[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: GlowieLang.png (618 KB, 1914x883)
618 KB
618 KB PNG
Why do the Glow boys want me to use this language so bad?
>>
Because they are too stupid to use Valgrind when writing C++.
>>
>>102262905
because the security of commercial products (used products) is important to the security of the nation.
private corporations build the software that operate aircraft, vehicles, trains, air circulation units, digitized door locks, emergency alert systems, communications systems, and many other things that direct and control substantial amounts of value/energy/potential energy.
failures cost substantial amounts of money and brand recognition.
>>
File: 1723765237066437.jpg (64 KB, 762x680)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>>102263589
Oversimplification. GoLang has a niche. It's like C but with more advanced features built in.

>>102263658
>security
Pls. Go is hackable. There are viruses written in Go.

>GlowLang
I don't know what's so bad about clean syntax, only two built in (fast) struct types, easily available toolchain with scripting support, a great vast standard library, package control system, web integration, while all combined with C-like low level raw operation. I love Go. Docker is written in Go.
>>
>>102263658
>Go is fascist corpoware
Just cuz Google wrote it doesn't mean Google controls it. Go is open source and can be implemented in C. Google also made Android.
>>
>>102263734
>Pls. Go is hackable. There are viruses written in Go.
I'm not talking about Go, despite it being my main lang. I am talking about compile-time checks and sensible runtime checks.
Static types. A borrow checker (in scenarios where a garbage collector is not needed, which is a significant majority of software). Language subsets that permit non-Turing complete behavior for guaranteed halting. Proofs regarding the attributes of certain variables at certain points throughout the lifespan of a program.
Bounds checking. Types with possibility of null. Blah blah blah.
All of this shit is incredibly sensible design for anyone that has written a lot of code and is sick of playing dumb mental games. We build software that assists us massively in building software.
>>
>>102263826
>which is a significant majority of software
I meant to say that you can get by WITH a GC in most scenarios.
>>
>>102262905
The NSA is one huge conflict of interest. They do great work for security, but are also constantly trying to break it for their own gain.
>>
>>102263921
>>102263848
>>102263826
>it has garbage collection built in
Yes that's a feature for monkey retards like me

>compile time check
You can disable with custom GC btw

>NSA
They don't have much to do here. Yeah they know Go, like they know Java and C. Who cares.

Y'all just wanna start from schizo premise
>>
Yes, Go max speed is slower than C in theory and practice. Go can also take forever to compile. Who cares? It isn't a replacement for C. It's a whole new paradigm.
>>
File: 1725411646085372.jpg (3 KB, 242x208)
3 KB
3 KB JPG
>>102264348
what are you even saying
unintelligible ass motherfucker
>>
>>102264348
> Schizo premise

Literally the CIA, NSA, Microsoft are shilling Rust language and you don't think thats weird? You don't think its weird they called it rust like the stuff that corrodes metal?
>>
>>102264381
Just read 'Programming in Go'. What I'm saying is Go is my second favorite lang, behind Python. Go is fast enough for my needs. Great serverside lang.

>>102264481
Dude you act like code written in C is secure.
>>
>>102264495
it is secure, hire smarter programmers
>>
>>102264607
>hire smarter programmers
That is for any lang. GoLang just makes it easier for dumbasses to make web integrated apps that run fast. It jives better with the modern web.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.