[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1722995497653.png (565 KB, 730x560)
565 KB
565 KB PNG
>Interviewing
Neetcode 150: https://neetcode.io/practice
Tips and interview practice: https://blog.interviewing.io/

>How to write a resume
https://stackoverflow.blog/2020/11/25/how-to-write-an-effective-developer-resume-advice-from-a-hiring-manager/

>Salary Stuff
"What's your expected salary?": https://www.fearlesssalarynegotiation.com/salary-expectations-interview-question/
Negotiation advice: https://www.freecodecamp.org/news/how-not-to-bomb-your-offer-negotiation-c46bb9bc7dea/
Salary data: https://levels.fyi/

Don't disclose your current salary to recruiters.

>Layoffs
https://layoffs.fyi/

Previous Thread: >>101877923
>>
File: 1723667417343682.jpg (139 KB, 640x692)
139 KB
139 KB JPG
>>101897516
You need at least 18 months to survive or at the immediate you need to survive winter and the start of the year when most companies hunker down there profits during holiday season and then reopen hiring during summer. So 6 months is the minimum.

You can better prepare with having dried goods and cleaning supplies that will last you a whole year and you often get it at a cheaper price when you buy in bulk or bulk buy when its on sale I find having stuff stocked away makes it easier to do month to bills since I am only buying veggies and meats at the grocery store instead of random assortments of household goods.
>>
File: 19348790731.png (39 KB, 901x266)
39 KB
39 KB PNG
>>101897567
man what's going on with Cisco
>>
File: troon2.png (236 KB, 640x483)
236 KB
236 KB PNG
>>101897567
>'women' in tech
>>
>>101897657
Getting deported to India you will see more openings in pajeet land and shittier hardware/software updates in the coming years.

Everyone else is switching to Arista, Juniper and foreign countries are switching to Extreme Networks. God do I hope we have a VOIP replacement from either of them because there shit sucks.
>>
File: 1693098030471292.jpg (75 KB, 900x904)
75 KB
75 KB JPG
>>101897657
Cisco is, was and always will be a meme company.
>>
>>101897697
I work there AMA.
>>
File: 1717194810822218.webm (2.95 MB, 1080x960)
2.95 MB
2.95 MB WEBM
>>101897567
Women in the world of Tech!
>>
>>101897738
which areas got laid off the most?
>>
>>101897741
Women are so cute and funny :3
>>
>>101891838
>what thing we talked about
I'm in the same boat, I just want to coast damnit
>>
>>101897758
idk I pretty much always leave at 4:00.
>>
>>101897776
We should let dogs vote too since they're so cute and funny.
>>
I don't want to work hard or get a job I just want to chill at home and go on bike rides. Is that too much to ask for?
>>
>>101897595
This, companies aren't even gonna start hiring until after Q1 2025. My whole career I've never seen it this bad.

Cold outreach dropped to zero, and I've been in the industry for more than a decade. Nobody is hiring right now, the entire industry is frozen outside of FAANG.
>>
>>101897595
Stop paying rent and move into your car preemptively is a better move.
>>
>>101897923
FAANvidiaG is straight up cutting down anything that does not make a profit. No one is investing in products that do not make a profit anymore. This is because you can no longer leverage cheap debt to turn a profit.

Streaming sites are consolidating again, cable companies are reinvesting into there exiting networks instead of expanding, power companies are going broke with non paying customers, restaurants, and grocery stores are consolidating hard if there lucky not to be the ones closing. Everyone you or I know that is shit with money is now eye balls up to debt on more credit card debt, BNPL, private loans, refinancing, and taking tons of money out of there 401k. Everyone is buying generic products and luxury goods w resellers have dropped like a rock because who really needs it. Cooking youtubers are going to be the biggest players on the website since no one will go out to eat anymore I promise you it will happen.
>>
>>101897567
how do i get a developer job?
i know how to engineer and program.
>>
>>101898064
We should wish godspeed to the Japanese carry traders who are backstopping tech. The pain is really gonna be felt when it collapses again.
>>
File: 6jt3v0.jpg (96 KB, 500x625)
96 KB
96 KB JPG
>be me
>senior software engineer at comfy job
>2 years in, everything's great
>boss is chill, team is awesome, projects are fun
>one day, hear new CTO is coming in
>ok.jpg
>fast forward a year
>new CTO is swaggering around, acting like he owns the place
>"let's introduce Agile processes"
>"why don't we try microservices?"
>team goes from chill to stressed overnight
>daily stand-ups, weekly retrospectives, sprint planning
>nobody knows what they're doing anymore
>CTO wants metrics for everything
>"we need to optimize productivity!"
>everyone spends more time in meetings than coding
>projects start slipping, bugs everywhere
>morale plummets, team starts leaving one by one
>new hires are just as miserable
>CTO still strutting around like he's saving the company
>talking about the work you're doing is more important than the work you're doing

the worst part is, we're a 501(c)3 non-profit research lab at the center of the cable industry. our entire gimmick is coming up with new IP and rapid prototypes for our member companies to use. CTO has mostly eliminated innovation practices in favor of high resolution micromanagement pseudo-agile workflows. i'm so lost.

why are CTOs like this? at least other C level people's jobs are mostly opaque to everyone else in the company. CTOs always seem to be so boisterous and flamboyant, like they've got a never ending need to prove themselves and justify their position.

feelsbadman
>>
>>101898176
bot?
>>
>>101898221
you've never reposted a greentext several threads later hoping for engagement because you're a lonely NEET and crave online social interaction? cmon man leave me alone
>>
>>101898176
Peter principle
>>
My job is eroding my soul all I do in my free time is consume brainrot I feel no motivation or joy doing any of the things I used to enjoy
>>
>>101898312
hi anon. put your phone on airplane mode during work hours.
once work is done, do something physical. gym, biking, just a walk will do.
~1month until you're feeling normal again.

t. former dopamine addict.
>>
i have no hope, they will never check my application and then hire me
time to look for another career path
>>
Started a new job a few weeks ago and it seems that my entire role is just patch management. I want to be good at this job so I can coast here while I earn more certs, can anyone lend any advice to me? I've never done it before. I'm using WSUS for patching windows servers.
>>
>>101898446
Your making the HR roasties wet with that comment. They want men with jobs to move to there company not unemployed losers. They want a man willing to dump the company on whim. They want a man that wants the status of the job not because there broke.
>>
>>101898176
nigga do you work ar Docsys or MPEG?
CTOs most places don't actually do much, it's fucking boomer ass architects that ruin everything imo.

These old fuckers talk to one AWS rep about "poop-micro-graph-container" and suddenly everything needs to follow that pattern.
>>
>>101898622
My boss at my old job wanted to use microservices because his experience with monolithic applications is that they often turned into spaghetti code. This was just for a simple CRUD app. If you can't get your shit together for one CRUD app in one application, your chances of wrangling a host of microservices is zero.
>>
File: 1710642064170802.png (2.48 MB, 2000x1000)
2.48 MB
2.48 MB PNG
>look professional
>be on time
>don't criticize
>don't be a sourpuss
>eye contact
>firm handshake
>"I want this job."
That was easy.
>>
File: 1705257962520452.png (1.04 MB, 924x827)
1.04 MB
1.04 MB PNG
Reminder that it's good to be a millennial.
>>
>>101898703
what is your current pay
>>
There's just nothing worse than working with jeets
>>
>>101898733
$103,083 per year
>>
My father recited a story the other day I've never heard before, usually he barfs out the same few ones repeatedly. The story goes that Florida passed a technology grant for schools in the early 90s, so apple set up a booth at some sort of event, the night before my father and his colleagues go on a bar crawl and get blackout drunk, unwittingly hiring most of a strip club to come work said booth the next day, resulting in the Apple booth being quite popular. For time reference my father was only at apple after a deployment in the gulf war and left for Ingersol Rand by '93. If there are photos of this I definitely want to see them.
>>
>>101897567
how do I get a job, I graduated with a CS degree two years ago but never applied anywhere because I was depressed. I don't care about pay or long hours or any of that, I hate being a NEET and will work for literal min wage as long as they don't mind my resume gap and lack of experience
>>
File: 1532129845850.jpg (62 KB, 617x1018)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>101898312
Make a list of habits you'd like to have vs the ones you do. Take the habit you think would have the most impact on helping you and cultivate it in weekly increments while phasing one out from the negative list.

Once you start to feel the sense of joy that comes from delayed gratification you'll be actively repulsed by doomscrolling and geeking out.
>>
File: 1723475932262764.gif (1.15 MB, 480x268)
1.15 MB
1.15 MB GIF
>>101899005
NEET forever now. You had a shot 2 years ago. The Tendies call for you.
>>
ok I give up. Now how do I survive? my junior tier experience is worth jackshit.
>too ugly and hairy for onlyfans
>too weak and constantly ill for trades
>zero network because I've moved cities 4 times in 4 years
>almost no friends, I stopped talking to most of them
>no family
>>101899005
what if all of us desperate losers come together and start a co-op or something
>>
>>101899057
>what if all of us desperate losers come together and start a co-op or something
my plan so far is to pretend I have a 9-5 and just contribute to FOSS projects until someone notices me and offers me a job but idk what else to try
>>
>>101898720
all millennials need to die for ruining every old house in my town with their shitty home depot house flipping
>>
>>101899352
I live in an old 1950s house myself, for about five years now. I want to move but it just doesn't make sense considering what's happened to the housing market and mortgage interest rates since then.
>>
>>101897676
jfc I cant believe this is real. This man needs serious and I mean SERIOUS help. 2020s are warping mens minds like a parasitic worm.
>>
>>101897776
I might still have the joe biden vocaroo of that lol e copypasta
>>
>>101899668
He probably sexually harassed a coworker, then transitioned and left the company to cover his ass. Happens way more then you can think and I am willing to believe Canada and its stupid laws would've made it alot harder to prosecute.
>>
>>101897905
Produce or die
>>
>>101899687
Nope, but I found some good ones from Jan 30th, 2023

https://voca.ro/14AHWDLBJ709
https://voca.ro/18eJAfb7JaYb
https://voca.ro/11ZT705d93Zy
https://voca.ro/1g8QdaQXsr3I
>>
>>101898335
> dopamine addict
meaningless term made up by shitty productivity podcasts
>>
>>101900232
Correct. Dopamine itself isn't the cause of addiction. It's a neurotransmitter that helps regulate pleasure and reward, but addiction involves complex brain processes beyond just dopamine.
>>
>>101897567
Hey OP, I do frontend and backend work for a local company. Been doing it for a year but want to pivot to cloud engineer type roles like Site Reliability Engineer or DevOps.

Should I just start making projects in Go and Python 3?

Asking since I mostly use Typescript / NextJS / React / C# at work.

The work is ok but it feels a bit soulless to be honest. As time goes on, I realize I am more of a project/ deployment kind of guy. Thanks.
>>
>>101899019
This this this. I use notes on my phone synced with an HDD on my computer via Syncthing.

Making separate list files, and getting shit done or cancelling it whenever you think it's gone too far is far more gratifying.

However, it is ok to do nothing sometimes. Modern life blows, it's a balance.
>>
>>101897657
>cisco
overpriced shitty products. the new firewall they released a couple years ago was the writing on the wall. an overpriced, underperforming frankenstein monster of asa, snort and ucs/nexus technologies.
>>
File: 1722928644762213.jpg (451 KB, 1600x1067)
451 KB
451 KB JPG
>>101900766
The only good thing they got is Cisco Press and there certifications. At this point I need juniper to step up on that side so everyone switches to something that actually works without shitting the bed every generation with some odd ball issues.
>>
do you guys gets your high as well from anti gen z posts on cuckbook and twitter? do you actively disdain and make fun of gen z and younger coworkers in your office?
>>
>>101897741
I will the take the happy go lucky grill on the right than the moody guy on the left. Sometimes people are happy just to get some money doing mediocre shit and try to always leave early for fun times.
>>
>>101899019
>a list of habits you'd like to have vs the ones you do.
There are none, I'm happy with my habits. I just don't have a single thing to live for.
>>
>>101897738
how many backdoors have you implemented?
>>
>>101899019
>be actively repulsed by doomscrolling and geeking out.
doomscrolling is bad. i quit IG long time ago and this year i'm gonna uninstall linkedin from my phone

but geeking out? no no no. that's one of the best excitement a man can have. nothing wrong being excited over things that normgroids find trivial. (things that aren't money, job, social status, and sex life)
>>
starting an embedded job soon
any tips on porting llvm to obscure abandoned architectures so I can convince them to move to rust or zig
>>
>>101901192
lol
>>
Been at this job for a little over 2 years, but starting to feel like the vibes are off. I got hired on with 3 other people. 2 of them where nepo hires, the other idk how tf she got the job.

I've learned a lot of the parts of the system and can handle a lot of work on my own, but I still feel like since the other people got hired with me and do pretty mediocre work there's this shitty halo effect going on where I'm associated with them.

Also, because the team I'm on is objectively worse I feel like I have that working against me. I have to do a lot of parts of projects on my own, but it's tied to them doing their shit correctly and on time.

I love the job, chill at times, WFH, but I want to break the shackles of associated mediocrity from these retards on my team and new hire counterparts. What do?
>>
>>101901326
people job hop after 2 years anyway

unless it's a team of very likeminded individuals you can poke fun everyday, and treat like a dearest friend
>>
>>101900937
do you have siblings? hang out with them more. schedule biweekly trips to wherever
>>
>>101901326
>I have to do a lot of parts of projects on my own, but it's tied to them doing their shit correctly and on time
FWIW that's most jobs. Your leadership will press you on dates when it's someone else plainly blocking, and the expectation is that you do some kind of lateral management to squeeze some value out of your retarded peers when you obviously don't have any real power to motivate them. I've seen it even in healthy environments with smart people, so I don't know if this is some kind of management meme people learn from books or what. I wish things were more... militaristic?
>>
>>101901446
People in the military slacks off even more lole
>>
>>101901189
I possibly have the terminology wrong as oldfag; definitely agree that being excited by hobbies is a good thing.

>>101900937
>all I do in my free time is consume brainrot

Not even that one?
>>
>>101901587
perhaps you were thinking of potheads? people who smoke weed, drink alcohol, and take drugs?
>>
>>101898176
he needs to justify his appointment, leave his mark, reshape the company to his vision. It just happens he is mediocre with a shitty vision, probably nepo, Many such cases. Just continue collecting paychecks
>>
>>101901326
change teams
>>
>>101898176
bro u posted so much about ur research lab. like every other day. you also said they are doing layoffs even though the compnay makes $300m profit yearly. whats the deal man
>>
>>101897741
the women forgot to include chad pumping and dumping her
>>
[microservices]

Now that the dust has settled what's the verdict on microservices? All the pros I can list are in the meta category, like job security and low expectations, endless opportunities to bikeshed meaningless minutia.
On the tech front I still fail to see how they make sense, tooling is getting better but they solve problems which are non existent when not doing pants on head microservices. Consider you need to manage 500 microservices. You can rent a run of the mill machine right now off AWS with 24TB memory and 500 CPU. That's 48GB memory and a dedicated CPU for each one of the services and you don't have to deal with network calls in s2s communication and largely disregard distributed problems people oh so love to talk about. This will only improve in the future as well. Yes, you can absolutely deploy and scale services individually without packing them in docker containers and running them on k8s wtf that is elementary.
That said, I like a comfy $$$ job so microservices all the way baby, but sometimes it is hard to pretend to be braindead
>>
>>101902114
You don't want someone to talk about your day with?
>>
>>101902243
- these days, people would rather pay edge computing startup costs than keep an instance running 24/7
- unironically people can't into multiprocessing and shared resources so they'd rather just give everything its own copy of the resource
>>
>>101902243
The reality is all solutions suck. Microservices are shit but monolithic shit is certainly no better. The real issue is retards who identify with a fucking architecture pattern and don't understand that which is more appropriate depends on the situation
>>
i'm graduating in november

is it fine to apply for jobs/internship using my campus email? it links directly to my outlook and i can see everything clearly. no cluttered ads and promotions from apps/websites i signed up with my gmail.
>>
>>101902307
somewhat agree. All computing sucks, but the interesting part is the devil in the details and fact of the matter microservices just suck 99.9999% of the time. If microservices are the solution, what is your problem?
>>
>>101902449
no, even if you don't lose access use gmail/linkedin like a sane person, that is what expected. Set up mail forwarding if you wish but please use a HR friendly handle for contacts my.name.dob@gmail.com or something like that
>>
its so fucking over for me bros (and other mortals)

>balkans
>supposed to be cheap and poor, right?
>extremely expensive new building pop up everywhere
>want to buy an apartment
>they started building it like a month ago, still a year and a half ago
>"sorry anon, all the apartments are sold out"

THE BUILDING DIDN'T EVEN GO ABOVE THE GROUND YET WHO KEEPS BUYING OUT EVERY SINGLE CONDO IN A BUILDING AS SOON AS IT GOES TO MARKET

BEHEAD PEOPLE WHO USE HOUSING AS AN INVESTMENT
>>
File: 1587971475352.png (1.21 MB, 1024x768)
1.21 MB
1.21 MB PNG
>>101902954
Look at Mexico also. Whole industries are moving out of China back to Mexico and house prices are almost $300k in most metro areas.

Face it remote work, youtubers, scammers, bitcoin and forex traders have essentially flatlined prices across most of the US states and will do so in other countries. Inflation is also hitting most countries at the same time.
>>
File: 1717396310043.png (957 KB, 1080x2036)
957 KB
957 KB PNG
>>101902243
>>
File: IMG_5105.jpg (266 KB, 1536x2048)
266 KB
266 KB JPG
So are LLMs gonna replace junior devs or no?
>>
Why do recruiters on Indeed "want to talk to me" about roles I'm clearly unqualified for?
>>
>>101901326
>I want to break the shackles of associated mediocrity from these retards on my team
This has been my entire 5 year career.
I just have not worked at high paying companies, so I guess the medium+ and lower paying companies just get trash. Most software developers I met have been pretty trash or just plain mediocre.

Hoping to get into a high paying American company now, hopefully their high pay have atteacted some actually skilled workers.
I know these people exists, since I did an internship at one of the best European research institutes and literally everyone there were at minimum good/competent and most were smart and good workers that I would look up to.
>>
>>101902954
I've been saying this for a while - there are A LOT of people out there who quietly have a bunch of money stacked up. If you only listen to doomerposting then you'll always be shocked that they are still buying stuff. The goal is to not assume everyone is as equally fucked as you, the goal is to win. If the system didn't work for ANYONE then it really would be replaced. It's working for people just not for you.
>>
>>101898720
I hate fat people so much
>>
File: 1722881228540192.jpg (72 KB, 720x1052)
72 KB
72 KB JPG
>>101903138
Sometimes all you need is one thing to be qualified for, for reference I have seen tons of people being hired on the premise of one line on there resume. The recruiters also get paid per head so its entirely commission based for most of there actual income.
>>
Anyone know of a good way to scrape Microsoft Teams chat logs locally to your computer? I have to look through years of chat history on a monthly basis and Microsoft team's search functionality blows.
>>
File: 1449.jpg (1.94 MB, 2000x1253)
1.94 MB
1.94 MB JPG
>>101897567
>master's in CS
>45k
>>
>>101903340
Develop a bot using Teams' API.
If you can't with the API then use Selenium
>>
>>101902504
Alright. My gmail is my firstname lastname two numbers.
I have 3 gmails, that one is somewhat reserved for just useful things like linkedin, github.
>>
>>101897676
That's a shoop, right? No way this norwood 9000 mf regrew all that hair
>>
File: 1664886200471889.jpg (47 KB, 555x563)
47 KB
47 KB JPG
>be me
>was NEET for 5+ years
>start vocational school for webdev
>do internship at small company for 4 months as part of my education
>get probationary employment with shit pay
>start slacking
>notice I can get away with it
>sit at home and code an hour or two a day, sometimes sleeping a whole day if I feel like it. doing nothing
its pretty comfy but I think they just kept me around during the summer when all other employees were on vacation. They are going to realize my abundance and my lack of work.
should I be worried bros?
>>
>>101897738
Are national or international glowies easier to work with?
>>
File: 1722506460094804.jpg (111 KB, 1023x1024)
111 KB
111 KB JPG
>>101898176
>Senior
>2 years in
>>
File: appleshit.jpg (82 KB, 585x608)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
>>101897595
>>101897657
>>101897692
>>101897738
>>101897758
>>
>>101897738
Kyle?
>>
>>101903568
What is the *
>>
>>101902954
Probably foreign money. Also probably the same people who even paid for the construction.
>>
File: 49298483.png (23 KB, 870x147)
23 KB
23 KB PNG
>>101903625
Trannies.
>>
>>101903568
Haven't there already been several successful, high-profile lawsuits against this kind of thing? Why would they still try to do this?
>>
>>101902954
why don't you build your own? Why don't you become a real estate magnate? Why don't you invest in REITs?
>nooo, I wfh for some useless IT corpo making the world a worse place for everyone why can't I have nice things
>>
>>101903711
Because its tax advantaged and ESG scores matter for black rock investments.

If you are fired for that reason then you have a lawsuit.
>>
>>101903052
quantum computers are back to be the thing to be worried about, AI is going for a slumber once again, no one wants that glorified loligenerator associated with the product / service they buy
>>
>>101903724
I'll get right on that, lend me half a mill
>>
>>101903048
believable and absolutely mindboggling. Then the right sizing crew jumps in and downsizes your instances because we need to save on AWS
>>
File: 1723607971022395.webm (1.02 MB, 216x240)
1.02 MB
1.02 MB WEBM
>>101903751
Only real innovation that they did not capitalize on was advanced designs for manufacturing. I would've went ham on that and educational tools like the way chat GPT did.

The art stuff is already getting sued for copyright infringement and its not even that good.
>>
>>101903138
competency crisis. Double so, because it also affects recruiters who were not the sharpest to begin with. They don't care, just want throw resumes over the fence in the hope some will stick. Hiring is still a numbers game, so they are not entirely wrong
>>
>>101903748
Why would you need to be fired to have a lawsuit in this case? It's already illegal. What they're doing is really no different than if I started a store with a big sign that said "no niggers allowed" out front.
>>
>>101902243
There are companies out there that need to handle. 100 or more requests per second to certain APIs. You’re gonna want more than 1 core for that kind of load. Not just that, but if you have a SQL database behind it, there’s an upper limit to how high you can scale that machine, and most SQL DBs can’t have more than 1 writeable replica, so this can quickly become a bottleneck. Aside from scale, there are also several practical reasons but yes, it doesn’t make sense for everything
>>
>>101903846
It wouldn't even be a thing if we just let high schools fail kids. The other half the retards just quit college entirely and that is still not enough when college is wayyyy to easy now.

>>101903863
That image is probably an educational grant with the hopes of hiring. It is nothing new and has been around for ages. Your best bet is applying anyways then getting your lawsuit. Same goes for scholarships they wont test your genetics so fuckem and have them pay you or there sexist racist bigots.
>>
>>101903754
you can get that half mill with 1:5 leverage from your friendly local banking jew. In fact, you and/or your family should have already done that when it was 50k. Keep crying when it climbes to 200k though
>>
>>101903568
I don't care.
>>
>>101903894
I don't live in muttistan
>>
>>101897567
Guys i fucked up big time, I cornered myself into being an Elasticsearch expert (build and admin clusters) and i'm getting laid off. i see almost no company hiring for this role. it's over for me, I'll probably drive uber. let that be a lesson for you
>>
>>101903985
Don't you have an entirely unmodified resume that you can spam out everywhere where companies can see if there is any carry over? Surely you have more skills than just that right?
>>
>>101903869
>100 or more requests per second to certain APIs.
a decade old phone can handle that though probably.
This was just an example you can buy as random joe from aws, I don't even know the current day limits with big irons. Obviously, you can have multiple DBs backing a single app. Most of the positive things people say about microservices is basically SOA
>>
>>101903568
I (white guy) got my start in big tech by joining some diversity program back in 2014. When I got the offer I thought it was really weird but obviously didn't complain about it since my alternative was no offer at all. When I met the other people in the program it was like 80% white dudes and 20% white chicks. To this day I don't know what the fuck happened. It was like they created the program before verifying they had non-whites in the hiring pipeline
>>
>>101903998
I've tried but most companies don't give a shit. "oh so you have some aws experience too? sorry we are looking for an aws expert" now replace aws for the rest of shit like terraform and kubernetes
>>
>>101903934
I'm in the balkan bro we have 20% downpayment, 10% in some cases. You just need to bite the bullet
>>
File: jeeated.jpg (232 KB, 766x1123)
232 KB
232 KB JPG
Finally some good LI content.
CTO regales us of the time he got Jeeated.

One of them pulled ol' switch-a-roo of one of the rare competent jeets interviewing for a role, only to switch out for an incomprehensible incompetent bobble head.
>>
>>101897567
> Team from another country is obsessed with using Yoda Conditions in every single conditional statement
> Literally 'CONSTANT > some_changing_var' everywhere
What the fuck is wrong with these retarded cunts? How the fuck do I put a stop to this nonsense?
>>
>nigger so desperate to prove himself
>nigger so keen to code quality
>nigger essentially writes his own version of pytorch and forces team to use it because he's senior
>turns out it's essentially wrapped pytorch with more useless abstraction that no one finds useful
>now team slow down because before you implement a paper you need to go through his nigger abstraction
any solution other than quitting?
>>
>>101904438
Only retards get obsessed with things like that. Just do it so you can minimize your interactions with them.
>>
>>101904494
Is he your TL or some shit like that? If so, nothing to do but ditch the team. If he's not formally your leader then just ignore his wrapper
>>
>>101904509
>Only retards get obsessed with things like that
The logic of entire source files is flipped. The cognitive load is increased by magnitudes
>>
>>101904438
>How the fuck do I put a stop to this nonsense?
Tell him to fuck off?
>>
>>101904530
not team lead, no.
yeah I might just ignore him and start building my wall as well
>>
>>101902954
Has your country been absolutely flooded with a torrent of jeets yet (like canada)? If not, then thank your lucky stars... It could always be worse.
>>
>>101904557
You don't have to convince me - you'd have to convince them. And I'm telling you those creatures aren't on a cognitive level to appreciate your arguments
>>
>>101903453
how old are you? imagine pushing 30 and still have shit work ethic

at least learn something
>>
File: 1687661896856482.jpg (45 KB, 640x640)
45 KB
45 KB JPG
>periodic health checkup
>measure height
>1 cm shorter than last time
>>
>>101901192
>so I can convince them to move to rust or zig
If this isn't just bait, kys.
>>
>>101904438
wow, you are not just a noob, but proud as well, should you r/midwits. Yoda conditions are superior, your taste does not matter good sir
>>
File: GunNietzsche.png (1.36 MB, 1568x1200)
1.36 MB
1.36 MB PNG
they woke me up early today to be on call. I hate being up early. I'm billing double time.
>>
>>101897905
> I dont want to work hard
fine by me, just dont complain about being broke
>>
>>101897567
Why tf do people push for AI to do the grunt work when they could get the AI to help build the code to run the grunt work. Idk why people blindly trust the magic box when they could build the tooling. Imagine if openai raise the cost of their models? But nah it works and the principal dev incharge is treating it as his child so it's out of my jr dev hands. At least I'm not working on it.
>>
2 years later and it just hit me that my last employer already planned to lay me off way before the actual day. It took them 6 months to find someone but those fuckers were patient. I really should have started job hunting when they started isolating me and virtually refusing to give me any work. It was like pulling teeth to get anything out of them.
>>
What are some decent lines to kiss ass about a company you're working that?
My annual salary review is coming up and though I'm grateful as hell for this job I don't know how to express it in that cheery Cheshire cat-smiling LinkedIn-lingo HR way
>>
>>101905840
Way too late and never in your control. You will be lucky to get 2-3% but most people get 1.5%
>>
>>101902449
No, use cock.li to apply for jobs.
>>
How the fuck do you figure out who's actually hiring?
All the postings I'm seeing are from the exact same companies that I saw the last time I was looking for a job
>>
>>101905817
>I really should have started job hunting when they started isolating me

job hunt starts on the first day ABL

>>101905840
only decent is a counteroffer if they are willing to do it

>>101906137
>company begs me for weeks to give them attention
>as soon as I agree they ghost me

beats me
>>
anyone had luck relocating to either singapore or hong kong?
>>
Today is the best day ever.
My boss is quitting. I've posted about her in these threads before.
They're throwing her a surprise party and I'm leaving early.
I feel like Michael Scott when it's Toby's last day.
>>
>>101906215
On me for not constantly looking. The only positive I can say is the guy they replaced me with they had to pay for relocation, he then went full remote a year later when they didn't want to give that to me, and now they're losing him or already lost him as of a few months ago. I know they probably wasted a good $350k on the joker, too. All because they thought he would bring in more value.
>>
File: 1620009613306.png (115 KB, 319x306)
115 KB
115 KB PNG
>>101906137
Anon, no one is actually hiring
>>
I am a U.S. person.
>>
File: 1723735011743.jpg (96 KB, 1124x947)
96 KB
96 KB JPG
I hate use my work provided shitpad
>>
>>101906618
Dock it and use a keyboard and mouse of your choice? Or are you one of those savages that docks it but continues to only use the laptop's keyboard, trackpad, and monitor while using the other larger monitor as auxiliary?
>>
is it safe to install webex for work on my phone or does it spy on me
>>
>>101906672
After my last job, I refuse to install any work related shit on my personal phone. I'm getting a dedicated work phone for that shit and it'll be turned off promptly at 5:30pm.
>>
File: some loser.png (153 KB, 616x1412)
153 KB
153 KB PNG
>>101904367
I'm trolling a scammer right now who says they will buy me a MacBook after hiring me and that I get to keep the change. These things are really hot topics with the turd worlders.
>>
>>101900550
Bump
>>
>>101906695
Just end the conversation with Do the needful 50 times
>>
>>101906734
>>101906967
Meant for this one
>>
Are levels.fyi or linked in salaries generally more accurate? The linked in salaries attached to job postings seem to be way lower than what people say they get on levels.fyi for the same title in the same city.
>>
>>101903453
Yes, you should be worried. Some boastful pricks on here stated they did that two years ago. Tried it with my first dev job and got fired 6 months in.

You have to show initiative, Anon, otherwise you will get fired.

Getting lucky to get into dev the first time is one thing. Doing it the second time is another, and more painful process.

Keep your same job and apply elsewhere.
>>
Another day job hunting. Another day throwing a Hail Mary. When will this ever end?
>>
>>101897741
women are kinda like dogs so im not offended by seeing them play in dog parks the other guy just needs to read a book
>>
>>101907108
>the other guy just needs to read a book
Any recs?
>>
>5 people on call
>product owner, project lead, project manager (dont ask me the difference)
>client
>and me, the only developer

the only thing that the product owner and PM do is, I shit you not, create Zoom calls and copy paste AI generated meeting notes into emails
I create my own tasks, have to do frontend/backend/DBs, talk with the client, adjust mocks with the designer, set meetings, write up updates etc.
I assume those 2 dipshits are there only because they know the boss personally
all this while working in some dogshit proprietary tech and old as fuck .NET standards

holy fucking shit if the market wasnt this bad Id be running for the hills, when THE FUCK are interest rates going to be low again?
>>
>>101907291
what do you need the money for? i'd leave anyway and a chill for a while if I were you
>>
>>101907179
house of leaves
>>
>>101897567
wfh digital nomads,

did you ask your manager if it'd be a problem working from country X or Y?

my company is already spread out around the work. I'm just not sure if I should ask for permission in case I get a "no, wtf dude"

I don't think it matters as long as I have internet
>>
>>101907081
Idk brother. I'm tired myself. I did get myself an interview, but I have very little experience and I'm sure I'm gonna fail.
>>
>>101907016
If levels is still anonymous then I'd trust that more. I'd be more hesitant about saying "Yeah, I make a shitload of money" on LinkedIn than anonymously
>>
>>101907355
thanks
>>
>>101906967
I will if they respond again
>>
>>101907507
I have 6-7 years of experience and I'm getting nothing. The last 2 years of unemployment is aggressively filtering me out.
>>
>>101907666
>he doesn't lie on his resume
The company you're applying to is lying on the job listing, why would you not lie on your resume?
>>
>>101907666
>last 2 years of unemployment is aggressively filtering me
fuck I'm so glad I got a 3 year streak at my previous company. Im sure my current company didn't even ask for references because of it.

It was very difficult to find work before that because I quite my previous previous job. Ended up unemployed for 1.5 years.

Goodluck bro. Get those project online to help your portfolio
>>
>>101907666
Have you tried reaching out to past coworkers who liked working with you? Even if you haven’t spoken to them in years it might be worth a shot asking if they can refer you, worst that happens is they ignore you or say no. And if they do that they’re worthless to you anyways so who cares?
>>
>>101907348
honestly im afraid to leave due to the state of the market
I could coast for a while, but its a risk
>>
>>101907543
NTA but if you actually read House of Leaves you'll want a physical copy
>>
>>101901326
I work in cybersec and both my coworkers AND clients have no clue about anything at all. my coworkers don't know what a diff file is, how vulnerabilities happen or anything at all. other teams are even worse...
big companies are a mess. a few people are good, the rest are useless

>>101903340
>Microsoft team's search functionality blows.
>>
>>101907514
I'm not talking about people on LinkedIn saying their salary, I mean the listed salary in the job postings.
>>
>>101907016
>>101907954
>The linked in salaries attached to job postings seem to be way lower than what people say they get on levels.fyi for the same title in the same city.
companies are taking advantage of the shit market to lower salaries
>>
>>101897741
Whatever the fuck she's doing costs tons of money and a shitload of paid time off.
Being in tech will not allow you to live the lifestyle on the right unless you're digital nomading with 3 t-shirts and one pair of pants in east Asia and eastern Europe while "working" for some crummy startup with a random JS stack. At least until your visa expires or the currency exchange rate hits you back.
>>
>>101903512
One can be a senior due to experience in multiple companies, you know.
>>
>>101908034
>Whatever the fuck she's doing costs tons of money
she's spending all her wage traveling
she's hoping she'll marry a rich guy some day, probably
>>
File: 98734590345.png (322 KB, 681x496)
322 KB
322 KB PNG
>hey anon, you're pretty easy to work with, would you be okay helping with our customer support inbox

Nope, not even if you paid me 2x what I earn now.
>>
>>101908104
inb4 PIPed for not being a team player
>>
>>101903361
HAHAHA fuck you. I mean I'm sorry you fell for the meme but I experience a vital thrill of schadenfreude every time a degreelet is miserable, because I was always gaslit and hated and mocked for my refusal to fall for the meme, and actually learn skills, and now I make three times what you make.

You should check out some online courses.

>>101908034
unlimited PTO is baseline, chuddy

>>101908066
NTA, and you're right, obviously, but also, my current job is my first salaried one and I'm a Senior. Technically I was a CTO before this while simultaneously stocking shelves at Target and before that I was homeless. Titles are whatever
>>
File: 923759281375.png (1.83 MB, 1540x940)
1.83 MB
1.83 MB PNG
>>101908116
they are the kind of people that would try to do something like that.
>>
>>101907291
I have learned in the last few months that having more managers just means you get more opportunities to slack off more. When 1 of the managers asks you to do something you bring up a point that will "need" to involve one of the other managers. Due to their nature they will involve several other managers, meaning they won't actually get back to you for the rest of the day. If they start complaining about deadlines you have evidence that they had no clue what you were supposed to do, therefore you couldn't possibly meet it. They will hate you and be pissy but there is absolutely nothing they can do to you because you're correct. Yeah, it isn't great for getting work done, but fuck 'em. They chose to hire a bunch of ass kissers instead of strong men to do good work.
>>
>>101908163
>pic
your company's drains are crunchy and dry – smooth them out with kitchen oil

>>101908180
the toughest thing about getting a "real" tech job after being solo has been forcing myself into the mindset of Following Processes rather than Solving Problems. they're paying you to follow processes, that's what they want
>>
fuck, my boss who hasn't talked to me in a year suddenly sent me a message. I'm scared. He never sends me all this small talk shit unless he has some hidden agenda.
>>
>are you currently interviewing with any other companies
Do you just lie and say yes with several?
>>
I don't know what I like and I might be depressed, but I tell you what. I sure as hell don't like talking to my coworkers. Every interaction is just a reminder that I'm turbo autistic.
>>
>>101908325
Sounds like a solid start to your apophatic journey
>>
>>101908180
Makes sense. I guess I'm frustrated that I went from being a on a well oiled machine of a team that developed new features every milestone to being some shitty codemonkey that has to handle girlboss managers. The funniest thing is that I only really exist here to make THEM look good. It makes me want to quit out of spite.
>>101908208
>forcing myself into the mindset of Following Processes rather than Solving Problems
I never thought about it this way, it makes so much sense
I guess all these people want is to circlejerk each other and praise about how much "great work" theyre doing
>>
I see a bunch of websites for finding remote work advertised on the internet, do you goys know any legit ones? any goys hired through one of those?
>>
>>101908435
I’ve been using only LinkedIn and most of the job posting leads you to apply on the company site. So I would say they are legit as far as actual job listing goes. But whether or not the company is really hiring is another thing…
>>
Just got my first offer for an entry level position and am also informed that there is a drug screening. I smoke every day so I am pretty boned. No details on when I can take the test but it will most likely be two weeks from now so... is it over? Anyone have any tips?
>>
I lost my job on November 23rd and have my first interview tomorrow at 10 AM for a related role in the software engineering industry.

Should I admit to the recruiter that I've been unemployed since then? I have a close friend who owns a software development firm, and I could potentially claim to be employed there on a contract basis (he'd be okay to give me the reference as such—we go way back). Should I claim I'm currently employed with him or admit to the large gap?
>>
>>101907371
you absolutely need to ask because it can have wide ranging effects if it's a normal day job e.g. taxation, insurance

>>101907693
it's expected. If you can't lie on your resume, you are not useful to your liege

>>101908428
they don't even care about processes but power. Lording over nerds who are way smarter than you but lack skills/motiviation/sociopathy to reverse the status quo is a special high
>>
>>101908645
just bring someone else piss like a true olympian no biggie
>>
>>101908702
you are a stealth startup CTO on your sabbatical year
>>
>>101908702
>I could potentially claim to be employed there on a contract basis
that other retard didn't read your post in full, definitely just say you've been working with that company
I did the same thing and before doing that I just made up a company, never got caught for it
>>
>>101903052
I thought that was a dogs butthole with some poop sticking out.
>>
>>101908991
stop giving bad advice to him, my uncle went to jail for that
>>
>>101909029
leave the poor guy be anon, it's hard enough being in this market but to stay innocent like that when hordes of indians that have no problem making shit up is just a death sentence
normal humans don't push lies too far, they stay within tech they're confident with, a human being lying vs an indian lying is a whole different ball game
>>
>>101908702
I mean, if you can say you've been working, then do so, don't admit to unemployment.
no idea how background checks work in the US but as long as they don't ask you for papers on that you should be OK, I guess? maybe ask >>>/adv/ about this
>>
>>101908894
>wide ranging effects if it's a normal day job e.g. taxation, insurance
does your answer change if its only a 4 week trip, and other colleagues work from the Caribbean, Europe, and South Korea?
>>
>>101908645
Go to a smoke shop and buy one of those "piss play" fake dicks. That's what they're there for.
>>
File: Abe-LincolnColor.jpg (97 KB, 800x928)
97 KB
97 KB JPG
>>101903568
We should've sent them back. I told you.
>>
>>101908645
kek druggies BTFO
>>
>>101908428
>I guess all these people want is to circlejerk each other and praise about how much "great work" theyre doing

>>101908894
>they don't even care about processes but power.
>lording it over nerds

There are a couple different types involved. Processes are a safe path in the modern organization where responsibility is diffuse, always diffuse, to avoid culpability. You should both read The Gervais Principle for free online
>>
>>101909395
>>101908645
Anon is right, this saved my ass on my last promotion. The interviewer legit could not tell the difference, the skin tone matched and everything
>>
>>101907693
Already do and have explanations and a reference ready.

>>101907754
My projects are online but recruiters and hiring managers are clearly ignoring it. It's driving me nuts. I also have 3 years from my previous company so I'm not worried about that. All I can do is keep trying.

>>101907814
I would if there was anything to gain but there's nothing. They're still at the same company I got laid off from or the company they're at is not hiring at all.
>>
>>101898482
If you were to apply for another job, someone might ask you the following questions. Make it your personal goal to say yes to at least 7 of them.

Do you package anything custom for these servers?
Do you administer vSphere (or equivalent) at an intimate level?
Do you have any responsibilities related to Disaster Recovery?
Do you deal with capacity planning or load balancing?
Did you help anyone on your team deploy patches to laptops?
Did you help anyone in your org deploy applications to laptops?
Do you manage your team's development environment(s)?
Are you involved in the imaging process for these servers?
Do you provision these servers? Is that process automated? Is there a formal request process in place that you helped with?
Do you also manage any of the firewalls?
Do you manage the groups you deploy to in AD?
Do you deploy policies to these servers?
Do you patch resources in the public cloud?
>>
You vill never enjoy low interests again.
You vill never retire.
You vill be drafted to Israel for pennies.
And all you had to do was answer the quick call.
>>
anyone else hoping for monkeypox to take off so we have another quarantine and more remote jobs
>>
>>101910020
Jokes on you, I'm already an IDF vet
>>
>>101910020
It really sucks I came of age during ZIRP, now anything else is very strange and foreign. I thought it was normal to have 3% interest for a house, and didn't know that high interest rates were one of the reasons houses were relatively cheaper back in the 60s and 70s
>>
>>101910271
No one goes to Africa so unlikely. Though, I'm slightly worried about my favorite South African streamer possibly catching it.
>>
File: pepe-nervous.gif (48 KB, 634x640)
48 KB
48 KB GIF
>mum found the load balancer
>>
How to deal with a literal midwit PO?
>>
>>101901326
you're supposed to hop every 2 years for this exact reason + better pay
>>
>>101910364
its in sweden now
>>
>>101910526
oh baby, we're really going to go for broke this time around?
>>
File: 1444618148327.jpg (568 KB, 1272x1094)
568 KB
568 KB JPG
I JUST WANT TO BE A SLAAAAVEE
>>
My IT job, I come into work around 7:30, leave by 3pm, half the time I just fuck around with co-workers, scroll online articles to kill time and make about $80,000 a year. All these whiners sounds like a skill issue lol
>>
>>101910862
who asked
>>
>>101910862
my problem is that I do the same thing but bust my ass for 74.5k. Been IT Administrator for 4.5 years now. Jan 2025 will be 5 years.
>>
>>101910862
>>101910891
>74k
>80k
how do you even live in 2024 with this inflation unironically
>>
>>101910908
not everyone lives in muttistan, 80k is millionaire level in lots of parts in europe
>>
>>101897567
>miss morning meeting
>reality I just continued to work and getting ready to leave around 1 once I merge
>>
I get job offers from time to time from literally who companies and from recruiting companies, and most of the former offer me less $$ and benefits than what I already make, and the latter ignore me for not having a degree or any sort of certifications lmao
>>
File: patch management.png (2.36 MB, 1429x1217)
2.36 MB
2.36 MB PNG
>>101898482
>my entire role is just patch management
>using WSUS for patching windows servers
This board is unironically filled with indians and tech support. What the fuck, man.
>>
>>101910936
>>101910908
Midwest here. I work another job for the same company that nets me another 1.2k a month.

You should see midwest salaries for IT Managers vs what nigger jew companies are actually paying.

80k isn't even on the map.
>>
>>101910946
same for me except I have degrees and certs out the ass, and they offer dog shit pay, like pay I was making in 2017
>>
>>101910986
>You should see midwest salaries for IT Managers vs what nigger jew companies are actually paying.
>80k isn't even on the map.
yea they make like 150-180k as a senior IT manager usually, every company I've worked for they've made at least 140-150k min.
>>
>>101901547
How can they not when they get paid regardless of the quality of product they produce lmao
>>
>>101911025
Yep. How the fuck do I even push for that? It's double+ than what I make now. I only make 74.5k because I fot a 2% merit increase for the last 4 years, LOL!

Every review my manager has given me glowing reviews and say I go above and beyond but when I talk about actual raises for doing laps around other people/departments and making everyone's job easier and thus productivity higher, I'm given the run around.
"Let's schedule it!"
>that day comes
>out sick
>reschedule
>not in that day
It's a dog chasing it's tail.
>>
>>101911078
you don't push for it you find another jeb lol. Or something remote or somewhere with a higher COL.
>>
File: file.png (5 KB, 191x35)
5 KB
5 KB PNG
>Quit job to do WGU full time
>Excited for all the free time I'm going to have
>Fast forward three months
>Have gone on one hike
>Hardly have time for videogames, pic related
>Pretty much only leave my apartment to go to Costco
I'm going to be a husk of a human being by the end of this term
>>
>>101911078
They're bullshitting you because you have no leverage. The only reason they're even bothering to pretend to entertain your request is because they're cowards on an interpersonal level. You will not ever get a raise there without leverage. Leverage means an offer. And if you have an offer, frankly, you should probably just take it. The only way to have background leverage is for the world to be such that they know you have constant background offers and options to jump ship. You don't, so you can't, so actively go find a new place and jump to it. Fuck those niggerfaggots, they'll learn when they have to explain to Ramjesh how to do your job.
>>
I am de-googling and de-onenoting on the clock.
>use personal tld email for logins
>use text files for notes
>use syncthing for shared access
>photos in general are overrated and idgaf if I lose them, just live your life live maaaan

I'm still going to use maps and waze I'm not that autistic. Just going to seize back my data and never again let it get locked into a service that I can't walk away from
>>
>>101910908
When you get stipend for housing, free health and life insurance, on top of other benefits like paid credentials/training, its pretty easy living with 80k anon ;)
>>
>>101911107
>>101911142
Figures. Thanks anon. I thought I could "work my way up" because my boss (who is quitting today) did that. She leveraged herself to higher and higher positions but she had an executive VP of Operations backing her on her leverage.
She threatened to quit a total of 4 times.
Each time, they promoted her and gave her a fat raise.
She makes 155k making sure people do their job.. LOL
I wanted to puke when I found that out.
>>
>>101911142
>Fuck those niggerfaggots, they'll learn when they have to explain to Ramjesh how to do your job.
perfectly summarized
>>
>>101911200
there's different levels to this, people who exist and take up space make more money, people that get stuff done make less, it's simply how the world works.

Cathy Blessant VP of HR makes 150-200k meanwhile the poor sap who is ensuring critical systems functions gets paid 60k. It's how modern companies are ran because they pay consultants to tell them how to pay people and manage people.
>>
>>101911200
>>101911142
>leverage
>She threatened to quit a total of 4 times.
You can do the same op. Being willing to walk away is leverage even if you don't have an offer in hand.
>>
>>101911194
the housing is a good deal since housing is crazy in the US, but most companies get all the other stuff you mentioned as well and make twice as much.
>>
>>101911222
this is chud cope
>>
>>101911226
Being willing to talk away is leverage if you have an offer.
If you don't have an offer, you're walking away to unemployment. Congrats.
They know he doesn't have any offers, so they will not care, so he does not have leverage, so they will say, "Sure, man," and then he can either keep his job as a rape victim or walk away and be unemployed. His employers contain awareness of his situation which is what empowers them to continue doling out abuse, and condemns him to continue suffering it.

Until he has more offers.

Also, I'm willing to bet anon's blowjobs are worse than hers.
>>
I'm so overwhelmed with a deadline tomorrow that I cried earlier and am feeling like crying again , I was put in a position that I didn't know I wasn't going to be able to handle until it was too late, it has nothing to do with my skills I was brought to the company for and I thought I would be able to work throuhg it but was wrong

Its only been 6 months since I joined this company after leaving my other job of 8 years, I'm considering taking an enormous pay cut to go back to my previous company I'm so embarassed and upset with myself
>>
>>101911244
idk what you even mean by that, but it's how it works. Not saying it's right, but it's the state of the world. VPs put together have a collective IQ of a normie.
>>
Being attractive and having a good LinkedIn headshot > actual skills
>>
>>101911261
copecel
>>
>>101911264
this
>>
>>101911255
Cry, splash your face with water, eat if you're hungry, then sit and figure out what you need to get done, and how you can do it. It will suck and you will struggle, but in the end you can collapse and rest and be proud of yourself
>>
>>101911255
What's the task, anon? Adjusting to a new situation takes time, and can be super stressful under crunch. Tell us more about the situation, and we can work through it.
>>
>>101911253
>you're walking away to unemployment
Extremely common among normgroids among all classes.
The low class just bounces from job to job and can walk anytime. The high class calls it a sabbatical or taking a break. Same shit. And just threatening does work.
>>
>>101911264
I was literally ready to suck cock and get railed to get a job because it was that or the gutter and I'm an athletic twink and I got a job through pure skills and now I'm kind of disappointed.
>>
>another job declined me
i feel like i made the wrong career choice
im never gonna fucking get into IT because nobody hires for helpdesk
i thought helpdesk was the bottom of the barrel like mcdonalds so why tf are they not hiring me????
should i lie on my resume? but i really don't want to do that
>>
>>101911302
>The high class calls it a sabbatical
post an image of your hairless little coinpurse, anon
>>
File: goat.jpg (11 KB, 360x360)
11 KB
11 KB JPG
>>101911336
>They never say your wrong
>>
>>101911222
You're right. My company has consultants for the Controller, Owner/President and Upper Management.
>>101911253
Yep, I'm not going into unemployment. That's a death wise.
>>101911244
Nope, it's true. I see it at the company I'm at.

I'm the sole IT person, managing multiple sites and end users with multiple critical systems. If some idiot roaster doesn't have a program running, he will literally cause a fire and burn down the entire plant.
>>
>>101911336
why do you want to see someone's testicles anon? are you interested in sexual intercourse and getting butt worms? are you the same anon seething about the state of things? seek help
>>
>>101911324
>bottomcaps
Just apply at Geek Squad and get it over with.
>>
>>101911321
Well did you have a LinkedIn with a good picture on it? There's alternatives to sucking cock in life son.
>>
>>101911324
anon, it's supply and demand. nothing about you personally.
build or do stuff on your own, put that as experience and knowledge in your CV, and maybe even try selling whatever you can sell to people

>>101911302
>The low class just bounces from job to job and can walk anytime
I'm sure they can just walk with the amount of debt and shitty pay they get.
>>
can americ*ns have a separate thread, their posts make me vomit
>>
>>101911292
>>101911298
Its doing CAD work (I am not in tech technically but I just hangout here because its close enough)

The job is probably "easy" to someone who knows what they are doing, but for the amount of time I was given and the organization of the project leaves me with a ton of issues and problems that are outside of my control, but someone with the proper skills would know what to do to resolve them. I don't even know how to describe the issues I have in order to google properly for solutions

I am receiving help from someone else now and I'm entirely reliant on them and I'm not sure if they are going to give me the quality that I think this thing needs to be
>>
>>101911324
Just stick with it anon. Help desk is a cost center so it'll never have insane demand it's always just some fat retard trying to replace attrition and management gunning for jeets.
>>
>>101911382
I did. I was really optimizing for the slut meta because I doubted my skills, had a crisis of confidence, the whole deal. But they hired me to rebuild their entire backend immediately after a virtual technical and didn't even grope me or anything during the followup onsite.
Now I'm worried I'm less cute than I thought. This is troubling.
>>
>>101911390
the entire computing infrastructure runs in America bud
>>
>>101911416
wrong
>>
>>101911414
I had an Indian boss that I thought might be gay, he had a wife though, he would always compliment my outfits when I wore nice stuff to work
>>
>>101911390
american website
american world
crygag around my cock, commie faggot
>>
>>101911430
japanese website
chinese world
crygag around my cock, amerimutt
>>
>>101911509
>be chinese
>try to insult an american
>copyright infringe his post
perfect, no notes
>>
>>101911414
Someone saw value in you outside of your looks. Plus you're not gonna be "cute" forever homie get used to it
>>
File: images.png (9 KB, 219x230)
9 KB
9 KB PNG
>>be chinese
>>try to insult an american
>>copyright infringe his post
>perfect, no notes
>>
Any of you work nights from another country? How is it?
>>
>>101911402
What do they want you to do? Model something?

>(I am not in tech technically but I just hangout here because its close enough
The technical mindset – the hacker's spirit – is about figuring out how things work. That is sufficient.

I don't have every button in every piece of software in the world memorized, like my Grandma thinks I do. I know nothing!

I figure it out!

You gather experience, you retain knowledge, but not for mere rote memorization – to build up a model of the world, that can make predictions.

It's the same for my /o/ friends. It's the same for mekkie, aerospace, architectural – the systematizing mindset which creates structure from chaos, divining the nature of the universe.

You carry the torch of Prometheus. You see a problem, and instead of turning away, you begin to think. You drive the wheels that move the world – the species – forward.

If you figure out how things work, you belong here.

Take a moment, anon. Gather yourself. Let's fix this thing.
>>
>>101911527
That's true. And I'm glad to find out I have desirable skills, despite being absentminded and having no certifications or degree

>Plus you're not gonna be "cute" forever homie get used to it
dis is why i gym

>>101911429
compliments are nice. actual fagtual coworkers are usually easy to get along with. I understand why SV works so well, now
>>
File: 1715659534089165.jpg (62 KB, 638x664)
62 KB
62 KB JPG
>>be chinese
>>try to insult an american
>>copyright infringe his post
>perfect, no notes
>>
>>101911567
its a conceptual design of some stuff in a building,

I am getting help for it and its out of my hands now, if this person gives me hogshit then thats just what is going to be submit, with a lot of asterisks stating its purely conceptual and will have changes later. I don't have the time or skills to fix it by tomorrow
>>
>>101911684
True story, I had an older lady in university literally say something like "Oh boy. you're wearing those tight pants today" I was wearing some dark navy slacks and a white dress shirt and it made me a little uncomfortable since it was in front of everyone at our group table. Twink life.
>>
Does anyone have the infographic where a company collapses under the weight of all the managerial positions rather than the ones doing the actual work?
>>
>>101911801
I'd love that too. Subtly print that out and frame it all around the office.
>>
>>101911765
excellent. you just know she wanted to make you blush.

my first job was literally just being eyecandy in a lobby, it was great. I made no money but got to strut around in my dress shirt and shoes and answer phone calls cheerily and politely disarm all kinds of lecherous comments

now I'm full remote wfh with a really good salary, which I'm thankful for, but I'm a bit lonely.

i can finally mebbe afford it but i'm not sure where to move
>>
>>101911801
but who would be left to manage the managers? we need managers to manage the product owners so they can manage the developers.
>>
>>101908157
>unlimited PTO
You fell for the maymay.
>>
>>101911916
>>101911801
>>101911905
>work in officehell
>nothing ever gets fucking done, constant calamity, micromanaging single point of failure fractal disaster
>tell manager about "what gets measured gets managed"
>his eyes light up
>begins saying it all the time, meaning that more things should be measured to he can manage them
>>
>>101908702
Say you were doing contract gigs and tending to a sick relative or something. Just don't say you've been chilling or having a hard time finding work. Don't give them the satisfaction. They will lie to you for other stuff, don't feel guilty.
>>
>>101911909
>my first job was literally just being eyecandy in a lobby, it was great. I made no money but got to strut around in my dress shirt and shoes and answer phone calls cheerily and politely disarm all kinds of lecherous comments
was kind of my first job too. We would just stand around wearing nice clothes. It was nice because you get to see all the women in nice slacks and shoes and footwear, was a footfag's dream.
>>
>>101908702
Why would you take a gap when you have a friend willing to put you in at his company? I do that for all my friends – what else is a domain name for, really? All the homies work for me, and damn fuckin well, too, excellent reviews and five star service all day.
>>
>>101908104
don't do it anon, customer support and helpdesk suck dick. users are horrible. members of the public even more so.
>>
>>101911990
This might be fucked but I feel like everyone should serve a tour of duty in frontline helpdesk or customer-facing repair. It might even, eventually, suck less, if everyone got a taste, you know? All the people I know who've done service jobs are a lot nicer to service people.
>>
>>101897676
I’m hiring for a role right now and it’d be a nice to have a woman. Every time I get one I have to do a bunch of extra vetting to make sure I don’t accidentally get one of these. It’s annoying. I don’t care how they dress or whatever but it’s fucked that it’s legally recognized.
>>
>a relative of my manager dies
>been distraught for a few months, now acting like a dick
He used to be a cool guy. Should I switch?
>>
>>101912018
ive never done a service customer facing support job but I'm sure it is hell. I've always been as nice as possible and patient to them since they can fuck your shit up kind of like fast food you don't want them to spit in your food.
>>
>>101912093
suck him off to make him feel better
>>
>>101912093
Probably
Not his fault but you never know what breaks somebody for good or if they’ll get back to themselves.
>>
>>101912093
depends, was the relative close? like a father/mother or even worse a son/daughter? if so give him a few months at least. otherwise yea he's being a dick.
>>
>>101911556
>Any of you work nights from another country? How is it?
Yep. all across asia
Best way to do it is maintain consistency

The 1-2 hour difference from SEA to east asia makes a big difference. Think sleeping at 5am vs sleeping at 6 or 7am.

Waking up at 2pm is kino and you can still have a full evening social life. host, attend events whatever. with girlfriends, I mostly just cuddle them a bit then go sleep, cuddle them after work before they get up.

Some cities/towns have better 24 hour things but you can mostly just get what you need to go through the night, so not even really a necessity
>>
I'm managing two young engineers and I can't imagine being an ass to them, I am not trying to be their friend but I'm trying to be supportive in helping them grow, am I not going to make it because Im not an ass
>>
>>101911933
I always try to negotiate out of that but they always refuse citing whatever they decide to pull out of there ass on the spot.
>>
>>101911933
It really is. The reason people offer it is because unlimited pto is the same as zero pto legally. Your untaken pto days are paid out when you leave, but not if it’s unlimited. You have a guaranteed amount for sickness, bereavement, paternity etc in your contract. But not if it’s unlimited.
Unlimited == 0, legally.
>>
>>101911765
I would always get harangued in the elevators at one place to the point I started taking the stairs. I fucking hate boomers.
>>
>>101912149
nah you're doing a good job then, the worst thing you can do for a young person is be unhelpful or be an ass, they will resent you forever and do poorly.
>>
>>101911933
>>101912187
>Your untaken pto days are paid out when you leave, but not if it’s unlimited
Who gives a fuck? I'm not minmaxing my PTO, working every single day to bank payout for leaving like some fucking grindout RPG exploit. I'm enjoying my unlimited PTO and great work culture.

>>101912243
>>101912149
If you prove that you aren't worthy of respect, they'll grow to resent being placed under you. And respect is a fickle, shifting thing. Most people overcompensate by trying to be a hardass – this often backfires totally. As long as you're straight with them you should be fine.
>>
>>101911321
I was always miserable that in my late teens and early 20s I was too fucked looking to be a sex worker and was on and off homeless instead
Now I’m fine but objectively my life would have been infinitely easier if I wasn’t
Just one of many reasons why hot privilege is more powerful than any other characteristic
>>
>>101912149
Just imagine that one of them is super incompetent, doesn’t respond to coaching or improve, and talks back. Then imagine you’re too much of a coward to fire them.
>>
>>101912223
I get oddly way too many compliments and stares from Boomer midwives and older women, not sure what that means it's kinda gross t b h because none of them are attractive
>>
>>101912280
it's strange, isn't it? I think it's true for some people that it destroys your root chakras or whatever, and they shouldn't do it, but I've always been happiest and most fulfilled when being used and enjoyed by someone powerful I respect deeply. maybe i never had a soul

>>101912223
>>101912344
my friend's dad started openly hitting on me and trying to grope me last year, in front of his wife (who he hates). it's extremely funny. i wish he wasn't a fat ugly retard

the women are a whole other thing. their husbands all fucking hate them and the lead in their bones drives them insane and they get this second wind of rapaciousness unlike anything else on earth
>>
>>101912338
>Then imagine you’re too much of a coward to fire them.
This is the single most insidious issue infecting the workplace. Cowardice. All the passive aggressive backstabbing and musical chairs flows down from everyone's inability to just be what the fucking are, say what they mean, and get shit fucking done. Reprehensible.
>>
>>101912583
Most insidious issue affecting everything. Relationships are the same. Most people won’t even break up, just become increasingly nasty until the other person bails or they find someone to leave them for.
>>
>>101912145
Do you have a home in the west, or are you effectively homeless?

Anything you dont like about your lifestyle?

I'm planning on going to Taiwan in the future and doing this
>>
>>101912629
that and nobody wants to make a decision because they're pussies and don't want to take responsibility
>>
pls bake. last couple of threads died before being baked
>>
quit force pushing branches with PRs you bloddy bastard bitch
>>
bloody benchud do the needful thank you
>>
>>101913562
>>
>>101898064
>>101900806
stop posting you illiterate retard
>>
>>101903568
I just say im part native american
>>
>>101911136
nice post wgu shill. nobody would quit a job to pursue an itt tech tier degree

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.