[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1716106082872752.png (489 KB, 872x656)
489 KB
489 KB PNG
What are some good hobbies for tech workers?
>>
Masturbating to cartoons
>>
>>102443475
Which cartoons are we talking about, anon?
>>
>>102443460
spy x family is the best manga to come out in the last decade. what a shining soul purifying hopeful gem
>>
>>102444724
The ones OP posted
>>
>>102443460
I think that the final destination of anyone who likes technology is electronics but it's so fucking hard that you need IQ over 120 to make anything meaningful aside of "Hello World" with a table of leds.
>>
>>102446578
And If you are too brainlet for electronics at least learning some basics of electricity is the best cope for any person who loves technology but you are too stupid for electronics.

It's my opinion though.
>>
>>102443475
>>102444724
>>102444738
Anal x Becky
>>
>>102446578
I feel the call but I don't really know where to start with electronics. I've heard the term breadboard before and I know electrical circuits (in theory), but actually put an Arduino or whatever the fuck in front of me and I'll just be confused with what to do with the wires and shit. Also once I did get an led to light up I don't know how I'd begin to cross the knowledge chasm to making a functioning.. thing.

I'd like to make an RC boat though.
>>
>>102446687
There is an electronic thread in /diy/. You can also try leddit and see if it's your call and you have the aptitude.
>>
>>102446843
Thanks anon, I don't think I have the aptitude but if I ever do I'll start there. The roll for a project link in the OP is pretty cool - I wish I'd found something like that for coding projects
>>
>>102446923
Yeah, I mean if you can learn to use an Arduino for automation you will have achieved more than anyone who programs in meme languages or install Arch in his 15yo laptop.

Keep going.
>>
>>102443460
gooning
>>
>>102443460
Anything that relaxes you and keeps you happy. Working out is also good
>>
>>102444724
You can gather ideas on /h/ and /e/, friend. That is their specialty.
>>
>>102443460
Touching grass.
>>
>>102443460
If I stayed in IT, by now I'd have gone into semi-professional noose testing.
>>
Translating Sumerian Sanskrit tablets to english
>>
Photography.
>>
Reading Chinese webnovels
>>
>>102449943
this. basically fucking around and socializing without having to strain your brain. e.g. go to cafe and just sit there with drink, or go to hangout with friends without working on a project and just sitting around.
>>
>>102446578
>>102446687
>>102443475
>/g/

>>102452431
Talking to normies is brain damaging.

What I gather is most of you with no exceptions would simply starve to death or die from exposure WHEN the power grid fails. You should work on that first. If all you can think of is solar and generators and shit, just lay down and die already.
>>
>>102443460
Gardening, camping, hicking etc
>>
>>102446578
>you need IQ over 120 to make anything meaningful aside of "Hello World" with a table of leds.
Completely false
Especially with microcontroller being more accessible than ever and with low entry ones even children can program like the Arduino
You just need to learn and practice.
Complaining it’s hard or there is a "IQ ceiling" promotes a fixed mindset rather than one of growth.
Electronics is mostly about creativity and problem solving. Just like programming but in a more concrete and more directly physical context.
This is not quantum physics
>>
>>102446923
> I wish I'd found something like that for coding projects
There are a lot of roadmaps or list of projects
https://austinhenley.com/blog/challengingprojects.html
https://austinhenley.com/blog/morechallengingprojects.html
https://github.com/vicky002/1000_Projects

You know what, I have a "challenge" for your bitch ass.
Make a script that takes all projects from these links, and gives you one to try at random. Bonus : evaluate the difficulty of all of these challenges (easy nowadays with LLMs) and add the the option to filter by difficulty or complexity levels. Bonus 2 : group them in specific categories and add the option to filter by that too.

Stop "wishing" for things to come to you and for others to solve your problems. You will never be good at problem solving with that mentality. Solve your own problems your damn self.
>>
>>102447412
What relaxes me and keeps me happy then?
>>
>>102453033
a blow job and a pizza probably
>>
video games
>>
>>102444724
>>
>>102452531
>hicking
what the fuck is that
>>
>>>/r/AskReddit
>>
>>102443460
any physical activity because using the computer all day wrecks your body

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.