[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1565071262_2.jpg (84 KB, 915x900)
84 KB
84 KB JPG
why dont they make CPUs/GPUs with a ceramic cover instead of steel? isnt ceramic much more thermally efficient?
>>
Doesn't matter when they're putting the cheapest most garbage TIM underneath the heat spreader so it dries out completely and stops making contact within 10 years and grenades your thermal performance.
I'm not about to delid my haswell and I had to do a 100mV undervolt to get good temps.
>>
>steel
are you retarded? IHS are made of copper plated with nickel.
>>
>>102415321
Didn't Intel stop that shit like 5 years ago?
>>
>>102415321
thermal glue doesn't 'dry' retard
and except for the 4th - 8th gen most cpus are soldered instead of glued.
>>
>>102415957
one of the improvements with haswell refresh was improved pigeon shit
pre refresh haswells get really hot now if not delidded
>>
>>102416018
Intel CPUs after SB were 'hot' for OC from factory, afaik no one ever showed evidence that the TIM ages.
That's one of the reasons of the 'Eternal SB' meme and 'Delid this'.
>>
>>102416075
Yes they were hot to begin with but now theyre worse
I'm not speaking from experience, I have a haswell refresh that runs at 44C full load
>>
File: Strain_insulators.jpg (322 KB, 1500x997)
322 KB
322 KB JPG
>>102415130
With some exceptions, things that are electrically conductive are usually also thermally conductive. Metals are electrically conductive, that's why they're used to make wires. Ceramics are electrical insulators, that's why they're used to make the insulators on power poles.
>>
>>102415130
Why don't they make them out of ice so they always stay cool?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.