works on my gaming rig. Have you tried not being useless at life?
>>
>>101573717
this + get simplewall or any other actual firewall which will let you block their apps from connecting to the internet
simplewall even has blocklists that block their spyware servers
>>
>>101573262
I'm going to be full on honest with you here. I changed 2/3rd of the computers in use with Linux. Soon to be 3/4ths. Microsoft has proven that they have no interest in my privacy or the privacy of my business. Twice in a row, only to double down with Windows 11. The only system that's Windows is the point of sales computer because the hardware doesn't work with Linux. I don't think the credit card processing software works with Linux either. I could be incorrect but I don't have the down time to fuck with it. Nor do I really care. That machine simply connects to a bank for processing transactions. That's all it does. The data, while highly valuable, legally can't be used for any purposes outside of the transaction and proof of purchase and my taxes every 4 months. If Microsoft wants that data, they can have it. Everything else runs Linux and it's far more stable than it's ever been.
>>
>>101573987
>>101574049
Not op. Just a dude who runs their business on Linux. I'm not going to trust Microsoft. They don't seem to have their heads in the right place. I tried going back to Windows several times thinking it would make something more stable than proton or something and I was met with even more bugs on 11. Admittedly 10 might be fine. My point is that I'm not going to fight with Microsoft when Linux just works. It's taken a long time for it to get to this point but, it's finally ready for prime time. There's still a few minor glitches in kde plasma, and gnome is still garbage, and cinnamon is still a pile of garbage desperately clinging to the past, but the amount of bug fixes in all 3 of the major desktops have made using Linux the best it's ever been. I am not going to claim yotld or any schizophrenic rambling but for anyone looking to find another os to run their lives, will be served well on Linux these days. It's been a long time since I've experienced any show stopping bugs. I run kde neon on most things and Debian as my server os. I'm about to play with Linux mint 22 but I really like how kde neon is immutable and software like wine when it crashes, doesn't destroy the underlying os. I think more desktop distributions should be immutable. Fedora Silverblue would be another good choice but I've had several issues with Fedora and KDE Plasma. If you like gnome, fedora or straight Ubuntu are both good choices.
>>
>>101573262
there is no spyware and bloat is a meme. Get a job so you will use your computer to do something productive.
>>
>>101573262
You got a little bit over an year before you won't be using it anymore.
>>
>>101573262
Install CachyOS
>>
>>101573704
Aren't there a bunch of distros to pick from, custom made for whatever you might want to do?
>>
>>101573262
You can't.
>>
File: 3.png (301 KB, 612x586)
301 KB
301 KB PNG
>>101573704
correct.
Linux is a kernel, you cannot use it as a Desktop
>>
>>101579649
jargon words

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.