[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1724206926025890.jpg (266 KB, 1014x1280)
266 KB
266 KB JPG
I have a URL that, when pasted, provides a PDF. However, this PDF only opens when I'm connected to my company's VPN. If I try to download the PDF without the VPN, the download stops. How can I get this PDF?

When I try to download that PDF from my company PC, the download is blocked by Chrome, and I can't even install extensions.

I need that PDF no matter what
>>
>he wants to steal company secrets
oh no no no
>>
>>102402221
wget it and put it on a usb
>>
>>102402250
that PDF contain the training matter , i need to pass my job test.

fuck, help me g, In my bad time.
>>
>>102402322
I cant open any software in that PC, everything is lock , expect file explore
>>
Why can't you take a picture with your phone?
>>
>>102402221
>chang attempts to steal company secrets
>>
>>102402221
Nigger this is not possible. Apply yourself.
>>
try the acrobat reader extension, maybe it has a way to export from there.
>>
File: 1678527279819962.jpg (6 KB, 241x209)
6 KB
6 KB JPG
Just connect to the VPN
>>
>>102402337
dont worry, that company prob doesnt want to employ you anyway if you cant manage to dl a pdf
>>
>>102402482
It's 2am. Go to sleep rabhijeet
>>
>good afternoon saar
>>
print -> save as pdf

enjoy jail
>>
>>102402221
Do you have access to printing while on the VPN? What would stop you from printing to PDF, saving that new PDF file, then disconnecting from the VPN with your "printed" file?
>>
>>102402979
>>102402221

also this is probably a bad idea all around so don't do it op.
>>
>>102402221
Why does that building look like a cpu cooler?
>>
this is what you do OP:

1) block the webcam on the device if it has one
2) open the PDF and then scroll through it at a normal pace
3) record it with your cellphone, use a 4k or 8k recording so that the text is legible later, prefer high fps mode for extracting stills.

caveman approach but it leaves no evidence on the computer that you were copying stuff
>>
>>102402221
Try printing the PDF.
Try using Edge or Internet Explorer if it's available.
Try just asking for it? "Hey can you forward this training PDF to my personal email, I'd like to study it some more in my own time"- can't imagine anyone objecting unless it's secret proprietary info.
>>
>>102402221
Just remember that they can have hidden embedded unique identifiers that link them straight back to you. If you want to reduce risks of being identified you can print out the files and then rescan them as new pdfs
>>
>>102404876
a slightly more tech approach to this is a physical capture card.
>>
>>102402221
How are you this stupid?
Just fucking go to work and read the damn thing.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.