[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: file.png (394 KB, 1170x783)
394 KB
394 KB PNG
I kneel. Brave pushing the limits of browser security
>>
File: mod.png (228 KB, 450x399)
228 KB
228 KB PNG
>>102451329
>chrome + skin
>shady ass browser
>secure
Your country has been range-banned because of (you)
>>
>>102451329
funny, I searched to hell and back a few years ago about why the fuck can't a user have ANY way to intercept and block malicious intent://. or at least manage them somehow.

>sandboxing this permission that
>ads allowed to contain intents
>ads allowed to instantly send paid SMS without notification or logging
security my ass.
>>
File: 1726716194836.png (39 KB, 999x1080)
39 KB
39 KB PNG
>>102451329
>adds button for filter list
>>
Doesn't even work on Twitter or Reddit, I really love brave though. I went back to Firefox, or floorp on desktop and Waterfox on mobile at least, after they made vertical tabs a thing, I hated treestyle tab
>>
File: 1651414441117.jpg (110 KB, 1059x1093)
110 KB
110 KB JPG
gem
>>
Procedural filtering (has-text, upward, etc..) just made it into the latest Nightly and it just werks!
>>
File: BraveAdware3.jpg (225 KB, 904x1037)
225 KB
225 KB JPG
>>102451329
Reminder to hide and report all Brave shilling threads. It's literally spyware
>>
anon
>>
>>102451329
your spam campaign is why I won't use your browser ever
>>
>>102452967
everything is spyware today. oracle just got hit with a massive lawsuit over it.
>>
>>102452967
>Free and open source browser that's recommended by every digital privacy site is le bad... because it just is, okay!
Least obvious mozilla shill. Brave is more private and secure than Firefox and it's forks.
>>
>>102452967
What browser are you using that doesn't have telemetry
Don't say Firefox because it does
>>
>>102454357
w3m master race
>>
>>102454357
Not them. Telemetry for an open source product is irrelevant since you can check what it sends and if disabling it geniunely disables it.

Brave is basically Opera GX. It is literally a cool epic browser with good marketing.

>>102454355
These kind of people dont know what private or secure mean. Any Chrome based browser is more secure than firefox on Windows (not on Linux or Macos since they are sandboxed anyway). Any Firefox based browser is more private on all platforms. Brave might be among the worst for privacy because it increases entropy while retaining values that can be used to track you.

But its definetly a coincidence that Brave is funded by the Palantir CEO (a data broker whose sole financial activity is trading private user data)
>>
It's become a real plague. In the early 2000s popups became a great nuisance. Then browsers started blocking popups.
But now webshitters are emulating popups with javascript and it's worse than ever and more difficult to block.

I hope this will become more mainstream in all browsers.
>>
>>102454355
>recommended by every digital privacy site
>every facebook groups page says russia is a paradise
>>
>>102454437
You are just saying shit for sakes of saying it. Give me actual examples in code that make brave less private than firefox. There are none. Brave is by most website tests more private out of the box than Firefox is, and is even competitive with Firefox+Arkenfox. Not sure why you faggots have such a boner for hating on Brave, when literally everyone outside of your circlejerks on reddit and 4chan likes it. There are fair critiques like it having ugly UI, having too many features you are not interested in, or not being as customizable as firefox css, but privacy is not one of them.
>>
>brave
>privacy

Brave fails creepsjs even worse than stock safari. Only Tor (and Firefox with tor config ie librewolf and mullvad) pass creepjs.
>>
>>102454469
oh sweaty.
are you still angry about not getting to sit with the cool kids in middle school?
>>
>>102454481
>Cool kids
>4chan and reddit
Get a grip, loser. You are a social outcast that struggles holding eye contact with people in real life. Again, you have zero arguments because you know I am right. You can cope and seethe however much you like, but Brave is more private AND secure than Firefox.
>>
>>102454492
kek thats a yes
>>
>>102451924
How can a person acquire this browser?
The site seems broken, I want to try it out on Windows 10
>>
>>102455530
works on my machine
>>
>>102451329
weird, i've apparently had this enabled on firefox. i don't even remember setting it lol
>>
>>102454469
>Post paid for by Peter Thiel. Have 10 rubles.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.