[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 6.png (55 KB, 1254x687)
55 KB
55 KB PNG
Hey /gee/, I’m looking for solid resources on malware development, particularly books that aren’t outdated. I’m not interested in basic "hacking" guides, but something that dives deeper into how modern malware is created and operates. Any recommendations?
>>
Wholesome frog and swede image or something
>>
windows internals + maldevacademy
>>
>>102423935
It's a dark art. You're not gonna find anything, only RE guides. Just learn low-level languages like C, ASM, C++ or Rust even. Good luck
>>
>>102423935
wholesome
>>
File: 122523651_p0_master1200.jpg (697 KB, 822x1200)
697 KB
697 KB JPG
>>102423935
It really, really depends on your end goal. Are you looking to develop malware for Windows specifically, or for other operating systems like Linux? If you're interested in creating something like ransomware, which could encrypt files and demand a ransom for decryption, you’ll need to explore various techniques for encryption and secure communications. For a practical start, I’d suggest looking into Windows internals to understand the operating system’s behavior and vulnerabilities. Also, consider learning Rust. It’s a language that’s increasingly used in security and malware development due to its focus on safety and performance. Rust is challenging to reverse engineer because of its strong type system and memory safety features, which can make it harder to analyze and decompile compared to languages with less strict safety guarantees.
>>
>>102424039
edit: I know Linux is technically a kernel, but I mean the entire OS ecosystem built around it
>>
>>102423965
this
>>
File: toc.png (20 KB, 233x552)
20 KB
20 KB PNG
>>102423935
>I’m not interested in basic "hacking" guides, but something that dives deeper into how modern malware is created and operates
Have you even read the "basic" hacking guides? Because they do cover how shit operates (unless it's just a Kali-Linux tutorial).
>outdated
If someone publishes an exploit, then no shit it gets patched shortly thereafter. But you said you wanted to learn how stuff operates, and the principles of network communication, command and control, attack payloads, encryption, etc... are still there.
Maybe there's some new stuff like I2P or TOR, or interesting fingerprinting techniques particular to modern environments (e.g. Docker/WSL)? But how about you actually fucking read a book first, rather than navel-gazing about the speculative value of books because they were published 10 years ago. It's a fucking book, they don't take that long to read. Then decide its value.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.