[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: GIRUGAMESH.png (122 KB, 452x391)
122 KB
122 KB PNG
MSI has ended the beta for their BIOS with the x129 microcode that is supposed to avoid CPU degradation for the 13th/14th gen.
New stats are pretty great and all and the performance hit is minimal BUT those monkeys put the Lite Load to 18 (!!!) in the "normal" mode, this will KILL your CPU if you don't bring it down a notch.
I don't know which are the default values for each of your CPU's and MOBO's but the i5 13600k + MSI Z790-A WIFI should have a default value of "9".

>why did they do this
because those cretins assume people use degraded CPU's instead of RMA-ing them, so to make them work stable they did this...

Just wanted to warn you guys.
>>
I tried this and my CPU died
>>
>>102246969
lowering your voltage at a normal level won't kill your CPU unless it was already degraded to begin with (in which case you'd have to raise the lite load to stupid values to make it work for some months until it dies), just RMA it at this point, Intel extended the warranty of the affected CPU's.
>>
File: the King gif.gif (116 KB, 384x239)
116 KB
116 KB GIF
>>102246945
also here's a thread about a guy talking about this problem in detail on the MSI forum :
https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?threads/explained-how-the-new-bios-versions-are-causing-higher-temperatures.401341/

it's probably the same with other MOBO's, i've heard of an ASUS MOBO putting the lite load on 22 be default, so check yours.
>>
>>102246945
GIRUGAMESH
>>
>>102248777
AND GAYMEN!
>>
File: 1705943698790834.png (1.65 MB, 1150x828)
1.65 MB
1.65 MB PNG
Auto means exactly that. It will try to automatically optimize the setting for your CPU based on the silicon quality. If the new default is 18+ then the silicon already degraded way too much. If you've been buying Intel CPU since 8th gen and haven't been UV'ing by default then that's on you for being stupid.
>>
>>102246945
imagine being so retarded you buy MSI shit
>>
bitch, I bought a bottom-of-the-barrel budget chink motherboard, you seriously think I'm rocking an overpriced 14th gen intel piece of shit?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.