[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1696912186816253.jpg (54 KB, 600x900)
54 KB
54 KB JPG
What's the consensus of AI so far?

From what I can tell, the average AI fag lacks art fundamentals to make a stronger piece beyond waifu fan art of their wifu.
>>
>>102438989
It's revealing artists' worst fear–that their value has nothing to do with imitational quality and it's all in the personality, putting them on the same level as cartoonists. Cartoonists, however, despite being completely safe fail to learn this lesson and get demoralized and give up.
>>
Good artists are still safe because AI does not offer the level of control that you have by just drawing by hand, prompting will never be able to match that. 1girl and coomer artists on twitter are kind redundant now tho
>>
Fuck off Cris
>the average AI fag lacks art fundamentals to make a stronger piece beyond waifu fan art of their wifu.
Literally you
>>
File: 1721739132671884.jpg (126 KB, 1024x1024)
126 KB
126 KB JPG
>uploads his shit to the internet
>is furious that people with internet access can use it to train ai
You have no understanding of how Internet functions, yet for some reason we need your "permission" and to "credit" you somehow, artcel.
Your arguments are weak, laughable even.
>b-but ai art is theft
The AI itself does not contain any of the images it was trained on, only weights that can create something similar to them, but never an exact copy. If it replicated the input data set, it would be overfitted. Therefore, AI art is ok from the point of fair usage. You cannot argue against it, while supporting fan art.
>b-but it can't draw anything it has not seen before
Neither can you, your knowledge and skills are limited by your experience.
>b-but muh soul
Usually this one comes from reddit atheists, of all people. Maybe that is why they still fail to provide a definition of the soul or solid criteria, by which something has soul or it doesn't.
>b-but think of the artists
Why would I not use a tool that has comparable output quality, but is way cheaper and faster? Nobody owes you a job whether you like it or not. Besides, real humans develop AI models, Stable Diffusion has an entire community of people. Why do I have to care about the artists more than any of the people I've mentioned?
>>
>>102438989
>cris is once again on his ai arc
>>
AI cannot iterate reliably and cannot export .psd layers that aren't enormous messes. AI 3d models have 800x more tris than necessary and can't optimize bones or splines. It's not replacing anyone actually in the industry because it's literally just more expensive to use.

Where it is useful, however, is generative filling and content aware repairing or upscaling to assist actual artists and audio engineers from doing tedious work.
>>
>>102440122
You are clearly nowhere near the creative industry and it shows. I really hope you can get out of your "aspiring artist" phase and actually get paid to do real work.
>>
>>102440554
>"aspiring artist" phase
Never said I am one, I just use flux and SDXL whenever I need to make visuals to my coding projects or just for fun.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.