[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Beside "nhd15" ??

right now my cpu is i9 14900k
>>
>>102402887
that is the best one you nigger jew hybrid
>>
Nothing because it'll catch fire, you can't air cool fire with a 120mm, let alone stop the spread
>>
NH-D15S is more practical imo
>>
Peerless Assassin SE. Performs as well as a high end $100+ Noctua but regularly goes for $30-40 on Amazon
>>
>>102402887
>14900k
you're going to need liquid nitrogen to cool that piece of shit
>>
>>102402887
It's one of the best and even that struggles with just my 5800X3D on a summer day. Imagine thinking you could air cool a 300 watt Intel waste of sand.
>>
>>102403915
Surpassed by the phantom spirit EVO
>>
>>102402887
>Beside "nhd15" ??
NHD15 G2
>>
>>102402887

14900K can't be air cooled properly, it needs an AIO cooler, AIO are cheap
>>
>>102402887
>i9 14900k
seriously, why should you buy intel right now? Looking for a new built, but I am still astonished that people buy these chips. Only reasonable argument I've found that Idle power draw for ryzen is much higher, but that doesn't really matter for such a high end chip that also has to run under full load a lot of the time because the user obviously needs the performance.
Is there something I've overseen?
>>
>>102405017
>Only reasonable argument I've found that Idle power draw for ryzen is much higher,
It isn't that much higher though. 5-10W at worse. The only reason to get Raptor Lake is you running something that is extremely parallel on the relatively cheap (Thanks to those 16 E-core on full-enabled SKU), but you have weight it against tweaking the chip to sane voltages and clockspeed to prevent it from cooking itself at load.
>>
>>102404971
Yes, you can run a 14900K with air-cooling. It'll just not reach the target max boost clockspeeds nor you should try do it anyway, as most yields cannot hit them without resorting to suicide-run tier voltages.
Most CPUs don't need water-cooling. You can argue that is required on high-clock SKUs of Threadripper PROs or Xeon W.
>>
>>102402887
Currently the absolute best is the ID-Cooling A720 but it's loud as fuck.
>>
>>102405017
High single thread performance with no need for avx-512. Good compile speed. I'll wait for arrow lake benchmarks, but will probably build a 14900k workstation. Now that other people have extensively field tested it, it should be solid on one of the supermicro motherboards that support ECC.
>>
>>102406214
>I'll wait for arrow lake benchmarks, but will probably build a 14900k workstation
You better tweak that 14900K or just wait for Arrow Lake which hopefully will retain performance without requiring suicide-run tier voltages to achieve it.
>>
a dense finned, board bending heatpipe tower and a 300cfm fan
eg. thermalright true copper + delta gfc1212dw

it's too damn loud but it'll git er done

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.