[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: GXZr32ZbwAINSuy.jpg (352 KB, 2048x1176)
352 KB
352 KB JPG
Terence Tao is the greatest mathematician in the world. According to him:

GPT-4o: Completely incompetent graduate student

o1-preview: Mediocre but not completely incompetent graduate student

If you can't see the writing on the wall, I'm sorry but you are incurably retarded.
>>
>>102420478
>completely omit the last part of his statement

not sure who is jewing who here
>>
File: suicide borderlher.png (1.44 MB, 1067x993)
1.44 MB
1.44 MB PNG
Nigga are you a fucking retard?
Terence Tao is probably the smartest person alive, of course ChatGPT isn't at his level yet.
Have you ever seen the level of the average American/European college graduate student? I can guarantee you, ChatGPT is way more capable than most college students I have met.
>>
>>102420666
>If I pretend to not know what a sigmoid curve looks like I can still do my job shilling for LLMs
Neat. Next time post hotter girls.
>>
File: 1726564231617.jpg (149 KB, 1200x869)
149 KB
149 KB JPG
The writing on the wall is that you need massive infrastructure, a shit ton of electricity and hardware and burn trillions of dollars per year to do what a graduate student can do for minimum wage, a recommendation, 6 pieces of chicken nuggets and telling him "good job!"

AItards are delusional.
>>
>>102420478
Yet it still can't design or implement a non standard EKF. Call me when it can do that.
>>
>>102422993
I don't believe you've actually tried to have o1 do that. I doubt you've even used it. You're talking about some gay shit you tried a year ago with a GPT model.
>>
>>102420478
>If you can't see the writing on the wall, I'm sorry but you are incurably retarded.
Yes, people said the same when Deep Blue beat Kasparov in 1997.
>>
>>102423010
I tried it and it didn't get far, not sure why you are so defensive about a product that isn't even yours.
>>
>>102422909
Right now they are focused on upscaling and training but once a comfortable enough level of capability is reached, it shouldn't be impossible to focus on electricity.
Considering what corporations pays software engineers, these models could still be considered cost cutting on a long enough time-frame, should they become capable enough, which I doubt for now.
>>
>>102420478
yea, I've put it to the test multiple times with simple algorithms I usually do with pencil on paper and it always fails me. simply put, what we have is over-hyped retarded garbage. and it will stay that way for at least another decade. I am sure fusion will be practical before this shit is.
>>
>>102423010
>tried to have o1 do that.
no shit, nobody is going to pay for your shit service Altman. Go kill yourself.
>>
>>102420478
Imagine listening to someone who looks like this.
>>
>>102420478
Stop fucking around with chatGPT and work on the Riemann Zeta Hypothesis you cuck

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.