[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Why does it remind me of typescript? Was its design intended to appeal to web devs?
>>
inb4
>what the fuck do you mean
let, type definitions is exactly like typescript, all the nice iterator method naming comes from javascript
>>
>>102476311
>Was its design intended to appeal to web devs?
Bingo.
>>
>>102476325
>nice iterator method naming comes from javascript
bump for this creative retardation instead of the typical circle jerks
>>
>>102476325
>type definitions is exactly like typescript
Not rlly, the only similarities are inference and colons + angle brackets for notation.
>>
>>102476738
I am right thhough
>>
>>102476311
its about programmer "productivity", which is the ratio of profit a company makes compared to your salary
web devs at faang make $300k and the company makes $10mil per employee
c++ devs make $60k and their contribution can barely cover the cost of their own salary
web-focused languages are simply more profitable
>>
>>102476311
I want to make a rust BUT it's just like Javascript
Call it rustscript, or rust++
Can compile rust code but you can name everything how you want incl. emoji idents, and all errors that do not make compilation impossible become warnings, like lifetime errors?? O.K. generate wrong bytecodes X33
>>
>>102476907
how many languages do you know?
>>
>>102477340
show me a language that does typescript kind of typing and has the exact same iteration methods by name
>>
>>102477428
you didn't answer the question.
i'm going to be nice and feed you, although i'm not sure you actually want to genuinely learn anything.
start from this language from the 80s, and move forward slowly using the "Influenced" list:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standard_ML
>>
>>102477498
listen up
I made a claim
you started dilating so I wanted proof
you didnt provide so I am correct
>>
>>102476311
Typescript is for system programmers that have to use Javascript without upchucking every 5 minutes.
>>
>>102476311
And trannies, yes.
>>
>>102476311
Yes I noticed this. But how dare you compare Rust garbage to great dev languages like Typescript. Typescript code is clean and maintainable. Rust is one of the worst languages in the world.
>>
>>102477514
list the method names rust took from js
>>
>>102477498
Fucking trannies... These delusional freaks actually think they pass. I was cordial to one before until he told me to kms, so I pretty much literally killed him by pointing out that he doesn't pass, and if I can tell he's a man from a cherrypicked avatar, think of how obvious it must be irl. I soon got banned for "causing imminent harm".

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.