[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • You may highlight syntax and preserve whitespace by using [code] tags.

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 61-liuOVe0L._AC_SL1500_.jpg (88 KB, 923x1391)
88 KB
88 KB JPG
I fell for the trackball meme from another thread and ordered one of these, what am I in for?
>>
Junk. Man, I hate kensington. Usable trackballs start at about 100 bucks or so, Gameball is good, L-trac is good. Kensington, Logitech, and Elecom all have DOGSHIT tolerances and low quality bearings.
>>
>>101584952
The red ball Logitech trackballs were really good, along with the first model of the blue ball wireless
>>
>>101584870
it's usable but I modded it a little, the buttons are quite stiff so I opened it and sandpapered the plastic thinner so it requires almost no force, ez job
>>
>>101584870
Got one by perixx, curious when it will break down.
>>
>>101584870
>what am I in for?
Depends, I've never found the appeal of those kind, I'm more of a thumb ball guy.
>>
>>101587864
A trackball in thumb position is still a trackball. I got my first trackball recently, a thumb one. I've been thinking it would be easier to control with one like in OP's pic, but I never used one.
>>
>>101584870
The best trackball mouse of all time if you bought the one in the picture. I no longer have wrist pain as a total degen who uses computer for 12 hours a day.
>>
>>101584870
Not great, but usable.
>>101584952
You can swap the Elecom bearings for better ones and I've been using the Hueg with no problems, might eventually pick up a gameball though.
>>
>>101590654
>You can swap the Elecom bearings for better ones
I've done this, it's a minor improvement at best. I've only used one static bearing trackball that has consistent performance, and that's the gameball. I don't know how they did it, maybe it's the positioning of the bearings, maybe it's their grade, but it's consistently good.
>>
>>101587405
the wireless ones chew through batteries like no tomorrow.
>>
File: mx-ergo-gallery-02.png (63 KB, 800x800)
63 KB
63 KB PNG
>>101584870
I use pic related. This should be the standard mouse used by everyone since it is superior in every way to a conventional mouse. You need maybe 10% of the effort to move the cursor compared to a conventional mouse.
>>
>>101584870
I enjoy using it but I have a couple of complains.
The wrist pad is not comfortable so you want to get another one.
Only two buttons.
Symmetrical button placement is questionable, I end up rotating it to the left.
I also have the cheaper thumb operated trackball from Logitech and it's pretty enjoyable.
The aren't expensive, I suggest getting both and seeing what works best for you.
>>
>>101590733
I have this but on the other side to not use my right hand anymore swapped to ergo Kee kard with custome layout but my right hands seems not to be getting any better even after almost not using it anymore
>>
File: elecom huge.jpg (40 KB, 394x387)
40 KB
40 KB JPG
>>101584870
If you go that route at least buy a good one...
it might be cheaper too... because they do not waste money on marketing...
>>
File: goat.jpg (262 KB, 1600x1200)
262 KB
262 KB JPG
>>101590733
>You need maybe 10% of the effort to move the cursor
I was like that for the first month. Now I feel no difference and if you really need some sniper precision clicks, just use the button above the trackball to slow the cursor down. Pointing out you can do it for the people interested in this model.
Also, this mouse is amazing if you dual boot. I bound its primary mode to Linux and secondary to Windows. Pairing is as easy as clicking just one button, no idea how other mice lack this.
>trackball thread
>no goatse keyboard
sad
>>
>>101584870
>what am I in for?
Are you seriously unable to wait 24 fucking hours and try it for yourself and make your own fucking opinions on the matter?
Holy nigger shit kys
>>
>>101584870
mental retardation

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.