[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1706231825885285.png (33 KB, 778x466)
33 KB
33 KB PNG
Firefox. Only Firefox does this. There is no answer to this anywhere on the internet. It is ridiculous. Certain videos give this fucking error, most don't. What the fuck is the solution to this bullshit?
>>
Never happened on my machine, inb4 you use F*dora
>>
>>102436714
You probably need to install some codec
>>
>>102436714
Missing codecs? I've not had this issue myself on Tumbleweed with codecs
>>
>>102436714
>Firefox
I found the problem!
>>
>>102436714
On Linux, for videos that can't be decoded by built-in decoders, libavcodec from ffmpeg is loaded at runtime to try to decode said media.
To see what versions of libavcodec your firefox build will try to load, you can run this (`strings` is a part of `binutils`):
strings /path/to/libxul.so |grep -E 'libavcodec.*so'

It's highly unlikely that your installed ffmpeg version is not one that firefox tries to load.
Which leaves option 2, which is what >>102436871 alluded to, you have a retardedly limited ffmpeg version. In the case of fedora, you need to install ffmpeg from the rpmfusion repo so you get a "freeworld" libavcodec.
>>
>>102436714
They're hevc videos. If you aren't on windows good luck playing them in any browser. If you are on windows, you have to update firefox, install the hardware hevc decoder from the windows store and enable the hevc config in firefox.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.