[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1722190488440543.jpg (127 KB, 1196x630)
127 KB
127 KB JPG
friYAY edition

Tech News & Industry Insights
Ars Technica - https://arstechnica.com/
Hacker News - https://news.ycombinator.com/
TechCrunch - https://techcrunch.com/
The Register - https://www.theregister.com/
The Verge - https://www.theverge.com/tech

Software Development & Programming
GitHub Trending - https://github.com/trending
DevDocs - https://devdocs.io/
JavaScript, CSS, HTML sandbox - https://jsfiddle.net/
MDN Web Docs - https://developer.mozilla.org/
Stack Overflow Blog - https://stackoverflow.blog/

IT Operations & Infrastructure
AWS Service Health Dashboard - https://status.aws.amazon.com/
Cloudflare System Status - https://www.cloudflarestatus.com/
DownDetector - https://downdetector.com/
Microsoft Azure Status - https://status.azure.com/
Microsoft Office 365 Status - https://portal.office.com/servicestatus

Previous Thread: >>102366745
>>
File: EbAIfS6XQAAM0bB.jpg (90 KB, 1062x1200)
90 KB
90 KB JPG
>Contract over at work
>No one has responded yet to applications
It's ogre. At least I have time to brush up on my skills maybe, haha.
>>
we just got the new M3 macbook pros and holy shit these things are nice. they actually make me actively want to do work. my old intel one with 16 gigs was crying and stuttering running docker.
>>
>>102375332
Fair, more money is always nice, but I don't think I can swing it
I just ask to not be run into the ground, I like afternoons and evenings in a moody office reading network related stuff
>>
We are all here for the same reason, dont deny it...
>>
>>102375928
charge your battery. Jealous though.
>>
>>102375830
what a gay OP
>>
>>102375928
the M1 mac is no different mr. basedboy
>>
>>102376456
the newfag is u, my friend
>>
File: Eehy6DRXoAQ4VJb.jpg (177 KB, 765x1200)
177 KB
177 KB JPG
>>102375830
To help me get some internships what certs do you recommend? I was thinking AZ-900 and AWS CCP. I already got CompTIA Tech+ and CCST Networking. I want to cover all my bases and get a networking/cloud internship. thanx.
>>
>>102376451
i didn't say anything about the M1s dillweed
>>
>>102375928
last week I was forced to switch back from my Linux work laptop to a M2 macbook pro because the 2 guys who maintained linux laptops both got laid off recently. also there was only about 20 of us linux users out of about 10000 employees so we aren't important enough lol

I've used macOS a bit before, but it still is and will always be dogshit. Finder is probably the shittiest file manager out there, there's no sort of native window tiling hotkeys nor clipboard manager so you have install 3rd party apps. macOS overall feels like a shitty locked down linux distro with little to no customization available.

at least the hardware is decent, but so are most other modern laptops that cost probably half as much. I miss using linux on my 4 year old dell latitude bros...
>>
>>102376730
you can get work done on a macbook with its closed as fuck eco system
>>
>>102376785
very true. most employed ppl dont have time to rice their window manager and just need something that works ootb. even Linus uses macbook!
>>
>>102376730
>there's no sort of native window tiling hotkeys
I think fn+shift+ctrl and arrow keys lets you switch through the tiling options on sequoia.
>>
>>102376730
>macOS overall feels like a shitty locked down linux distro with little to no customization available.
beats wasting hours of your life debugging linux problems
>>
your work laptop's os doesn't matter
there's 99% likelihood that you're a webshit anyway, so who cares
>>
>>102377051
Tell that to the people who complain about Docker Desktop on Windows
Or the people who have trouble getting proper brew installs on Mac
>>
How’s the job market in your area anons?
>>
>>102377546
better than elsewhere but not great. the housing market's horrible though. (miami greater metro area)
>>
>>102377561
>miami
it genuinely annoys me how impatient everyone is there. everyone i have worked with from there without fail goes into panic impatient mode when something needs to be done, regardless of the fact that it usually isnt actually that urgent or isnt even actually an issue.
all the women ive met there who are under 30 are terrible people. i have yet to meet one that did not reveal how terrible of a person they actually are, even if it was almost a year later in some cases due to them thinking they could finally put away the fake bubbly happy facade that they use around most other people. not exactly sure why
>>
>>102377833
keep in mind I said greater area (covers Miami, Ft Lauderdale and West Palm). Miami proper is a right mad house. fake plastic women, drug addicts looking like they shambled off the set of White Zombie, coked up businessmen thinking it's still the 80s, Hattian gang violence, horrible traffic. I haven't been to Miami in 8 years and now that good Cuban food places started popping up everywhere not just there I have no desire to go back

not that up here's much better. just your typical "fake suburban"' with a little more New York influence
>>
>>102376888
Having a windows manager on macos is just a matter of typing brew install rectangle
Its default hotkeys work well enough
>>
>>102377546
if there's a tech job opening, it's either here or hyderabad
t. silicon valley
>>
My vacation starts today. :-)
>>
>>102378174
giwtwm
>>
>>102378205
ywnbav (you will never be a vacationer)
>>
>>102377833
Sounds nonetheless better than my lcol wigger hellscape.
>>
>>102377546
Not great on paper, and terrible for me in particular
>>
>>102377546
Trucking along as if nothing happened, but it's a generic Deep South shithole that didn't have a strong IT industry to begin with. But it also didn't get hit that hard.
>>
File: POOPROGRAMMER.png (1.13 MB, 1009x1048)
1.13 MB
1.13 MB PNG
The Gautam Brothers and Akshay Kumar mog everyone in this thread
>>
>>102377959
>Miami proper is a right mad house. fake plastic women, drug addicts looking like they shambled off the set of White Zombie, coked up businessmen thinking it's still the 80s, Hattian gang violence, horrible traffic.
yes its kino
>>
>>102378174
just got to tokyo myself
>>
>>102378174
any plans?
>>
>>102378569
>Gautam
>Kumar
>purebred Brahmin names
as a white man I kneel sars
>>
>>102370150
Looks AI-generated.
Looks phallic.
Looks like it's intended to get screwed at both ends.
Just like a model employee.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lVmmYMwFj1I

>>102370573
Ah! The "surgical team".
I see that book more of a time capsule of how things were made in the 60s/70s.
Have you gotten to the part, where he recommends, that documentation should be stored on microfilm?
>>
>>102380247
>documentation should be stored on microfilm
Makes sense, nobody will read it anyway
>>
>>102375928
i have one of those but the OS is just utter trash
i genuinely would rather use linux just so i can have sane key bindings and ctrl on the right place
it's unreal how much better windows is at everything than mac os
>>
Should i study 1 hour of odin project or 1 hour of unity gamedev after dinner.
>>
>>102381180
it's morning already
>>
File: 1712820179560598.jpg (755 KB, 1542x2048)
755 KB
755 KB JPG
Too anxious today, my contract ends in two weeks, people have shown interest in extending it but they're not sure yet because of budget reasons. I wish they had flat out told me it wouldn't happen instead of constantly hearing "we really want to keep you, HR hasn't contacted you yet? We told the bosses we wanted you to stay, it doesn't depend on us anymore but we really hope you'll stay".
>>
>>102381973
i said all that shit to the last outsourcing guy we dropped. he sucked but i didn't care to confront him about it because he was getting dropped anyway.
>>
File: images[1].jpg (9 KB, 225x225)
9 KB
9 KB JPG
>>102377546
Torontoanon here.
It's bad and somehow getting worse. I can't imagine any new grads that aren't from Waterloo getting a job.
I know a 10 YOE guy who have been unemployed for 6 months now.
I'm unironically job stacking 3 jobs right now because this could be a long term bear job market, and I want to be employed during the great crash of 2025 so I can buy the dip.
>>
>>102382004
>he was getting dropped anyway
why were you being a pussy then? too scared of his reaction?
>>
>>102381973
Lmao and this is why I'm stacking 3 of em.
>>
>>102382025
telling someone they suck is actually doing them a favor. you aren't owed anything you know.
>>
i spent my entire day trying to recursively reverse a linked list on leetcode and i still dont understand the solution. 3 yoe as dev btw
is there still hope for me or should i go flip burgers instead?
>>
>>102382004
>>102382035
you are a coward and a sociopath
most probably a good goy corpo drone
>>
>>102382307
if you're a contractor then literally just don't suck, it's not my problem if you do (except for as long as it takes me to get rid of you)

if you send me embarrassing jeet-tier garbage that i have to clean up then you are dead to me
>>
>>102382035
nigga just say you were scared
>>
>>102382320
>you are dead to me
>"y-yes sir we will extend your contract p-please lower your voice sir"
>>
>>102382320
not telling people they suck is a completely different thing than telling them they are good when you think they are not.
>>
>>102382348
>yeah sure rajesh you're doing great, now go away
minimum amount of my time wasted
>no rajesh you're doing terrible
>rajesh becomes super needy and wants feedback
>suddenly get asked to set up """alignment""" meetings
nope not my problem
>>
>>102382377
Honestly do you have a job or are you just LARPing? Normally people do confront other people who don't do their work properly and I'm positive this is a very basic thing we're expected to do since it will impact everybody in a team.
>>
>>102375830
Hey friends, finished first week of work at my new job. Team is awesome, there's anime, vidya and warhammer figurines. There's three roasties but they're chill, one is an older mom like woman and the other is a cringe nerd midget. There's a cutie tho that wears leggings every day with her thong showing but she's a single mom and gives out so many whore vibes that it's a turn off but she's cool. HR roastie is a Disney adult with cats and nightmare before Christmas shit but she's full Maga so that's cool. Most of my coworkers are white and Latino except for two black dudes in another office but they're based from what I hear. Overall 9/10, I'm happy in this company. I get my own desk area on the 30th for now, I'm just jumping around desks. After one year it's two days wfh or a day depending on the task.
>what do you do?
I can't say specifically because I'd dox myself but we work in the ML industry in a super niche field.
>>
>>102382377
as the other anon said, you are just scared of telling people the truth.
not only that, you lie to them to avoid conflict. and you don't even see the problem with that. again, you are a COWARD and a SOCIOPATH. you get their hopes high for no good reason, as if they didn't have a life to worry about.
you are mentally ill. your actions are not justified. there is no need to justify them here. just say you don't care about other human beings, that would be more honest than these dumb, desperate attempts
>>
>>102382419
i literally saw the latter example happen to another lead this year

>>102382435
you're probably a bad dev, i assume you know it since you're having a panic attack
>>
>have a decent* wfh job while in college
>get an internship at another company, probably the best one to work for in my area
>said company typically hires their interns straight out of school
>know a few people working there, they all love it
>current job started hiring mostly women (it's started to become really noticeable)
>* = wfh as long as you maximize your availability for unstable hours
>started giving less of a fuck about that wfh job due to lots of bs, toxic work environment, and competitiveness between coworkers for hours
>genuinely enjoying the internship stuff
>one guy that was training me talked about his old jobs that he quit, sounded a lot like my current job
obviously i should quit my job and just go back to enjoying life, but a part of me wants to stay at least until i can jump ship out of pettiness because i know some of my coworkers want me gone
and i guess stay for the money too, but i've saved enough to coast and focus on school once it's all said and done, but it's like a matter of when that i'm still figuring out
>>
>>102382448
>panic attack
You're the guy who don't have the balls to confront anyone to tell them the truth, I know you're leaking shit when someone wants to directly talk to you
>>
>>102382448
>you're probably a bad dev, i assume
I'm not even a dev lmao. again, mental illness and desperation.
just be honest with the people you work with, or at least omit information. no need to lie, no need to justify your stupid, damaging behavior, you sad drone.
>>
I have 4 years of experience and I want to change jobs, but I never get past the first non-HR job interview. I have spent hours studying job interview guide videos online, but I still get the "we have decided to move forward with another candidate" response. I only apply to jobs in the city where I live, so you'd think they would want someone that will have no problem starting quickly. I try to supress my sperg levels and try to appear as much as an NPC as possible, but I guess they see through me. What do I do wrong?
>>
>>102376785
Can confirm, I have been using my MacPro for school and projects for the past 3 years.
>>
>>102382433
>after a year it’s two days wfh
Wuohhh wowie! If you’re a good boy do you get extra treats and potty breaks?
>t. wfh
>>
>>102382521
Actually, They're sensitive about working from home due to the contracts they have with defense and other industries that require us to sign NDAs and some of us have active top secret clearances. The schedule is a bit grueling but it's big boy rules and the office is pretty chill.
>>
>>102382479
while the other guy wraps up his panic attack over getting laid off soon, allow me to generalize even more.
>do not train contractors
>do not coach contractors
>if a contractor is bad, minimize interaction and give them the least important work until you can drop them
>if a contractor is good, hire them on full time (my corp usually does this business cycle permitting)
i have a hard time believing any experienced lead would do it any other way. unless you want a second full-time job as a life coach for jeet retards.
>>
Think I might try writing a VSCode extension for fun
>>
>he keeps trying to justify himself
pathetic and really fucking sad lmao
>>
>bosses and other people "above" us make us do pointless exercises, ask questions that make no sense and aren't relevant to us, and get angry when we try explain this is not at all relevant to our team
Is it time to start looking for something else? What's to say it won't be just as bad or worse elsewhere?
>>
>>102382635
it's okay patel i'm sure you'll find another job, didn't someone post a link to a $20k job in utah the other day?
>>
>>102382644
I should note this is on top of still having to get our actual work done.
>>
>>
>>102382644
this is normal when you start getting too many middle managers. they have to invent work to look busy.
>>
>>102382760
by the way do not try to convince anyone that it's useless. management already bought into whatever bullshit you're being told to do, so they will close ranks to save face. at BEST you can have an understanding with your direct manager that it's bullshit so you only have to give it token attention.
>>
>>102382817
We're being asked questions like "Why hasn't your team followed up on this?" when it isn't even on our team, it's a bug report on another team's product. We can't explain that we don't know and can't do anything about it, even though the product is there on the bug ticket and the other team is assigned to that ticket.
>>
>>102382858
and yes, it is retarded middle managers, some of whom are pajeets
>>
>>102382858
oh different kind of bullshit than i thought. good luck this is a level of retardation beyond my experience.
>>
>>102382817
I actually have pushed back against it and made some of the middle manager retards look bad before. I'm in europe so they can't just fire you on the spot like in muttland, maybe there could be some other consequences.
>>
hi

having fun this weekend?

nice, nice

quick call?
>>
File: indeed.jpg (34 KB, 640x480)
34 KB
34 KB JPG
>>102370905
Thanks anon, I'm salivating for that >50% salary increase from what I have seen the company tends to offer.
>>
>>102383368
sorry pradeep i'm busy but you're doing great! i look forward to renewing your contract next month :D
>>
>>102382541
>ackshually it’s because I have a sekrit job

Wuohhhh wowieeee! Sam Fisher out here! So do you clean your own litter box or do you have a guy for that?
>>
How's everyone living it up this weekend? Anyone go clubbing on Friday? Anybody have plans with their friends? Surfing maybe, or mountain biking? Taking the girlfriend out to dinner? There's only a day and a half left bros.
>>
>>102383938
Yes I will go mountain biking tomorrow actually, this sounds good. Otherwise I just graduated and I'm exhausted so I wanted to take it easy today. I'm looking forward to seeing some of my coworkers on Monday.
>>
Hi
>>
Hello
>>
Can /g/ suggest me a skill that I must learn to get a job in IT. I have no interest in coding but I do like tinkering with linux. It's so over, I'm in existential crisis now. I'm in my late 20s, people of age and friends are already secured a good job where I live and I feel like a fucking loser.
>>
Sir?
>>
?
>>
>>102384207
"Skill" and "Credential" are different things. Skill doesn't get you hired anymore.
>>
>>102384224
what should I do then? kms.
>>
>>102384274
Get a credential. However please understand:
>It's over
>It never even began
>>
>>102384207
Certs.
>>
File: 1708515112154407.png (303 KB, 738x415)
303 KB
303 KB PNG
>programmed for 10 years
>computer science degree
>portfolio with like 20 solid projects
>1000 commits in the last year
and i still cant get an interview for an entry level job
im gonna kms
>>
>>102384207

Can we please make a fucking sticky already to answer this same genre of moron
>>
File: 1713491135602661.gif (1.59 MB, 250x250)
1.59 MB
1.59 MB GIF
I have two interviews this coming week. Just locked down a second interview for a company I don't even know for Monday morning and another interview for a company I do remember applying to on Wednesday.

Seems like the first company is fast to hire and full remote. Second one is hybrid and will require me to move. Finally, I'm getting some options in my life.
>>
i am tired of churning out consoomer e-waste year after year.
i want to either contribute to putting man in space or producing stuff in defense of the west.
how competitive is the hiring process for these newfangled companies? do i actually need TS/SCI for any roles related to them? i have ongoing experience working as a firmware dev for radio-related shit if that'd help rig the scale in my favor.
>>
>>102384879
you're going to be moving to California for that company so expect to eat shit and live in shit
>>
>>102384879
defense is cozy. i work in mechanical and my cousin works in RF, both are laid back and full of lazy midwits. don't think you'll actually be helping spread democracy to the hohols or defend israel or anything like that, mostly you'll be sabotaging what's left of our industrial base with worthless paperwork.
>>
>>102384955
too late for that
>>102384974
well i don’t plan on joining boeing sooo
>>
>>102385002
it's like that more or less everywhere in defense, i work for one of the less fucked up companies
>>
>>102385018
is defense embedded on par with commercial embedded in terms of pay at the very least? not that commercial pays decently to begin with
>>
>>102376730
>t. has never used windows
>>
>>102385036
i'm mechanical, 130k after 7yoe which is bad compared to software but i think embedded gets paid less even in the commercial world right? so maybe not that different.
>>
>>102385059
>7 yoe
>130k
pls tell me you’re in midwest
fucking c-suites always memeing about onshoring manufacturing and yet they’re paying you 20k less than me at half the yoe
>>
>>102385087
i'm in the south but that's actually a coastal salary for mech engs. we just get paid less. many mech engs are fucking retarded though to be fair.
>>
>>102385100
i’m in silicon valley but i imagine COL isnt too different depending on where in the south you are
>>
>>102385171
i guess COL might be similar in atlanta or south florida or something but afaik rent and house prices here are half of what they are there
>>
>>102385205
Georgia is horrifically expensive but not as bad as California.
>>
>>102385477
>Georgia is horrifically expensive
you know shit's getting bad when someone can credibly say this
>>
>>102385526
It's the one state in the country that didn't see any house prices decline when interest rates went up. I bought a 1200 square foot house a year ago, 90 miles from Atlanta in a town of 700, for 230k.
>>
>>102385087
Welcome to mechanical engineering salaries. Yes, there are plenty of dumbasses in it just like software but we genuinely get underpaid like shit. Productivity is through the roof in the field due to software programs and etc. but salaries remained stagnant and the suits refuse to acknowledge it. There's a reason why MEs tend to leave the field and go into management. Only way to make some real money.
>>
File: 1707243508000035.png (163 KB, 255x350)
163 KB
163 KB PNG
>>
>>102384442
>programmed for 6 months
>liberal arts degree
>4 meme projects on github
>4 commits total
>spammed apps every day
got 1 interview and 1 offer after a year kek
>>
>>102384879
in my experience looking majority are ts/sci which can take more than 2 years to be cleared for, and they can disqualify you for anything

i got hyped on the idea of working in defense for a minute but the clearance process just seems absurd and pay too shitty. way too many negatives to work on cool tech
>>
File: 1721908265037.jpg (121 KB, 512x512)
121 KB
121 KB JPG
>I deserve a software developer job even though I can't develop software because I have Asperger's and it's the closest thing to an adult daycare
>>
>>102383368
why are you online during the weekend?
>>
>>102386604
Literally me
>>
File: 1597598678635.png (645 KB, 1140x761)
645 KB
645 KB PNG
>>102383938
might hit up chick fil a tonight.
>>
>>102386604
haha, i look like this and say this
>>
File: smug_anime_smile.jpg (105 KB, 850x970)
105 KB
105 KB JPG
>>102375830
Any FSEs (Field Service Engineer) here? Should I change from software development to one? Pros and cons?
>>
File: 1722617168142580.jpg (30 KB, 500x500)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>102377546
Job market is shit for everybody, but especially for juniors.

t. Helsinki metro
>>
File: 1705408403771023.png (70 KB, 195x279)
70 KB
70 KB PNG
>>102376730
Literally me. I fucking hate how most developers are turbo normalfags and force me to use this crap.
>>102376989
Never happened to me. Seems like only morons who try out meme distros and then go back to windows/mac suffer from this.
>>102377051
You have no idea what you're talking about.
>>102377546
Perfect for seniors.
>>102384442
>20 solid projects
Pure garbage. Why don't you maintain or contribute to open source software that are widely used?
>>
>>102378740
it's a good setting for a GTA game, I'll give it that
>>
>>102377959
>West Palm is now part of the "miami greater metro area"
WE NEED TO GO BACK
>>
I hate how overwhelming DevSecOps is. There's just too many tools, too many best practices, too many security compliance standards. It's all so tiresome.
>>
>>102387270
it's just a weird term for population tracking. I'm not sure why I used it
>>
>>102387289
it's increasingly true though. white civilization retreats a few miles northward every year in south florida.
>>
>>102387296
yeah, it's fascinating. it's actually the largest (physical) section of dense urban and suburban population in the world. even the California tri-county has gaps in it
>>
File: .png (285 KB, 407x408)
285 KB
285 KB PNG
>>102387273

Security consists in being able to modulate the risk surface in function to the risk appetite of the C-Suite.

There is a point in production where the issue of safety ceases to be a technical problem and becomes a conscious executive decision.
>>
>Make a copy of my resume
>Just change my name to something a white dude would have
>Get way more interview requests than my fucking resume
>the portfolio website linked on the fake resume doesn't even fucking exists and I literally linked to an empty github account.

I'm going to change my name soon, this is bullshit.
>>
>>102387459
as an institution ages risk tolerance decreases. your job is already halfway to being safety theater.
>>
>>102387598
I remember reading an article on Linkedin about this. Having English-sounding names does increases your chances.
>>
>>102384442
>cram C# for 2 weeks
>get an offer after two interviews
>>
>>102387249
Why do you do that requires Linux?
>>
>>102387777
Programming and regular computing without having the OS get in my way or make my life miserable.
>>
>>102387598
jews also did this after soviets kicked them out to great success.
>>
>>102387249
> Why don't you maintain or contribute to open source software that are widely used?

Personal projects are usually good seen, however it depends on the kind of project. He probably made either a todo app, some AI powered chatbot or a unity shit game. You need something unique and personal even if it’s simple
>>
I'm a late 30s Boomer and when I started all you needed to know was some HTML, CSS, JS, PHP, and MySQL. Doing a release was literally just using an FTP client to upload files to your web host.

I feel bad for new devs who have to learn so much stuff just to create a basic web app.
>>
>>102388009
Late 30s boomer here as well. I've taken the CI/CD and cloudpill. Life is far better with version control, unit tests, and automated deployments.
>>
Does anyone still not use ChatGPT for small things at work? It's completely replaced stackoverflow for me and it's correct 95% of the time.
>>
>>102388350
like what, emails? powerpoint filer text? comments?
>>
>>102388350
I never used Stack Overflow.
>>
>>102388350
What would I use it for? Coding is the easy part. Will it attend meetings for me?
>>
I've adapted to living on minimum wage so well that I'm just taking my career as a lottery, if I get a job I will maybe keep it for a year or two and save enough to be a NEET for 4 years while I search for the next gig.
>>
>>102388350
Same
>>
>>102388350
spam foundations
foundation cube
also remember to buy ladders asap
>>
>>102388456
uh wrong tab
>>
>>102387254
>it's a good setting for a GTA game, I'll give it that
I lived there most my life and I guarentee you thqt GTA is too PC to accurate represent half the shit I personally saw there.
>>
>>102388456
Why do you need ladders
>>
>>102388575
to get into the cube
>>
>>102388350
hadnt really thought about it because verifying whether the information it spits out is bullshit or not seems like as much effort as googling it
>>
>>102388823
>>102388386
you're right, it's not useful
>>
I need advice to escape help desk hell, soon to hit my 2 year mark in the role. I've started learning programming on the job, thinking of grinding leetcode once I'm comfy then apply to data eng jobs
>>
>>102389637
degree?
>>
>>102389637
go to Walmart, get some fabric, some ping ping balls, some hot glue, and become a ventriloquist. Tech is dead.
>>
File: 1711903213422.jpg (132 KB, 828x570)
132 KB
132 KB JPG
>>102389985
You know who has union representation? Puppeteers. You know who doesn't? Devs.
>>
>>102389652

comp sci
>>
>>102389637
there is nothing you can do other than optimize your resume, get good at coding, and applying to every position on linkedin
>>
File: 1726121868993506.png (1.48 MB, 2048x982)
1.48 MB
1.48 MB PNG
on vacation fucking jav idols fuck yeah
>>
I quit FAGMAN for a job that pays less than half as much and my life is so much better.
>>
>>102390195
enjoy good times while they last. agile will eventually spread to every white collar job.
>>
>>102388350
no i dont use it. i just dont care. i used it once or twice and it was retarded. only use case is for cheating in school that i can tell.
>>
Have any anons worked as a software/devops engineer for a US state government? I recently had an in-person programming assessment, then in-person round table interview -- HR contacted me and said they were moving to the "background check stage". Must mean the list of final candidates is small as background checking services aren't free

The last time I went through similar, I received a job offer contingent on background check
>>
>>102390712
same deal you're getting an offer contingent on the background check.
>>
>>102390712
good luck
>>
Is it a bad idea to ask to transfer back to my old role after 3 months? For what it's worth, I left that team on very good terms, but I've been struggling a lot in my new role and haven't gotten much done.
>>
File: 491.gif (375 KB, 373x400)
375 KB
375 KB GIF
>go on vacation
>sign off mail and slack on phone, turn off work laptop

heh
>>
>>102390712
Expect a low salary
>>
>>102390776
Hopefully

>>102390785
Thanks anon

>>102390877
The highest end of their salary range is still lower than my last salary. I'm fine with that though. It seems comfy and not very stressful, comparatively
>>
>>102390847
>stalks your socials to find out what hotel you're at
>call the front desk to get your number
>HELLO SAAAAAAR
>>
I'm fucking quitting on Monday
>>
bros, I graduated on Jan and I cant get a job
I may get an opportunity at getting a SAP consultant job, should I do it?
will I be able to get a codemonkey job later on after having some muh personal projects on github?
>>
File: 1708527745170795.png (96 KB, 388x399)
96 KB
96 KB PNG
>>102391763
>SAP consultant
>>
>>102384442
hmu at anonisburtsbees@proton.me with ur resume and github

might have a gig for u
>>
>>102387598
what yoe position? and how many apps exaclty?
>>
>>102391780
how bad is it
>>
File: puma.jpg (80 KB, 753x1024)
80 KB
80 KB JPG
>>102387636

cats and dogs are physical controls inside the defense-in-depth doctrine.
>>
>>102376730
>there's no sort of native window tiling hotkeys nor clipboard manager so you have install 3rd party apps
and the devs of these apps all want money
fuck you, i wont get reimbursed for this shit, so stop demanding a handout
also the existence of displaylink is pathetic - apple intentionally gimped displayport in software (on an intel mac, you dont need displaylink if you run windows) to push their $$$$$$$ thunderbolt displays
why does apple need this kind of handout? is tim apple really that much of a fucking poorfag?
>>
File: tfwnoneetgf.jpg (116 KB, 850x478)
116 KB
116 KB JPG
>Several weeks back, work friend who became manager has a problem with me
>We sit down and I explain my situation, and he agrees to a compromise
>Yesterday during our weekly meeting he got pissed and bitches at me over the thing we personally agreed to, brings up other things as problems, and starts personally insulting me
Surprisingly I didn't have this problem in my previous wagie jobs. Am I going to have to end up quitting before this gets worse?
>>
File: IMG_0643.png (425 KB, 1179x2556)
425 KB
425 KB PNG
>>102377546
Seattle and just as good as it was in 2020/2021.

Had recruiter reach out for TikTok, Snap, Meta, and Microsoft but all meme GenAI stuff which I’m already doing at a startup.

3 yoe and set linkedin to open to work but I probably make more than E5@meta and they want to interview for E4…
>>
>>102375830
>/wdg/ is dead
>most of /twg/ is just unemployed losers (me) and low level IT wagies now
>absolutely none of the shitposts are funny anymore, no gems
what's going on? yet another brain drain? is the tech job market bust lowering interest in tech?
>>102390877
better than nothing. I want to start applying to gubmint gigs but I kinda need remote due to health problems
>>
File: 1715222030442431.jpg (122 KB, 509x808)
122 KB
122 KB JPG
just bee yourself.
>>
File: 1708924849476443.webm (1 MB, 576x1024)
1 MB
1 MB WEBM
notice the prefrontal cortex mog
>>
getting bored of my .net job and all the microsoft slop
wish i could get a go job so bad bros...
>>
>>102392947
Why not rust? There is a lot of hiring for rust devs
>>
Do companies expect me to dump all my PTO on their retarded 5+ round interview process?
>>
Don't wanna make a new thread so I'll ask here.

Am I correct in saying that working as a frontend/backend/fullstack dev doesn't mean that you sit in a chair all day and write code? Isn't it mostly meetings, testing shit and brainstorming?
>>
>>102392990
where? i haven't seen anything except crypto scam companies who want gigaseniors
>>
>>102393564
welcome to the Application Production Line ™.
>>
>>102393564
Testing, designing, documenting, and analyzing logs are all part of the development process. Yeeting code as soon as it's compiled into production servers might be fine for personal projects, but simply doesn't work at scale. Bullshit meetings are a part of all jobs, but if it's more than 10% of your time then you're in an unhealthy organization.
>>
>>102393617
unhealthy as in "high in fat, sugars and other carbohydrates".
>>
>>102393651
All healthy companies are alike; each unhealthy company is shitty in its own way.
>>
>>102393564
The people who code all day are mostly juniors. The more experience you get, the more you get roped into meetings, production issues, testing, and so on.
>>
>>102393676
you fantasize that someone's going to look at your code and your demonstrated success and say "this is amazing, here's all the autonomy, please solve everything in the way you think is best, I have complete faith in you"
but that's not how it goes. instead, you explain a problem and demonstrate a solution really well and they say "you're good at explaining problems. here are 20 other problems we have. can you please explain them to us so we can understand them and decide how you should solve them? oh, also here are some solutions for problems that don't exist that management says you need to make sure get done"
>>
>>102393676
Depends on the company. Bad employees are usually promoted or assigned mundane tasks.
>>
>>102392777
What was the problem?
>>
What should I put as my github picture
>>
>>102393829
I don't use profile pictures. I let the default from the system where I am storing my code.
>>
File: 1726364378105019.jpg (7 KB, 236x250)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
What's the point of working if it will never get me a wife, children, or happiness? Working hard only gets me more work. I spend all my time working. I'm tired.
>>
Please help me make a career choice guys.

job offer 1:
>€95.000/year
>bank
>cloud engineer
>first time being cloud engineer, only studied it
>workers union so i can almost never be fired
>fully remote in EU

Job offer 2:
>€250.000/yr
>network engineer
>been a network engineer for 15 years
>fully on site 100%
>city is a shithole to live in

I’m tired of being a network engineer but that salary is too high to turn down. What would you do anons?
>>
>>102394584
>salary is too high to turn down
you already decided
>>
>>102394584
nice larp
no company in europe pays 250k to some regular employee
>>
File: 1545433335484.jpg (104 KB, 666x636)
104 KB
104 KB JPG
took annual leave to go hunting and help at my kids school and both events got postponed for weather

Guess I'll spend my "tech break" studying CCNA and doing CTF's like I do on the days where I don't take leave.
>>
>>102392069
The problem with taking a SAP, or any ERP, role is that you'll get pigeon holed into it and find it hard to escape because every other role requires cloud experience, which you aren't going to get
>>
My schedule goes as follows

Morning:
30 minutes of barbell exercises
Python leetcode + 1 hour of interview practice
Every Wednesday, i apply to 10 jobs

After lunch:
Webdev for monday to Wednesday
Software testing for friday to saturday
Review 16.00 to 16.40
30 minutes of barbell exercises

What should i do after dinner and on sundays?
Start a blog?
>>
>>102395704
What's a CTF

>>102391763
The fuck did you do for the last 8 months

>>102392947
Pivot to gamedev

>>102394119
Use the money for bitches whose pits you can lick
Maybe start some "game studio" and hire unpaid interns.
>>
>>102396008
Cardio and goon
>>
>have a few bowls on my desk as im eating a few snacks in between tasks
>realize that dropping my phone on the table the bowls make a sound that sounds like the microsoft teams connecting call
>get mini ptsd everytime I put my phone down
wow. that shit raises my anxiety so hard outta nowhere lol
>>
File: 1725902435656787.jpg (66 KB, 568x543)
66 KB
66 KB JPG
>>102375830
I work in enterprise/corporate environment.
How do I decide on which skills I should focus and which ones are just one-off projects that I can setup and forget?
My first project was some ancient propetiary git alternative. I spent 2 months and loads of notes were taken, but few months later it was moved into life-support. The effort was not equal to usefulness of these skills.
>I mastered config file format of abandonware git and some niche java server

How to avoid that in future, and focus only on useful skills?
>>
Unironically any books or courses to help soft skills? My mind gets so frozen in office politics situations.
>>
Did any of you actually teach themselves to code and land a job with it? If so, what job?

I always see people say "learn 2 code", but I rarely hear of people actually doing it and finding success
>>
>>102396769
>but I rarely hear of people actually doing it and finding success
People who say learn2code are liberal art and English major graduates that see skills as something below them. The 2nd group who say that are grifter teachers that get money from gullible people.

If you never picked computers on your own because you find it fun, then it's not for you.
It's a skill based profession like doctor, lawyer, engineer. If you aren't formally taught you need to enjoy it. And learning will never end look my previous post >>102396575.

Literally the worst profession for 90-110 iq normies who "want money".
>>
>>102396822
What if I'm an electronics repairfag but I dunno how to code
>>
>>102396850
Then you are in tech, but why do you want to code? Literally the normiest monkey field of tech?

If you really were repair-fag you'd probably know other tech fields and know if coding is for you or not seeing how most repair people know at least arduino.
>>
>>102396885
If you think being a programmer is the lowest possible position then you've never been a repairmonkey.
>>
>>102396911
>then you've never been a repairmonkey
Sorry, no.
Maybe really try arduino, automate few things and see if it sticks with you. That's what repair people at my company do. But I assume you repair like Rossman, or printers and phones "squad" guys, not like the people who fix electric stuff and do building conservation.
>>
>>102396575
>focus in useful skills
you can't if it's not a part of your job, but everything you learn is generally universal (code, architecture, communication, version control)
fill knowledge gaps with personal projects
>>
>>102396850
do you know electrical engineering concepts or do you just know how to poke things with a multimeter until you get the number you want, or scan for a cracked solder joint?
>>
File: 1721290433083.png (213 KB, 1080x1098)
213 KB
213 KB PNG
>>102396769
>>102396822
It's a career that used to have no barrier to entry because at a certain point in time it was full of people who ran on
>I wish <thing> existed
>Wait, I know how to build <thing>, I'll go do that

but now it's full of skinwalkers who think
>of all the possible jobs I could do, this one has the best salary to effort ratio
and carry this style of min-maxing to solve every problem they come across. If you ask them their favorite color they'll have to survey the entire human race and average them together.
>>
>>102397151
I can read a circuit diagram but I've never like designed one myself
>>
>>102377546
Germany: bad but not US level bad
If I ever have to learn leetcode because of you Americans I will start supporting CHYNA.
>>
>>102377546
it's over
can't get a job
sui time
>>
>>102397103
Focus as in; I can go full autism on that git thing, or simply configure it.

>everything you learn is generally universal
70% of my job are config files for things that don't exist in google and have 1 book from 2003 that covers the most basic configuration, and not the enterprise network hell, like sso adding, if I'm lucky.
>>
>>102397180
>but now it's full of skinwalkers who think
>>of all the possible jobs I could do, this one has the best salary to effort ratio
>and carry this style of min-maxing to solve every problem they come across. If you ask them their favorite color they'll have to survey the entire human race and average them together.
literally me, keep seething autist
>>
>hangover
>3 face to face meetings with possible clients tomorrow about project offers
>need to give them work estimate
I hate programming so fucking much
>>
What are some examples of good portfolio pieces? If I can’t move to silicon valley I’m killing myself.
>>
>>102397869
Lmao better buy a rope now.
>>
File: 1698018522284828.png (1.18 MB, 1024x1024)
1.18 MB
1.18 MB PNG
The job actually gave me depression.
At first I was so eager to get the job to start my career as a young and aspiring professional expecting to find a vibrant, energetic and inspiring place, just like the place I did my internship in.
After Uni my friend group scattered as we found jobs all over the place, some of us wisely got into military service to be done with it asap so that we can have our entire life ahead of us. Naturally I expected to find new friends on my new workplace but everything about it is so antisocial.
Get the task, write the update, submit the code, leave.
Most just get there, punch in, do the 8 hours and leave. The nature of the job itself discourages communication and collaboration but holly fuck man.
I tried so hard at first to get us together, go out, go play basketball. At first I had some success but everyone involved was so heavy and unmotivated that it was a burden that I had exclusively to carry. At some point I just gave up.
Now I am alone with virtually no prospect of improvement.
I should look for other activities elsewhere.
>>
>>102397885
I already have 12 gauge slugs loaded
I’m not fucking around nigger
>>
>>102397904
>military service
Are you Korean? If so, that might be part of why you are depressed. Being born Korean is the anti-lottery
>>
>>102397904
kys extrovert, I will never willingly interact with you outside a work context
>>
>>102398032
Thankfully I am not a bug person.
>>
>Ask boss to let me login Saturdays to finish weekly deliveries
>Login yesterday
>Nobody is there, I can fully concentrate in my work.
>Just drink some coffee and listen to music while finishing work
>With nobody bothering me I literally get half of my week work done in 2.5 hours

I never noticed how much people bothering me for every single thing was delaying the actual work I was being paid to do, its laughable. Any tips on ignoring people at work? I'm tired of people reaching out to me instead of the actual person they should reach out, or reaching out to me for questions that a simple web search could answer.
>>
>>102392777
>>Yesterday during our weekly meeting he got pissed and bitches at me over the thing we personally agreed to, brings up other things as problems, and starts personally insulting me
Did you record it? You should talk to a lawyer about that, because that's harassment.
>>
>>102398538
>responding to a "tough day at work" story with bad advice, instead of emotional support
Your wife hates it when you do this.
>>
>>102398673
Maybe she should shut the fuck up then
>>
>>102396470
>>have a few bowls on my desk as im eating a few snacks in between tasks
Ask me how I know you are fat

>>102396850
Just start learning you retard.
I suggest googling "python tutorial pdf" and starting from that
>>
>>102393617
This is reasonable
>>
>>102397180
I'm somewhere in the middle. I used to really love programming and still do occasionally but the work I do is for a corporate entity that imparts negative value on the world. I think I might quit, turn my house into an airbnb, get a normie job, and just do open source development as a hobby.
>>
>>102398673
>work "friend" becomes manager, and almost as soon as that happens, starts insulting ex-coworker
The new manager might have been a convenient "friend" of that anon, and now that he gained power, he's showing his true face. Anon will have to wait to confirm this, but if he waits for too long, he might find himself fired. IMO he should talk to a lawyer to know what actions he might be able to take before that happens.
But hey, if you care more about your reputation than about your mental health and your paycheck, you can endure the degrading treatment from your manager for as long as you please.
>>
>>102398781
i'm overweight but im bulking right now. what's your 4 lifts at?
>>
Are kamen riders techworkers?
>>
>>102392806
I shall return to teach people about flutter
>>
>>102396470
Why the fuck are you abusing your phone faggot

What about her feelings and screen integrity
>>
>>102396850
Go do machine learning stuff with raspberry pi and arduino just like what the other guy said
Don't waste your knowledge on webshitting
>>
>>102396580
Pretend that you'll get fired if you don't buddy buddy with your peers every single day
>>
File: Fradel_and_Spies_Company.png (222 KB, 1080x1080)
222 KB
222 KB PNG
The only thing i gave a shit about is gamedev, but just like every other place in the world, gamedev pays like shit and with insane hours

Guess I'll keep applying toreact and node jobs then, perhaps even QA since i graduated a year late and I'm turning 24 in May next year. I did have a 12 months of unpaid internship experience though, as a fucking mobile tester at one of the national banks in my country
>>
I am sick of swe. Do you think I can retire with 600k in savings?
>>
>>102399603
you can only retire with a bullet or a heart attack
>>
>sunday evening
>feel tired as if it's friday
this is gonna be a fun week
>>
https://websim.ai/

Why do we still bother to keep up with webdev again?
>>
>>102400534
>WASM cope in 2024
Get a job before posting here.
>>
>>102396047
CTF = capture the flag, pentesting exercises to discover and retrieve a pre-generated key value.v04x
>>
>>102399185
It's more like I just put my phone down and the two bowls wiggle on each other to make that teams sound effect and it's like WHOA
>>
>>102399603
you can retire with half of that
>>
>>102382017
how bad are the jeets there anon?
>>
>>102384879
i constantly see postings from east coast military contracting firms looking for people who can program an FPGA
>>
Is it true that the data from my resume is harvested whenever I submit it to a job? Data which should be privy to anyone who isn't me or the employer.
>>
>>102401533
have you ever wondered why you're getting a shit ton of spam calls?
>>
>>102398107
stupid finn
>>
>>102375830
Currently filling my boots in sales, want to move to tech, the only thing I have a knack for and I do mean the only thing I've ever cared to code in my free time is automating tasks, CLI, GUI never cared, so long as it reduces time and streamlines something I then want to code.
What kind of programmer should I go into? DevOps?
>>
>>102401533
Probably
>>
>>102402325
Really ESL'd it up on that post, far too tired to be posting. State of me.
>>
>>102377959
>fake plastic women
You're hanging out with the wrong women.

>Hattian
No such thing and the city does a good job in enforcing shit

Nothing can beat NYC for how shitty it is to live there
>>
>>102402325
Thought about going into IT instead of programming/software dev?
>>
>>102401533
Oh boy.
>>
>>102384467
Good luck, whoever-that-character-is anon
>>
>>102402413
So long as I don't have to be on the phones and I can automate or streamline the software I'm given I'll be happy basically.
>>
>>102402403
>there's no such thing as people from Haiti living in Miami
I guess you have to be this delusional the believe paying a high premium to live an urban hovel is a fulfilling life. urbanites who tie their identity to their city are no different than megachurch goers
>>
Tomorrow is Monday!
Back to the office, anon!
>>
>>102402775
I know it's funny but your posts actually get to me sometimes.
>>
>>102402325
sounds like DevOps/sysadmin is a good fit, but if you're in the US and don't live in a rural flyover state forget about getting into tech, it's fucked
>>
>>102402403
Hatians have been in Miami for at least 60 years now, probably even longer.
>>
so what IS a good city for tech workers rn?
the entirety of Florida is full of lunatics.
Texas has plenty of jobs but has shit weather, shit power grid. AFAIK not very good urban planning. Same with Phoenix AZ.
the comfy college towns have almost 0 tech jobs.
SF only has jobs if you can solve leetcode hards in 3 seconds and went to a target school

so what is there for the rest of us? Chicago? DC? Mexico City?
>>
Tech companies should not be hiring jeets. Whites and Asians only.
>>
>>102403055
>Asians
where do you think jeets are from retard
anyway nothing's gonna happen both parties just let them come in droves and steal our jobs
>>
>>102403031
moscow
>>
How long will it take me to memorize all the beginner stuff for Java and to be able to write them without needing to look at an example? I need to know to get ready for potential interviews I may have.
>>
>>102382017
Saaar pls gibs me job visa i am working for the $40,000 if can be hiring. I am proud canadian
>>
>>102384444
>>102384444
WITNESSED, MODDDIE >>102384444

GET ON IT ASAP!!!!!!
>>102384444
>>102384444
>>
>>102384207
It's already over. Sys admins make like $50k a year now. You have to be a cloudfag or a securityfag now
>>
File: 1594522981143.png (1.02 MB, 1912x792)
1.02 MB
1.02 MB PNG
another day another burger.
>>
>>102384207
Calligraphy, The Taxonomy of land mammals in Central South America, Basic Shipwright skills, the crystalline structure of various metals when exposed to different pressures and temperatures, How to pass a few CompTIA exams, the topology of numbers on the complex plane
>>
Is there a comprehensive list of all certs that are relevant to programming?
>>
File: 1708164238391.jpg (64 KB, 1280x720)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
>>102404804
I want to see an Eric Andre bit where he goes in for a coding interview and says
>You GOTTA hire me dude, I'm a 10 year GitHub veteran. I'm Crashlytics certified. I'm Agile Essentials certified.
>>
>have interview, goes well
>salary is 75k
>okay that's awful but I'm desperate
>6 more interviews needed
How can they be this blatant with H1B fishing? I'm going to punch a wall. I should go into HVAC.
>>
I accepted an offer in Idaho. Will I adapt well if I'm from Seattle? Only planning staying there for 1-2 years.
>>
File: 1594791905943.png (870 KB, 786x1205)
870 KB
870 KB PNG
>>102377546
Live in East Bay/Lamorinda area of California. Want a new job that pays more than what I currently earn, but I only had one interview and can't get further with anything else right now. Thankful that I at least get to work 100% from home and be comfy.
>>
>>102404978
This shit is insufferable as an employed job seeker. I'm not taking several days of PTO so you can tell me at the end that you went with another candidate.
>>
>>102403031
Chicago is underrated but very underpaid. Awesome city for dating and activities. I was a virgin until 31 when I moved here after living in Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Seattle,
Seattle is nice but expensive and you will legitimately be an incel there no matter what. Not even joking, every other attractive, rich guy I met was single and had trouble dating. The gender ratio is fucked there.
LA is ass and people suck ass, best food though
San Francisco is the single worst place I've ever lived in. Evil place.
>>
>>102405003
Boise? I lived in Washington the past ~10 years and honestly I prefer the rockies, but Idaho is filled with so many outsiders now you won't feel out of place.
>>
Please not again. Please don't make me do it again. Please let me rest a little longer I'm so tired.
>>
>hate job
>get laid off
>hate being broke
>hate job hunt
>find job
>remember how much work sucks
it never ends
>>
>>102405067
What were your experiences like in San Francisco? I grew up in the Bay Area and still live here after 29 years of life; I don’t really have any perspective of what it’s like to live outside of here.
>>
>>102401441
Not him but live here too, it depends on your lifestyle
The punjabi students are all crushingly poor and live in crummy areas that are almost all student housing. If you have upper middle class money you don't intersect with them much. But get on a bus and I guarantee you can count the non-Indians on one hand
They're also completely unskilled and enrolled in diploma mills so they've only ruined the low end of the labor market. Kids here don't even bother trying to find cashier jobs anymore because there are just none left
>>
>>102405235
>>
>>102405608
I look exactly like this when I say that. It's uncanny.
>>
File: 1707542800267295.jpg (118 KB, 1280x720)
118 KB
118 KB JPG
>>102388350
I use it all the time. It is perfect for boilerplates and it completely replaced reading any docs. I abandoned all my cheatsheets as well. Hell I even use it for personal stuff.
>>
File: cat.gif (15 KB, 220x147)
15 KB
15 KB GIF
How many lines of code is the product you work on?
>>
>>102406202
what button do i press in visual studio or rider to tell me
>>
should i learn haskell, lisp, or rust? realistically, rust will have the best career impact (especially in my field), but it's just so god damn ugly
>>
>>102406202
My side project is 22k lines (27k if including blanks).
My open source project is 5k lines (8k with blanks).
>>
>>102406226
>visual studio or rider
don't bother, it's .NET so it's at least 10 trillion lines of code for a basic CRUD
>>102406281
all that code and still unemployed that's crazy
>>
>>102406202
If any standalone program is over 5k lines it is too large :)
>>
>>102406226
>>102406281
>>102406295
you must be employed to post in this thread
>>
File: 1697527807374468.jpg (103 KB, 1053x1021)
103 KB
103 KB JPG
>>102406438
I'm unemployed but monitor this thread (one day I'll grow the balls to self-improov, I swear (probably not, I'm already old and life has passed me by))
>>
if you get a job, here's some key tips

1. always look busy, not on your phone, not in lala land, not out of your desk for half the day. you're going to get barely any work but at least put some effort in trying to learn something rather than wasting your time. do something.

2. help your seniors with their projects. don't be straight up "spoonfeed me" but try to stay somewhat interested, know when to politely leave if they're stressed and busy though. nobody wants an annoying rat.
3. stay away from work gossip. don't take sides on the first week, that's how you get shot in the foot

4. ask smart questions, a couple of times in the first month for spoonfeeding questions but anything after that and you're just going to end up being the annoying one. don't just send a part of your code to your senior with no context and be like "it doesn't work".

5. When you pass an interview, you do not get a lifetime tenured position: You get a job with heavy scrutiny in the first couple of months. This is to check that you can do the job, not just pass interview questions.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (55 KB, 1280x720)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>1 year experience in mostly webshit but some database work
>3.5 years of straight webshit get ordered by Star Command to make a button I slap that shit down deposit hits thank you
When I look at actual software my brain melts
Good times create weak men
>>
>>102397182
Coding is not for you then.
>>
>>102406561
>>102406568
>>
>>102406554
This is some pretty useless advice. Every piece of it is either really obvious or entirely context dependent
>>
>>102406276
rust a jonnie old hunk of shit
>>
>>102406582
zoomers don't know how to present themselves in professional setting. this should be ingrained over and over in their dumb little heads if they want to "make it"
>>
>>102406561
>I am dumb and a bad programmer
>I can only do brain-dead webshit
Thanks for letting us know?
>>
>>102406561
>>3.5 years of straight webshit get ordered by Star Command to make a button I slap that shit down deposit hits thank you
i don't understand this part
>>
> "it's now the engineers' problem"
>>
how much do I have to drink to not wake up tomorrow
>>
>>102375830
My burner still has a subscription to a few 'learn programming' subreddits from a year ago when I was first learning. Every time I ever check the sit e, there is a post being there like 'I want to learn to code, how do I do that?'. But brother there's a big FAQ list of a bajillion resources. Or you can just search 'how to learn to code' and get even more. I feel like if you have to go through the trouble of making a whole reddit post (a miserable process) in order to ask that question, maybe you're not cut out.

I am being needlessly cruel and realistically, learning to seek out answers by yourself is a skill, and it's very possible they will learn that skill as they go. But every time I see one of those posts I'm like damn, what are you gonna do when you run into problems, make another reddit post?
>>
>>102406715
If you don't wake up tomorrow you'd be missing daily standup, and you'd miss a chance to burn points off of your sprint tasks, and that would ruin our team's burndown chart. How could you be so selfish?
>>
>>102406715
there's no escape. numbing yourself is the best you can do without inviting worse consequences.
>>
>>102406715
Waking up is not to tough, anon, with Folgers in your cup!
>>
File: cuntzaki.jpg (151 KB, 750x1000)
151 KB
151 KB JPG
Those who don't gamedev won't survive!
>>
File: 1725343356327438.jpg (124 KB, 700x1104)
124 KB
124 KB JPG
any blockers?
>>
File: latest-1385247296.jpg (267 KB, 1059x1500)
267 KB
267 KB JPG
>>102406561
>>
File: 1702559823653022.jpg (64 KB, 900x810)
64 KB
64 KB JPG
ANY
BLOCKERS?
>>
I'm going to take tomorrow off sick and masturbate all day.
>>
>>102397904
If you are skilled and European, I can strongly recommend you to apply for a job at CERN. Fun place to be and a lot of smart, skilled and motivated people. It is a fun place to be.

People at work don't want to socialize with you, that's fine, find a social group outside of work, or possibly a friend or two from your office. From my experience, as long as my colleagues are somewhat interested in doing a good job and bring a positive energy, the office can be nice. But it is hell when people just hate their job and/or just do the bare minimum and drag the energy down and just tolerate the job until the weekend comes. I found it the best when I work with people who have some pride in their work. Find social fulfillment outside of work, it is the only way.
>>
>>102407044
You know, that's what we need more of. Gamification of software. Turn Microsoft word into an RPG.
>>
File: touya.jpg (305 KB, 630x720)
305 KB
305 KB JPG
>Saw what I worked on for my job posted on another board
feels good
>>
>>102405394
Fellow 29 year old who shay has lived in the bay area their entire life reporting in. San Francisco is not for me. They ran out of space for things and now everything is over crammed.
>>
>>102406202
Whole product is in the millions. Lots of tech debt from throughout the years. The features I work on I think comes out to be around 50k lines.
>>
>>102408348
>>102408348
>>102408348
>>102408348
>>102408348

MIGRATE LEGALLY, H1B AND L1 VISA ONLY!!!

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.