[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Does anyone remember the name of a game trainer/byte manipulator program for windows, I was using it about 10 or 12 years ago, it would prompt you to so something to change the ingame value you wanted to change and it would bring up a list of all the memory values that changed when you did, then you would narrow down to get the value you wanted. I thought it was called something like bit poker or bit pusher or something but I can't find it.
>>
Cheat Engine
>>
>>101574821
I know the software you are thinking of, but I can't remember the name either. I think it's called "Cheat Mechanism" or maybe "Swindle Engine" I'm not sure. Try asking reddit.
>>
>>101574848
No that's not it. This post >>101574861 is closer.
>>
>>101574861
>>101574848
I picked the cheat engine logo because it specifically isn't cheat engine, it was simpler and a bit more streamlined, it just worked.
>>
>>101574888
That's weird because cheat engine just works, is extremely easy to use, and literally has the exact feature you described
>>
>>101574905
nah it's gross, and I won't elaborate either
>>
>>101574914
It's one of the most autistically well-engineered programs of all time, so you don't need to elaborate because I know you are wrong already. There isn't even a commercial debugger that surpasses it in what it can do, and everything it can do is 10x easier to do in it than any other debugging software. If you got filtered by cheatengine it's over
>>
>>101574964
I can use it I just don't like its UI.
>>
>>101574821
I fucking love cheat engine. I haven't thought about it in years though, any Linux equivalents? How would something like that work with a game running through Proton?
>>
>>101575008
>any linux equivalents
Unironically cheat engine.
CE has a client and server component, the client only runs on windows, but the server has both linux and windows builds. You can run the server natively on linux then emulate the client with wine and connect it to the server and it works
>>
>>101575046
Eh, that'll work on my gayming rig. I did some googling for things that don't use wine (no wine on my laptop, bloat) and found gameconquerer and PINCE. I'll have to have some fun this weekend.
>>
>>101574821
it's called IDM
>>
>>101575046
Didn't work well the last time I used it.
>>
>>101574964
>It's one of the most autistically well-engineered programs of all time
Funnily, the code behind it is absolutely atrocious.
>>
>>101574964
what does it do better than gdb/lldb?
>>
It's Poke
https://web.archive.org/web/20220812182433/codefromthe70s.org/poke.aspx

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.