[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/g/ - Technology

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1491930407124.gif (284 KB, 505x500)
284 KB
284 KB GIF
Every time some website won't load I do a speed test and most of the time it will load instantly (according to my full bandwidth) right after. Is it true they detect you testing the speeds and adjust it accordingly?
>>
That kind of thing started happening to me when my country (Russia) started slowing down YouTube. Sometimes absolutely random sites like reactos.org don't load for a couple of minutes.
>>
>>102720700
Yeah. They also throttle the speed until you call and complain you're getting less than 60% of what you're paying for then all of a sudden it kicks up to 120% and then slowly throttles again.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.