[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: vinyl-vs-flac.png (817 KB, 1280x664)
817 KB
817 KB PNG
Now that we have access to ASICs and powerful computers, which one is better? Digital or analog? Digital is too sterile, too clean, has no soul. Analog is too fucking fragile, but it is warm and so soulfull. It has character. But man, analog gear is expensive.
>>
File: 1698440402440319.jpg (30 KB, 400x450)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
for me its analog (camel)
>>
>>102431068
I smoke Marlboro Reds but I recently got sick and my throat stings way too bad whenever I take a puff.
>>
>>102431068
is it just me or is that camel kinda sexy? also smoking is gay and retarded
>>
yeah
>>
>>102433085
camel kisser
>>
File: clay-wm-2717284297.png (31 KB, 550x199)
31 KB
31 KB PNG
>>102430850
for me, it's a clay pipe identical to picrel, and my own unsauced blend
>>
>>102430850
>Digital is too sterile, too clean, has no soul.
this is why I encode my flacs to 128kbps mp3 and then back to flac. the hf rolloff adds a nice warmth and the compression artifacts add a nice satisfying crunch.
>>
>>102435033
>he listens to stale transcodes
that's nothing, I take THOSE flacs and then live-transcode them back to mp3. really makss the CPU transcoding noises come through my $3 chinese usb sound card nicely.
>>
>>102430850
>>102431085
Marlboro Reds are disgusting, overrated cigarettes but slightly better than Niggerettes (Newports). The only good Marlboro are Southern Cuts
>>
>>102435055
a fellow audiopedophile
>>
>>102435091
How blacks afford Newport's is beyond me. I get a pack of fags for about half the price idk why it matters to pay double just for the sexy packaging or whatever. I suppose the higher price tag is some form of jewery marketing tactic to convince a poor fucker that their expensive purchase was worth the cost when they'll still struggle to pay rent or buy Wonderbread. But at that point I'd just get the generic store brand.
>>
>>102430850
>cigarettes
>vapes
Anything more than a cigarette or two while drinking is incredibly gay.
>>
>>102430850
Love me some cigarillos. Romeo y julieta.
>>
>>102430850
why do I smell cigarette smoke in this thread? disgusting.
>>
File: 1726658844404.jpg (154 KB, 600x608)
154 KB
154 KB JPG
>>102431068
same
>>
>smoking is... le good
Kill yourself. Oh wait, you're already working on it.
>>
Analog gear makes the act of using the medium more deliberate, thus making the action feel more rewarding in itself. If I want to watch a VHS movie, I have to seek out someone selling it, buy the tape, wait for it to arrive, take it to where the VCR and the TV is, etc. If it's digital I'll probably just click a link on any of my digital devices. I feel similarly about "smoking technology", electric toothbrushes and most other tech.

>>102433085
It's no coincidence that the words "camel" and "beautiful" are very similar in Arabic.
>>
>>102430850
Analog is definitely soulful. Digital recordings are unable to capture psychic/esoteric energies. When you listen to a true analog recording you are spiritually connected with the artist, separated by time and space and yet together in the same room. Unfortunately like life nothing lasts forever, an analog recording is a fragment of the essence of the artist maybe long dead, but eventually even that fragment fades into nothing.

There really needs to be more research into preservation of analog recordings. If possible we need to try and develop a digital medium that can preserve psychic energy. I believe clock jitter is one of the main causes of the destruction of psychic energy, maybe cryogenic electronics could be the key.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.