[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: api.png (27 KB, 512x512)
27 KB
27 KB PNG
How do you design an API?
For example, you wrote a tool in C++, how do you define a clean and reasonable interface to let other people call it and not curse you to death because of how hard it is to use?
Does /g/ even experienced enough to answer this question?
>>
>>102456243
http requests + responses is the most simplest and portable way.

need it to be private? public-private key encryption.
>>
>>102456243
make something yourself with your own API. you can do that in tests, or by supplying a reference program that uses your interface.
>>
>>102456252
>>102456292
>completely ignored the question
>just want to sperg something irrelevant out
Yeah totally expected. I shouldn't ask this here.
>>
>>102456316
you can use sockets or a framework to do it in C++, honestly just ask claude or gpt. what you're asking is very simple.
>>
>>102456243
>>102456316
piss-poor bait
>>
>>102456339
You provide no value anyway.
>>
>>102456243
>>>/g/sqt/
>>
>>102456377
>I can't answer so you're stupid!
>>
>>102456359
shitty bait, you have problems in you so you take it out on others. you're pathetic and I think you should entertain your suicidal thoughts.
>>
Depends on the api, if it's for a website, look at the things you do on the site and think of how to computerize the task.
Checking replies is a thing so make that available, if there's user login: add support for bot authentication, a username a password and a bot token.

The design mostly revolves around the language and what you want your api to do. The best advice I could give you is look for an api that is damned and one that is praised by it's users, then you can spot the difference on what to do and what not to.
>>
>>102456418
quit while you're still ahead retard
>>
>>102456243
what kind of tool? both llvm and curl are written in low level languages and have numerous APIs both internal and external, so i think your question is not very well-posed.
>>
>>102456453
not what I asked, bitch
>>
ITT anon pretending experienced devs

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.