[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: yahoo.jpg (7 KB, 225x225)
7 KB
7 KB JPG
>casually deletes 15+ yrs worth of emails
>locks you out of services that asks for 2FA
Bravo
>>
Grandpa, you are were never supposed to be using shit like that
>>
>>102444863
>you were never supposed to use yahoo mail
then why the fuck did it exist
>>
>>102444383
Don't hoard messages
>>
>>102444383
I grew up with yahoo and have pretty much all my important shit with them. Wish I used proton or something.
>>
What happened
>>
>>102444383
>Need to input a phone number to make an account
idiots
>>
What happened?
>>
>>102445260
Get a mail client like Thunderbird and download all of your mails to local storage. If they end up locking you out you'll lose access to the mails you receive after that point, but they won't be able to deny you access to the mails you already downloaded.
>>
>>102444383
No backup, no pity. Backup your mails locally and not only your mails, but every time you have something on the Interwebz, that you don't want to disappear randomly and never come back, save it on your hard drive and make backups of that hard drive. This is computer 101: Computers malleable as all machines are, therefor it's better to be safe than sorry.
>>
>>102445379
>>102445720
probably dormant emails getting automatically deleted after 12/24 months, or doing some stupid shit.
>>
>>102447138
I don't think they give you IMAP unless you pay
>>
>>102448619
Last time I activate that on gmail, don't think you need to pay for basic stuff like that
>>
>>102448676
You don't on gmail, but it was a premium feature on yahoo at least in the past, idk now. I only ever used yahoo addresses for throwaways that I'd care enough about to want to sync.
>>
>>102444383
i will literally never go to a yahoo site again after they deleted my mail for no reason

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.