[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: jkPsRO12.jpg (89 KB, 640x877)
89 KB
89 KB JPG
my old rotting first gen razer krakens finally croaked and i cant find a replacement listing for under 80$ and first gen razer krakens are not worth 80$.

anyone have a suggestion for new headphones? i enjoy spatial sound for gaming, and audio quality for music listening and movie watching. mic is preferred, but absolutely not necessary. i have a cheap sybasonic dac. budget is 100-150$ usd.
>>
File: 5155990.jpg (68 KB, 650x650)
68 KB
68 KB JPG
let me clarify something else, it has to be over-ear. on-ears make my ears sore and in-ears fall out way too easy, no matter the size and shape.
>>
FiiO FT1 is very good and will meet your needs. Not a headset, those are for fags. If you can stretch your budget out, the trust DT770 will last your decades if you aren't some disgusting goblin, but the parts are serviceable and there's even a new limited version with a detachable cable which just adds to the already impressive longevity. MDR7506 is another oldie, but definitely a goodie. Cheap, too.

Open-backs are better than closedbacks, but if you're not ready for that, go for the aforementioned sets. If you are willing to try, SHP9500 memes are still good in 2024, K702, HD560S, Fidelio X2HR, HE400SE, stretch your budget out a bit and look at the HD6xx if you're an American, they are the HD650, but cheaper and will solve 99.9% of all your headphone needs now and in the future. They don't have nigger bass. You have been warned. You have more options. If you are paranoid, stick to the Sennheisers and Beyerdynamics. They are built well and have parts that you can easily replace. If you need further advice, study what type of sound signature you want first and then work your way into comparing reviews. A lot of cum guzzlers will be shills, be aware. /hpg/ is mostly dead because headphones are a solved technology and snake oil merchants are the only ones releasing anything these days for thousands and thousands of dollars. That and Sennheiser, who release headphones every 20 years (lol), but if you see a /hpg/ thread, ask there. Anons are jaded as fuck, but they can help you out.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.