[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: microsoft.png (195 KB, 480x282)
195 KB
195 KB PNG
>save an Excel file in documents
>it goes to some obscure documents folder related to OneDrive that isn't visible anywhere
>go back to Excel and select "Open file location" so I can copy it somewhere else
>it opens the file location in some dialog box that doesn't allow me to copy the file
>>
>>102424300
Microsoft fucked up by still keeping legacy UI while pushing a new one with less features. Now you have two separate UI for everything - file location, context menu, settings etc.
Windows 10/11 is frankenstein and I hope they will finally unify everything in Windows 12.
>>
>>102424361
That's not even the issue, it's that the new UI sucks, it's annoying to use, misses basic features and they created different directories with the same name only creating more confusion.
>>
>>102424361
>unify everything in Windows 12.
By killing the legacy UI and forcing power users to use pooshell hacks
>>
>>102424393
New UI lacks features because the old one is allowed to exist. If MS strictly ordered developers to migrate fucking everything to new UI, we wouldn't have to deal with current situation.
>>102424418
You can't change everything in legacy UI anymore, so MS should just all the stuff already.
>>
I think Poosoft dev teams, aside from lacking competency, haven't understood that a PC OS should not mimick a smartphone's. They've been implementing smartphone-like interfaces since Windows 10 because they somehow got in their mind that it is what users want, when for a productivity use case with large screen sizes (because PCs are either used for work or gaming, not for casually opening an app or doing a quick search like smartphone's), it does not make any sense at all to make it feel or like a smartphone's UI.
>>
>>102424300
i like how they disabled legacy workbook sharing in excel and buried it in some niggerlicious menu option, ultimately replacing it with "co-authoring" which sucks so fucking bad that most of the search results are for disabling it and reverting back to justwerks™ legacy workbook sharing.

microsoft management deserves to be publicly lynched.
>>
>>102424451
>New UI lacks features because the old one is allowed to exist.
Doubt that's the only reason, it just feels wrong. Have you tried the new UI in Office? Unless you're saving in the few predetermined directories that are shown (applications, desktop, etc...) it's a pain in the ass to find what you want. Again, it's the dumb idea that a computer OS needs to look like a smartphone's that is causing this.
>>
>>102424300
What makes you think you should have access to their files?
>>
>>102424300
Don't worry, soon they'll remove the obsolete "save to hard drive" option.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.