[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_3203.jpg (13 KB, 352x352)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
>had to settle for a m1 instead
how do i cope? ig i like the fact that it has no notch, but the screen display quality, battery and two speakers instead of the 4 that the m2/m3 have made me feel like i fucked it up, plus i used linux before so prob gonna end up putting asahi on it.
>>
>>101579801
Not much difference in experience. Don’t be a stupid consumer fag and use your damn pc.
They are all tools in the end. You will get used to it real soon. So calm your raging ass down.
>>
>>101579801
i need highest numbers ahhhhh
>>
>>101579801
m2 is garbage, slow ssds, overheating etc.
>>
I appreciate this topic. There is this fear of missing out whenever a device that looks a little different with higher numbers comes out. Sometimes, it is just hard to be happy with what you have until the novelty of the new shiny thing wears out.
>>
>>101580484
i mean, i dont care about the number, its cuz of the features/slight improvements,
>>
>>101579801
Got an m3 from work, the notch literally doesn’t matter. There’s never anything that would be in that part of the screen under normal use.
>>
>>101579801
I've been holding off on using Asahi, last time I tried it out it would go unresponsive after going into sleep mode.
>>
>>101579801
not an apple user, but i was under the impression that the m1 mogs the m2? idk about the m3/m4, but i doubt theyre particularly faster, and in any case, this is the mac air we're talking about, if you were really serious about performance you should get the mac studio or beefy PC or rent a linux server in the cloud or something
>>
>>101581436
i want the m2 cuz midnight finish, yeah maybe i have sum slight autism
>>
>>101579801
M1 has better thermal management than the M2, which throttles much faster.
M1 has no notch.
M1 has two SSD chips whatever your configuration, making your SSD faster.
M1 has basically the exact same screen as the M2, the difference would not be that notable.

I sympathise with your desire for a different colour - I, for example, hate plastic gray laptops. I am fine with plastic black, but plastic gray screams cheap to me. However, macbook silver? I am fine. But hey. We can't get EVERYTHING. You still have killer battery life and a machine that will last a hell of a lot longer than most regular laptops.
>>
>>101582496
The notch literally doesn’t matter
>>
>>101582534
He doesn't like the fact it has a notch! I don't care. I have an M3 pro on it's way to me tomorrow :)
>>
>>101582496
what about sound and magsafe charger?
do I miss sum cuz of having two speakers instead of 4?
>>
>>101579801
I hate apple literal free linux desktop environments are better than that overpriced finder dekstop shit. I just like the speakers and the battery life

But now I may be forced to get one since I do iOS development. Hackintosh might not even be worth the hustle since the silicon chips....I guess I could also just learn react and code for android and ios on linux....

anyway what should I do anons
>>
>>101582772
Sure, but M3 speakers are worse than M2 to benefit the 15", so it doesn't really matter. How often are you going to use speakers? Either way they're meant to be incredibly good compared to most laptops.

Magsafe is a nice luxury. That's all. It's funny and autism to do it but you can't afford that rn, so it's fine. Usbc good. Magsafe just looks nice, it wouldn't save your skin in most scenarios

>>101582777
No they aren't.
>Icons
>Conflicting toolkits (QT, GTK, Xapp, more)
>Basically nothing productive you can do.
People spend time "ricing", installing a new distro, ricing again.
>Hackintosh
Unstable garbage. Really not worth it for any professional machine, I've known several who swapped to 13 inch base macbook pros bc hackintosh was so bad
>>
I think the most important thing I can say is be comfy with what you have, because you can get something nicer at another time. What you get from Apple at the brand-new price is rarely good value. If you could, consider a refurb M2 or M3? I worry myself about the quality of refurbs though as I've never had one from ANYWHERE. The only hopeful thing is that it's from Apple.
>>
>>101582901
well, not much cuz have a dac/amp usb dongle and imma plan to use with the macbook
>>
>>101579801
Dont feel bad, I bought a used Dell Latitude I found on Craigslist for 200 bux and put Slackware on it, works for me
>>
I guess even Macniggers need their hugbox threads once in a while
>inb4 le poor
Says the cuck buying the 4 year M1 planned obsolencecore prooooduct
>>
>>101586288
There's nothing planned to be obsolete about the M1. If you're buying it new it will last you many many years even today.
>>
update: gonna return it for a m2 today, dog bless having autism
>>
File: 1700292251410536.jpg (412 KB, 1920x1080)
412 KB
412 KB JPG
there is no equivalent to macbooks

macbooks have:
>soldered SSD/RAM/WLAN
doesnt exist on 99% of PCs
>when pajeetOS runs out of RAM it swapfile rapes the SSD to death within 3 years
>when the SSD dies it bricks your entire currybook because the EFI is stored on the soldered SSD to save $0.05 on a dedicated chip
>riveted keyboard that requires total destruction of the chassis to replace
>serial numbered battery that prevents boot if you replace it yourself
>screens so fucking shit they have over 90ms response times (essentially 10Hz)
>flexgate cables that are so brittle they crack from opening your screen past 90 degrees more than 2 dozen times
>screen made from pajeet trash glass that cracks from temperature change in seasons or tape over the iBotnet webcam
>so fire and explosion prone the FAA have banned them from all flights
>uses phone CPU that's so shit it gets destroyed by half decade old i3s from 2017 and can only "compete" by cheating at benchmarks in extreme edge cases with hardware accelerators
>curryniggers at apploo get so full of sniffing their own currynigger silicon shit they ship currybooks with no fans and they run so hot they melt the keyboard keys
>keyboards with 63.5% failure rate
unheard of on PCs, and yet you curryniggers defend it with "jus werx fer me!"
just because you're in the 36.5% survivor group doesn't make your currynigger trash any good
this list goes on forever

imagine you buy a car and if one tire gets a flat the entire car is trashed, that's a currybook
theres no PC laptop as total fucking currynigger shit as crapple's streetshitterbooks
they are one of the biggest heaps of steaming currynigger shit in the history of computing second only to curryPhones
>>
>>101587176
tldr im still buying a macbook
>>
>>101587176
I’ll never understand why /g/ incels try so hard to associate apple with India when android and windows dominate over there
It’s just sad really
>>
I GOT THE M2
>>
>>101579801
M4 is around the corner. I'd just get that instead.
>>
>>101579801
For the average person you'd notice zero difference.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.