[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

how firefox saves passwords is retarded because anyone using your computer could find out what passwords you are using by going to settings and typing in saved passwords.
it shows the passwords to all your accounts

if someone logs into his email on your computer, you can find out his password this way
>>
File: 61065b5b37252.jpg (82 KB, 1080x1586)
82 KB
82 KB JPG
>>101917379
Use master password you absolute fucking retard
>>
>>101917379
>if someone logs into his email on your computer, you can find out his password this way
But said person wouldn't choose to save his password in my browser, would he?
>>
>>101917379
why are other people using your Personal Computer
>>
>>101917379
Are you not aware of computers having the ability for multiple user accounts? And that you don't need to use an administrator account for everything?
>>
>>101917379
>firefox
lol this is the same in every password manager incl. Chrome, Apple Keychain, etc
>>
>>101917430
i am not using an administrator account

firefox saves your passwords automatically every time you log in to some website
>>
>>101917379
>if i keep my passwords saved in the browser, then my browser stores the password
All browsers do that.
Making it unaccessible in the UI would change nothing, cause they are still stored in some files anyone can access
>but muh system wallet secret service thingy
those are all-or-nothing, any app that can access it, sees everything that is inside it, like your browser sees your wifi password

It's all a scam.
Use a password manager like KeePassXC with its browser extension that only gives out the password of the website the browser requests it for.
>>
>>101917486
>firefox saves your passwords automatically every time you log in to some website
no it doesn't, it asks you if you want to save the password
>>
>>101917379
Why are chrometards like this ?
>>
>>101917379
Yes it's stupid
We should have normalized secure methods of password based auth decades ago, but instead the security tards gave us email login links, password managers, SMS bullshit, authentication apps, and token generators. What a mess.
>>
>>101918412
firefox has built-in password manager, you just enable 'master password' and now all your passwords are encrypted

literally all browsers that store your passwords can't store them encrypted otherwise they wouldn't be able to read them or securely store the key (chrome also does this)
>>
>>101918412
what
>secure methods of password based auth
are you thinking about?

Having a password manager - so one password that will then insert a saved random password - is the best we can get.
Even if you would have a PGP key based authentification, it would still be the same workflow: Enter one password and it sends a text.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.