[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Remember when everyone thought this was going to happen because of "Net Neutrality"? That was pretty funny.
>>
>>101581681
Considering the web is pretty much dead and gone outside of a handful of mainstream sites, we have pretty much reached the same end, just by different means.
>>
>>101581681
yeah that was pretty retarded.
>>
>>101581681
I pay $170 a month for internet
>>
>>101581681
But it has happened, Youtube pushing ads and subscriptions hard, Disney has a subscription, Wikipedia has a permanent donation banner
>>
>>101581783
You're getting ripped off
>>
>>101581681
There's nothing stopping them from doing this still. Not like most people have a choice in ISPs.
>>
>>101581783
Kek
I hope that includes 10gb internet and that all of your devices support those speeds
>>
>>101581681
wtf is wrong with the compression in that image?
>>
>>101581811
Theres nothing stopping your from urinating on the floor In a public mall
>>
File: 1708424677574.jpg (41 KB, 500x745)
41 KB
41 KB JPG
>>101581919
>Theres nothing stopping your from urinating on the floor In a public mall
if only...
>>
You know they'd do it if given the chance. The real question is, wouldn't a VPN make all of this irrelevant? Before they try to ban them of course.
>>
T-Mobile does not follow Net Neutrality. They have deals with some services for no-cost traffic, giving those services a huge advantage. Meta does the same with Internet providers in developing countries.
>>
>>101581681
remember when it did happen but they just called it saas and you are too stupid to understand it. kinda like how you still think we 'live in a free market capitalist system' when objectively, jewish buracrats use civil right issues and the welfare systems propped up in response to manufactured slights so they can redistribute the wealth of the white middle class in a suspiciously communistic way to themselves under the pretense of sharing it with the poor?
>>
>>101582250
>remember when it did happen
No, because it didnt
>>
>>101581905
It's probably AI upscaled.
>>
>>101581681
It already happened regardless that unironically retarded law
Most of ISP have blacklists of forbidden sites thay serves the very same purpose but widely accepted under "problematic, racist, incel, muh children/national security, etc..." labels
>>
>>101581681
Net Neutrality was meant to stop exactly this type of behavior, but corpos have successfully gaslighted people into believing the exact opposite to smack it down.
>>
>>101581681
>because of
I think you have it backwards
>>
>>101581802
I know. Cox is the only fiber in town so they can charge whatever they want.
>>101581822
1gbps
>>
>>101583300
>Igb
I hope you're using cat 6a, your router can handle 1gb and all your motherboards support those speeds otherwise it's a waste

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.