[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1721598181148714.jpg (320 KB, 797x603)
320 KB
320 KB JPG
Let's face it, the internet was a terrible idea, now all communication and media happens in this one network owned solely by tech elites and the telecommunication's industry.
>>
>>101575163
Make your own
>>
>>101575205
I might and be nice, I'm trying to start a conversation here.
>>
>>101575163
We need a reliable mesh network implementation that just werks (TM) for when centralized internet goes tits up for whatever reasons.
Imagine it happens today, we'd pretty much all be fucked (not me though, with my 5TB anime collection, hurr).
>>
>>101575263
Yeah. What kind of system do you keep your anime collection in?
>>
>>101575263
How would we connect all the main systems?
>>
>>101575163
We need to bring back modems. They made virtually independent networking over the phone network so easy. There was even a Second Life like chatroom that was accesible via telephone and modem, it was called "Quantum Link",
>>
Whups, accidentally sent it to myself but I mean it, they led to the rise of BBSes, which practically independent social media that was way better than the crap we get on Facebook and Twitter but unfortunately all that was replaced by internet messegeboards and chatrooms and even that was replaced by the terrible internet apps we have now.
>>
File: 1721675134320054.jpg (107 KB, 1024x768)
107 KB
107 KB JPG
I know it sounds primitive but they gave us more freedom with telephone and computer technology.
>>
>>101577240
daddy's got nice muscle milkers

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.