[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: forevercomputer.jpg (361 KB, 1280x960)
361 KB
361 KB JPG
>>
>>102416420
I'm working on a ESP32 based wifi capable ssh client + terminal emulator that runs for hours on a single aa battery + boost circuit on it's own.
All I need is a passive reflective LCD with decent resolution and size that can somehow interface with the ESP32.
>>
Agreed. Best option is probably uconsole or anything you make yourself on armshit
>>
>>102416420
You could make something way better than that and run it off rechargeable 18650 batteries. Just look at the 'cyberdeck' type stuff people make, and make it look nicer like the omnibook instead of cringe.
>>
>>102416420
which window manager is that? Kind of reminds me of the one OpenBSD uses by default when X11 is installed
>>
looks like a GPD win mini
>>
>>102416599
thats windows 3.0
maybe even 2
>>
>>102416823
Oh. Ewww
>>
>>102416420
you can get DVI out of the raspberry pico, also has interent so a small computer running on just two AA's isn't too outlandish nowadays
>>
>>102416599
>which window manager is that?
i hate /g/ so much it's unreal.
>>
>>102416599
it's OG CDE
>>
>>102416514
I have a Linux ESP-32 that I've interfaced to my TRS-80 model 100. There was an old termcap entry for it in some ancient version of Linux I dug up so I didn't have to write my own. It technically fits into the expansion bay but my only problem is I can't find a good way to power it on demand when I initiate the serial connection from the comm program. That's my last snag.
>>
>photo caught screen mid-refresh
SOVL
>>
>>102416420
It's hard to find a screen that would last with AA batteries. Most high pixel monochrome screens are either something you need to dig up from 90s tech and reverse engineer to actually drive it or some expensive tech that went out of stock 1-2 years ago
>>
>>102418688
E-ink is modern and available, but of course you have the refresh rate issue and it's not cheap.
>>
>>102418779
E-ink has horrible refresh rate and is expensive as you said. I don't get why companies trying to push e-ink screens when they can just make high-res monochrome screens with high refresh rate
>>
>>102418779
Sharp memory LCDs would be a good choice if there's one big enough, much better refresh rate and super low power usage (they were made to compete with e-ink).
Probably still expensive unfortunately.
>>
>>102418892
E-ink still displays when powered off. Big advantage for certain applications.
>>102416420
The Omnibooks were UMPCs before UMPCs. The ideal situation would be to somehow take a shell and keyboard like that and put some modern hardware in it.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.