[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

if a memory stick with data suddenly doesnt show up anymore if you plug it in (tried all ports on 2 different laptops), is it game over or is there a way to recover the data?
>>
>>102472320
memory sticks don't contain any data except for the spd
>>
>>102472320
literally https://www. werecoverdata .com/ (without the spaces)
>>
i feel really depressed
>>
>>102472425
sir this is /g/
>>
google data recovery your location
>>
>>102472546
im not sure if there are any dickpics on there, so it's not possible to outsource it
>>
it was like 2000 of pictures etc. But I will assume it's gone forever and accept is and not care since in the end we die anyway so doesnt really matter
>>
>>102472320
If Windows, open a command prompt and type:
chkdsk x: /f
where "x" is the drive letter.

If Linux, open your disk manager, right click the drive or click the settings icon next to it and click "Repair Filesystem" or something similar.

If the above fails, try a file recovery program. Will take a long time but usually good results.

And if all of the above fails, open it up and either touch up the solder points on the USB connector or remove the connector and wire up a spare USB cable to the contacts.
>>
>>102472631
how can i know the drive letter if nothing shows up when plugging in?

i also tried recover software, but since drive is not detectable, it cannot find anything to recover...

rip game over nice doing business
>>
>>102472654
remove the plastic around the drive and see if the soldering looks ok
>>
>>102472654
see >>102472412
>>
>>102472678
Looks fine to me.
>>
>>
File: saulgone.png (14 KB, 261x380)
14 KB
14 KB PNG
>>
>>102473532
take your drive to data recovery
they'll solder in a new controller chip and youll get your files
You think some computer nerd cares what your dick looks liek?
>>
>>102473532
dig around in the properties and see if there's an option to "uninstall driver". then unplug and plug back in. i did that for my external USB drive a couple months ago when it stopped showing up randomly and it fixed it
>>
>is there a way to recover the data
yes, it's called having a backup retard
>>
>>102472320
check the pins inside the male usb connector (aka on the stick) and ensure they are neither corroded and there isn't a small piece of metallic material bridging any of them
then ensure that the thing hasn't flexed too much and broken a trace.
>>
>>102474058
Tried this already. Didnt help

>>102474009
I was really reckless and am payimg the price... i selected all, clicked "cut" and "paste" from memory stick to external drive. After like 10 pictures it crashed and I think I lost like 2000 pictures and now the flashdrive wont load

Do you really think there is a chance they can recover even tho i clicked "cut" and not "copy"?

And yes the nerd can use it to blackmail me for cash in theory but there is a high chance there is no dickpics on there anyway and i dont really care
>>
fucking shit, very sad friday
>>
when i plug it in, it goes 'bimbimbim!' hopeful windows sound, then after like 5-10 seonds the 'damdamdam' sad/problem windows sound
>>
>>102475572
i mean, it almost seems like a contact issue or something, but how could it have happened out of the blue like that?

this is how and when it happened >>102474612
>>
>>102474612
"cut" and "copy" are the same thing up until the moment you paste the file(s). the only difference is that "cut" deletes the first file after being copied

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.