[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/gd/ - Graphic Design

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

Hey /gd/

I have a question, if I produce images using illegal versions of Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign, do these images have any metadata that can be tracked to see if they were illegally produced?

and how do I remove such metadata, I tried googling this shit but it doesn't come up with any real answers on this topic

I'm just getting to the point of completing my 4th as well as 5th gd project for my portfolio and want to upload them all to Behance but also still not cause any problems for potential employers.

thanks

Also post your questions/queries
>>
>>444142
bump
>>
>>444142
I guess the safest option is posting a screenshot instead of the actual image, but obviously it won't have the same quality
>>
File: Meta data.jpg (3 KB, 318x21)
3 KB
3 KB JPG
>>444142
Yup.
>>
>>444147
seems to require some nitpicking.

op asked for whether illegal usage is trackable, not the name of the used program.
because Idk.
>>
File: Meta data2.jpg (4 KB, 199x35)
4 KB
4 KB JPG
>>444160
This is the difference if you remove metadata via windows. They must include things the software maker can use to see if the serial is legit.
>>
File: hm.png (1.71 MB, 1717x632)
1.71 MB
1.71 MB PNG
does anyone know what this art style is called
>>
>>444388
80's futuristic.
>>
File: 1625982474194.jpg (217 KB, 2048x1536)
217 KB
217 KB JPG
Hey anons, I'm sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong thread but I really want to have your advices. So I have a friend who wants to be in an art college and I want to help them in every way possible but I don't really know anything about art. The test they will be taking involving some kind of "color decorating", which is the kind of art that I've attached a picture for you guys to see. So my question is what kind of art is this really (so that I can search up tips for them) and if you guys are artists, can you let me know what's wrong with this painting? Also, they want to ask you guys about tips on how to "make the main subject of the painting stands out from the background". Thanks for reading this and I hope that you guys will have a great day.
>>
>>444388
>444388
vaporwave
>>
File: Paxves.png (1.15 MB, 800x790)
1.15 MB
1.15 MB PNG
Not sure what exactly to ask, how do I extract text/design like in picrel? Is there a quicker way than manually selecting?
>>
>>444978
theres websites that have font detectors. whatthefont.com or whatever. sometimes they dont work, esp with weird fonts or complex images. worth a shot tho
>>
Is there a program out there (preferably free) which turns photos into pictures that look hand drawn, cartoony, artsy or something similar?
Would help me alot with a project im working with right now.
Id like to add that im new to the hobby, I wouldnt even call myself a beginner.
A program easy to use and not super complex would be great.
>>
>>444147
>>444160
OK it may be a stupid question (not very tech-savvy here), but what if you open the finished artwork in Inkscape or GIMP and then save it again?
Would that change the metadata in any useful way?
>>
File: photostudio_1685546422839.jpg (3.92 MB, 2149x3269)
3.92 MB
3.92 MB JPG
>>445009
There's tons of photo editors that have filter capabilities that render photos as if they'd been created using different types of artistic mediums, most of them in fact.
Whether it looks accurate or even good is another thing entirely, and the quality and properties of the source photo make a big difference...like if you want a black and white "cartoon" line drawing look you need a high contrast image to start with.
In my experience certain ones do better for certain things and may be nearly useless otherwise.
For example, Prisma Art Effect Photo Editor does really nice pen and ink and etching style renderings without much trouble but most of the other filters are ugly.
Picrel is a photo of a TV screen run through it, another thing to consider is that while it looks almost like a coloring book page, if you need the perfectly defined closed line strokes of a coloring book you'd have to do some touching up; those kinds of filters just give an *impression* of a line drawing or oil painting or etching or whatever.
>>
Hello /gd/
Any idea for the design of pic related? I'd rather not add shit on it but I'd like to paint it up. It's a gift for the boat license my niece recently passed.
Thanks
>>
File: IMG_20230603_004544.jpg (1.86 MB, 3120x2206)
1.86 MB
1.86 MB JPG
>>445070
>>
File: boaty.png (829 KB, 1030x728)
829 KB
829 KB PNG
>>445070
>>445071
any more info to provide?
what does she like? what does her flat/room/house look like? how much work are you planning on spending?
>>
Is anyone familiar with creating designs for a cutter/plotter/etching machine? I have recently got a Silhouette Cameo 4 and would like to use it not just for the more common purposes (vinyl stickers and paper art) but also to precision cut leather and thin wood for scale diorama items. It uses SVG files, so I guess what I'm asking is what software works well for a relative beginner to create new designs and/or import existing designs in other file types to convert and smooth them? The included software is only really useful for existing SVG files and the tutorials I can find online are basic and mostly for Pinterest moms making boss babe stickers for their giant coffee cups.
>>
>>444147
bullshit
>>
>>445073
uh, maybe her name and not the indicator of her familiar relationship to you?
>>
>>445103
That looks like another anon doing a mockup and using niece as a placeholder for a name.

>>445071
Have a look at some fancy model tugboats maybe for placement of an anchor and rigging and typical paint styles. Paint framing around the windows to make them stand out. Use her name for the ship's name, and put the date she got licensed as the registration number (? I dunno if thats what its called for boats but same idea).
>>
>>445120
Also for the love of god sand it a bit first
>>
>>445073
Hello! Thanks for the mockup!!
She likes the same things girls her age do (22) : taking pictures, Rick and morty, Netflix... I think that's all, really
Her bedroom is white, with mauve curtains and a bunch of pictures and posters (black Rick and morty and one piece ones) on her walls, and pictures surrounding her mirror. She's also got some kind of red closet. I've got another special gift for her so I don't plan to spend that much for this specific wood boat project. I've thought of buying varnish give a solid look to the boat.

>>445103
It wasn't me. Just a kind anon giving his piece of mind.

>>445120
Thanks for the advice!! The anchor and window framing are good ideas. I'll look it up. If this thread is still around I'll let you guys know what I've made.
>>
File: RickAndBoaty.png (874 KB, 1030x728)
874 KB
874 KB PNG
>>445124
hrmm. not much for me to work with there.
I don't know to what extend incorporate these exact specifics into the design...?

but here you go. maybe this idea sparks you inspiration? I wanted to indicate a rick and morty character design based on her. (lol this is the archetypical 22 year old to me it seems)
the text could say your and her name. or chick and boaty. or something 'stupid' like that. (I mean the show IS pretty ironic).

admittedly could be a terrible idea as well. depends on her and your kind of relationship I guess.
I certainly know people who would absolutely love something like that, but also those that would consider it cringe.
>>
>>445132
I want to add that something like that would probably age worse than a more neutral (elegant?) approach - like the simple red one I uploaded earlier or the tug boat idea of that other anon. I think it would be cool if it were timeless enough to be kept forever in her boat or even living room.
>>
File: AIBoatSketches.png (1.83 MB, 1536x1024)
1.83 MB
1.83 MB PNG
>>445133
on your behalf asked AI for inspiration
>>
File: file.png (74 KB, 599x533)
74 KB
74 KB PNG
I need to paint a list of services provided by my business in a wall
>pic related
What colours should I use so it can make a contrast with the wall and be seen from at least 20 mts??? I was thinking in yellow letters with a frame of blue but looks bad, what colors should I use?
>>
File: torment.png (58 KB, 1240x337)
58 KB
58 KB PNG
>>445177
black and/or white is old fashioned or what?
>>
What's the best AI image generator to just make simple t shirt designs?
>>
File: 4.jpg (4.77 MB, 3508x4961)
4.77 MB
4.77 MB JPG
Is there a plugin for Gimp that lets me create a grid overlay, but I can drag the corners of all grid boxes to reshape the grid?

Basically a bunch of dots with straight lines between them, and I can drag around the dots.

Preferably I would like to not "finalize" the layer (convert it to raster) but could come back to it and adjust the dots, then work on a different layer, then come back and adjust the dots. Etc.
>>
>>445180
too plain
>>
>>445279
clown business?
>>
>>445280
no, I found my final design, it's going to be like the one I posted first but black instead of blue
>>
File: baseball.png (414 KB, 2158x972)
414 KB
414 KB PNG
which version is better?
>>
File: ks.png (803 KB, 1348x762)
803 KB
803 KB PNG
Does anyone know how to recreate this kind of effect? Specifically the web compression/artifacts look, the bleedthrough, and the outline. I assume they used some kind of plugin but I'm not sure what kind of shit I should be googling to find the look
https://youtu.be/lhfs1CzzUPM?t=194
>>
>>445511
lookup data-moshing tool or something similar
>>
File: Capture.jpg (42 KB, 651x515)
42 KB
42 KB JPG
ANON PLEASE HELP!!1

My shitty portfolio got me into the running for a graphics job and I'm overthinking this test they gave me:

>Please do a quick mock up of how you would lay out the design.
>The design should include the Boy Scouts logo attached
>Include the name “John Smith”
>Include the text “Troop- 123”
>This would be sublimated on a double sided mug
>Don’t take longer than ten minutes.

The last few years have been bad for me and I haven't designed much. I haven't worked in a graphics department for almost a decade and I'm not really sure what they're looking for and I'm afraid to ask because I know these instructions probably seem straightforward to them and being perceived as dithering and uncertain probably doesn't help my case.
I'm just not sure if their standards here are really low or not.
My first instinct was to simply put an arced John Smith over the logo and troop123 underneath the logo and duplicate it on both sides of the cup because it's personalized mug and the important thing is the personalization, but that's what anyone chump would do, right? I've already spent more than an hour and now I need to make it look like I've spent a lot less time than I have.
What would you do?
>>
>>445553
Top left is fine. Just submit that. It's a test to see if you can do acceptable work in a short timeframe, that way they'll get more designs and money out of you. Pretty sure you are not going to be designing Coca-Colas next logo at this place, so just do the work as the brief is written, throw flare in the ocean and get paid.
>>
>>445553
what anon said. you are doing fine. not much actual design work to be expected from such an assignment. they probably want to see your understanding for basic visual hierarchy and sufficient knowledge about the tools.
I like top left most as well.

>>445501
cute. the brows make it seem more mature. if it is for kids, I would go without them. otherwise they do have some humor. but I cant tell you which one to go for...
>>
>>445559
>>445560
Damn it, I knew I was overthinking things again.
Thank you, Anon. I'll have to trust my intuition more in the future.
>>
File: baseballfinish.png (434 KB, 622x601)
434 KB
434 KB PNG
>>445560
Cool. Thanks for the input! This is the design I ended up going with. Added thin borders, thinner eyebrows, easier to read font. (jaggies were cleaned up in the final version)
>>
>>445574
lol kid font for the name, bad letter spacing

big boy seraph font for the serious and important est. 46

looks like a south park design for a dildo
>>
File: file.png (427 KB, 1140x495)
427 KB
427 KB PNG
>>444142
does anyone have any sublimation art for those skinny tumblers? or these .svg templates for fiber lasers?
>>
>>445553
top left.

bottom is hella nice tho, but top is going to be the cheapest to have made.
>>
>>445582
>looks like a south park design for a dildo
lmao I was trying to avoid that so much, ill work on it later
>>
File: logo3.png (31 KB, 1346x602)
31 KB
31 KB PNG
logo for webcomic aimed at the tween demographic, the inspiration is y2k futurism and 6th -7th generation video game logos
Thoughts?
>>
File: night.png (1.42 MB, 1180x726)
1.42 MB
1.42 MB PNG
I edited a Rise of Nations sprite (and the map settings) to make it look like night. But I don't know of anyway to edit the sprites ingame other than using a post processing addon like ReShade (SweetFX). Does anyone know what is the term to make the brightest things on the image less bright and even the image out? I want to make the window lights and lamp lights vanish on pic rel. I tried using a color isolator with the "remove" setting but even if I go with yellow there's not much change
>>
File: day.png (1.28 MB, 1016x581)
1.28 MB
1.28 MB PNG
This is what the original looks like, so what I want for the post processing filter is to gradually make it look like pic related (daytime), well, at least as close as possible
>>
>>445769
I would make the t look like a t.
>>
>>445819
I'll keep that in mind, which EX do you like?
>>
>>445816
>>445817
>>>/3/
>>
File: ex.jpg (26 KB, 686x360)
26 KB
26 KB JPG
>>445823
I would do something like this to make it different from the title. Obviously keep the corners consistent unlike this one as I just traced it and moved a few points. Just a suggestion.
>>
Xnview has a feature to remove all metadata without altering the image.
You can double check it is gone using an metadata viewer.
>>
I want to give Generative Fill a try but I'm still on Catalina (2012 macbook pro that i've upgraded). I'd rather not go through the hassle of updating to Big Sur. Is there anyway I can get beta on this machine?
>>
>>445511
adivemux
>>
Does the "difference" or "subtract" or "divide" layer mode in GIMP or another program act as a foolproof way to see differences in pixels between two layers?

I'm trying to determine if putting images in a CBZ/CBR file lossily compresses them, so what I did was take the original image, put it in gimp, then add the image to a CBZ, then open the CBZ and copy the image , then paste that as a seperate layer in gimp and set the layer modes.

Difference and subtract seemingly just shows a pitch black area of no differences, but if I use a color selection tool (even if I copy visible and paste beforehand so there's an actual layer showing what it said regardless of mode) the blacks seem slightly different and you can still see outlines of detail if you select by color with 0 threshold. If I set it to divide, then it's pure white, but some pixels are a clear bright green, yellow, read, etc

To me, this would imply the images AREN'T the same after put in a CBZ, but if I extract the image, it has the same checksum/hash as the original.

So will a difference/subtract/divide layer view option not actually show pure white/black even if two layers are the same?
>>
What sort of computer specs do I need to edit/open photos that are tens of thousands of pixels wide/tall?

There's some gigapixel panoramas I want to download and fuck around with.

Will 64 gigabytes of RAM be enough? Are specific image editing programs better about handling very large images?
>>
Hey guys what is the best figma course or resource out there?
>>
Are there any decent apps on iPhone to make collages like the ones in madoka magica?
>>
File: why8.png (6.29 MB, 3000x3000)
6.29 MB
6.29 MB PNG
why do my colors get fucked when exporting?
>>
>>446905
Probably because you are converting from Adobe RGB to sRGB.
>>
>>446929
unchecking teh convert to sRGB doesn't seem to change anything, is there something else I could try?
>>
>>444388
retrowave, outrun, synthwave
these might get you more images like it
>>
>>445769
I personally like less rounded fonts so you might want to try that to look more unique
>>
Is a 4K monitor worth +200USD, or is 1440p just fine?
>>
>>446948
You will have to scale it and zoom in on websites anyway. 4k is really only for media consumption.
>>
Is there a way to losslessly append/sitch together images?

Like I have a 20mb pdf, and in it there's an image split across 2 pages. If I extract the images from the PDF and combine them in gimp and save it as a ong, the image is 6mb, but clearly the images in the pdf do not take up that much space.

Is there a way to just combine/sitch them into one image without re-compressing them so the filsize stays small?

Obviously if I just assemble it and save it as a jpg in a image editing program conventially, that will do lossy compression and reduce image quality, which I don't want
>>
>>445011
Hmmm. Assuming you flatten all layers and just do a copy-paste I would ASSUME you would end up with the same image pixel-for-pixel
You could also just post it to 4chan and then save the image once it’s here. I’m pretty sure 4ch scrubs all metadata
>>
File: wanting-it-to-be-easy.png (158 KB, 640x360)
158 KB
158 KB PNG
Is there a program or website where I can post an image (like a wallpaper or something) that will turn it into a paint by numbers template?
>>
>>447086
idk i dont use gimp but exporting as jpeg in PS with proper settings will result in minimal noticeable artifacting whilst keeping filesize down
obviously for future edits you save the master too separately
>>
>>447118
"Minimal" isn't good enough, I want actual no reduction of image quality or change to the image itself aside from the two pages being combined into one image side by side.
>>
File: 1690611370286.png (72 KB, 300x300)
72 KB
72 KB PNG
Hello, technically, manually speaking, how do you render, paint posters of translucency/refraction/reflectivity of objects more naturally, like glasses and such, especially when multiple of thems are placed nearby and create complex light effects so.. how do i solve this, manually? like the time before digital imaging... so called, physically correct painting. Looking for some in book theories and tutorials so on..havent find any in specific on this materials...

Also on another subject...
how do one assure design quality maybe on social media or content creations, to reach or sell 5 digits or more? Other than being on trend, how are 'design' being carefully targetted to that crowd?
>>
File: FF-Logo_2.png (107 KB, 2220x1028)
107 KB
107 KB PNG
>>445769
I'm back over a month later,
I made a 2nd logo without the EX as this is for different reasons. Still inspired by y2k futurism and 6th -7th generation video game logos. Looked at Mod Nation Racer's logo for inspiration.
Thoughts?
>>
>>447184
looks fine, just try a few different version with less stretching on the letters F and H
>>
How to design things that will reach some 5 digit people via interwebs, deviantart
So on
>>
>>447202
easy.
you make what people want
>>
>>447214
Hm. Never get anything that large since the dawn of internet
>>
>>447202
Bump
>>
File: 1690347392357s.jpg (31 KB, 400x300)
31 KB
31 KB JPG
How to solve refractions/reflections/translucent materials on objects/lineart
Like this

Like glass on glas
>>
How to plan your design so to maybe reach some 6 digit traffic/klout/sales
Annually?
What are the aspect
Criterias
Elements
>>
Is video editing viable as a career these days? Like if I enjoy editing and not much else and decide to pursue editing how fucked am I?
>>
>>444142
I'm not joking, but fully understand why people would believe that i am and troll me. Is there a free software that would let me design bras, bikinis, panting and lingerie? Even a "free" software would do. I'm not looking to make money, just trying to draw things i like.
>>
>>447306
I'll bump because I'm seriously looking for answers
>>
>>447359
How do you mean design. If you mean sketch them then you could use inkskape or gimp. If you mean simulation then you would have to pay for something like marvelous designer or get blender for free but it's not as good.
>>
>>447362
I have no idea what im doing, hence why i asked here. I would like ro draw some and then potentially put them on some models. is inskape or gimp really good d for designing clothing?
>>
>>447363
Yes, you could do the flat patterns with them.
>>
>>447232
>>447232
bump

looking to know the quality control
data comparatve method

because the internet is so big
>>
File: file.png (98 KB, 692x562)
98 KB
98 KB PNG
I'm new using photoshop
I need to put in left side the same shadow that is in the right
I tried using levels and contrast layers
>>
>>444145
wow you stupid
>>
>>444142
did you already post these images in the public?
If yes then you should collect money for the punitive fine. It should be something about 10k. Other option is to prepare your anus in advance because you will be big daddy's little girl in jail cell the next time.
>>
where can i find reference or list of values, like for design,
that sort of decides how your stuff is valued (in the internets, social media) adding up the klouts and so on.

some rule, sorta exist, right? otherwise all d be a clear
>>
I'm new to UI design and wanted to know how free Figma actually is, like what is it that I can't do in free Figma? I wanted to give other free alternatives a chance and to me Penpot seems like the most promising one but it still lacks features that are in XD and Figma, the other ones are janky as fuck, especially Lunacy, I just can't get that one to work properly

I like XD the best but the problem is that I got it pirated and if I ever do professional work I'd like to share the live prototypes as opposed to sending PDFs or recording the prototype with OBS or whatever.

Is there something you're missing if you use free Figma as a professional?
>>
>>447477
It has the same functionality as the paid versions. If you don't pay you are limited to 3 project folder files, but on free you can have unlimited artboards where you dump everything in one file. You might blow through your storage on free too, I think it's only one gb.
>>
Where can I find clients online that ISNT freelance platforms like upwork/fiver/etc
>>
>>447501
Good luck, I have no idea either and nobody here will tell you or give you a proper guide, probably because it all relies on luck, it's also hard because most graphic designers you find online are all pajeets and they're the ones making this an over saturated field for freelancers that want to work remotely

I wish someone would tell me where I can find quick jobs that aren't on upwork or fiverr or any of those awful sites.
>>
File: FF-logo-emblems.png (624 KB, 4332x1320)
624 KB
624 KB PNG
>>447184
Did some emblem iteration sketches for an hour, which do you prefer
>>
bump just to get advice on the previous post
>>
>>444142
No.
I use pirate software all the time.
Never pay for your tools, brother. The world owes you them.
>>
So I've developed a style I enjoy working with. I've been working on/with it since 2013 but never uploaded anything so far. I feel I might be able to use it commercially, I'd love to create a brand of my own or even just a few series of graphic design exercises. I've made hundreds of pieces so far.
However, I haven't studied GD apart from what my father taught me. He was in the trade for 40 years or so. All my takes and ideas are probably outdated, especially since I started ten years ago. Since then, glitch art and vaporwave have made rounds on the net and what I'm doing could probably be interpreted as being similar to those. One of my largest inspirations was superflat, but more the stated intention behind it than the style itself. My stuff looks like low-res digital graffiti, kinda. I've been keeping it up because it's enjoyable, relaxing and therapeutic to me. But lately I've been thinking these doodles might be appreciated somewhat by someone else.
I'm not sure how to get the ball rolling. Bring a portfolio to local galleries or design/copy studios?
Making an online thsirt store, is that a death sentence if you can't get outreach? Should I just post shit into a social algorithm like twitter and see if it catches any attention?
It's probably just pieces of shit I alone could appreciate but I want to try.
How would you start?
>>
looking for detailed guideline on illustration/art in animemanga/comiccartoon sphere, social media especially that ll appeal to millions of audience/traffic/sales

like other than niche and trend, perhaps building fanbase from 0s, and straight up to big digits, and its increments
>>
>>448356
bump
>>
Where can I find ready to use effects for saliva, water drops and smoke?
>>
>>447764
I'm impartial to B, but maybe C if it maybe gets a better look.
Maybe H3 and H4 but it really feels like it could use more polish.
>>
Is there ANY alternative to Adobe if I need to convert colours in a design from RGB to Pantone?

The online colour converters are shit, and for some stupid reason there is no 'Recolor Artwork' option in Affinity Designer despite having Pantone colours.

I literally just need to get proper Pantone codes for my projects and i can't afford the ridiculous subscription fees for Photoshop et al.
>>
>>447667
It's really difficult to find reputable clients online anon. I wish someone can tell us what to do
>>
>>448431
https://sam.gov/content/home
https://www.freelancer.com/
https://www.upwork.com/freelance-jobs/graphic-design/
Easy and simple
>>
File: CHOCO BAR.png (4.49 MB, 3000x2143)
4.49 MB
4.49 MB PNG
How would you improve these mockups?
>>
how can i make a png 8 bit and indexed?
>>
>>446489
I use a method similar to yours and can confirm it's correct. If selection isn't pure pink/green then there're differences in the images.
>if putting images in a CBZ/CBR file lossily compresses them
It shouldn't. CBZ/CBR are essentially zip/rar archives, they were designed specifically to preserve files down to the last bit. My guess on possible differences would be
>take the original image, put it in gimp, >!!!< then add the image to a CBZ
importing/exporting image in GIMP, it often re-encodes the pixels so there are minor differences. Whether the quality improves or regresses is very debatable and depends on particular cases.
>>
File: 1683876871500238.png (45 KB, 1180x1124)
45 KB
45 KB PNG
so i downloaded Ai on my new build and i got this fucking shit, how the fuck do i turn all of it off? everything in the view menu is set to hidden
>>
>>448439
Wrap the texture onto an actual 3D model and render it in various stock positions (supermarket shelf, display box in a gas station, on a shelf in a pantry, et al)
>>
does generative fill no longer work for anyone else? worked perfectly until like yesterday now the loading bar fills completely before it gives me a "something went wrong. please try again" message
>>
For someone that really likes 3D modeling, should they go for Graphic Design or Computer Art and Animation?
>>
What do you think about this?
It's for a school competition
>>
File: 1679828012217626.jpg (428 KB, 3963x1081)
428 KB
428 KB JPG
Ripple edit for PS?
Say you start with an image and then you want to remove portions of the image (stuff in red) and just shift/shrink the image without those portions.
What's the easiest way of accomplishing this? I'm just cutting/pasting and arranging it manually.
Does a tool that can do this exist? I'm basically imagining something like a ripple edit for images.
>>
File: IMG_20230811_194236.jpg (3.55 MB, 4000x3000)
3.55 MB
3.55 MB JPG
>tl;dr
How to make an image "lighting neutral", so how do I remove lights and shadows?

---

Been using Photoshop Elements 10 for a decade for casual drawing, but only now have been learning its more technical features as I'm using the program for texturing 3D objects.

Noob question: what's the proper way to eliminate light and dark gradients from a photo, "neutralize" it in a way? For doing my texturing work I'd rather my image not have any light information as a base, I wanna add it myself later on.
Picrel is an image I took myself and trying to clean up for future texturing use.
The technique I used thus far involves me using Replace Color on the darker and lighter areas to match the color of the image that's the middle ground between them, but I got the feeling this is the wrong way of doing it. I mean it works, but I'm always looking for ways to get better results
>>
Highpass filter in photoshop.
>>
>>444142
Where can i find graphic designers to commision for a logo, and what is the rightful price to pay for one?
>>
>>448848
>and what is the rightful price to pay for one?
What designer say it is
>>
>>444142
I'm new to photoshop and /gd/. I want to make an egg into a rectangular prism while keeping its lighting/shadows, texture, color. I have no idea how difficult of a task this is. Any guidance would be appreciated.
>>
>>448664
I know nobody cares, but here's a slight update:
I won the competion! Somehow... I guess the judges thinks higher of it than I do myself
>>
>>449079
Did you see the work of the other competitors?
Also, if they will only use it online, that might explain
>>
File: artist-sebsmakesart.jpg (268 KB, 1440x1800)
268 KB
268 KB JPG
How was the effect achieved? I know it works with halftones, but I can't make heads on how it was worked in.
>>
File: file.png (297 KB, 491x316)
297 KB
297 KB PNG
I have a choice between two 4:3 raster images of the same subject at different sizes: 4000x3000px and 3840x2880px.
The first size is arbitrary, and the second is based on multiples of 120 found in standard resolutions.
Which is better, and why? Would the latter scale more cleanly between different display sizes?
>>
>>449243
3840/2=1920
2880/4=720

if you are taking pictures yourself set them to 4000x3000 because (AND ALSO IF) you want to be able and crop afterwards.
otherwise. clean scaling is clean.
>>
File: 6+56+56+5656.png (1.43 MB, 1023x1023)
1.43 MB
1.43 MB PNG
>>444142
whats the app that makes these types of pictures?
>>
>>449245
Thanks for the input.
>clean scaling is clean
Are you referring to the 120 based size, or the scaling method used by the display?
>>
is there a 'best' drawing app for the android?
idc if it's something paid. the most effective things in life will always cost shekels.
>>
File: curve peculiarity.png (12 KB, 324x300)
12 KB
12 KB PNG
Why do curves work like this? I pull the red band up, and it piques early. Topping out before hitting white. I pull the blue band down, and it bottoms out early, before hitting black. Why can I not tell the curves to stop doing that, and actually make a clean curve all the way through? If I wanted the colors to pique, I would just manually set a point up there. Photoshop shouldn't just assume I want the colors to pique after an arbitrary amount of pulling on the band.
>>
>>449723
I don't think 'assuming' to be the correct term here. it is just some basic function, probably a spline, that is being truncated in order not to assume colors outside the 0-255 range.
if you want a curve that does what you are describing just use additional anchor points...
I am just not really seeing the problem, I guess? though I can accept coining it a peculiarity that one has to encounter at some point (for the first time).
>>
File: curve peculiarity 2.png (14 KB, 306x394)
14 KB
14 KB PNG
>>449725
>I don't think 'assuming' to be the correct term here
Not technically assuming, I know. But because the curve is bad, the results are as good as an assumption on photoshop's behalf. I would think that adobe knows how to make a clean curve. Yet, I'm asked to add extra anchor points? Why not make it so that the curve always avoids the edge, unless I deliberately place an anchor point on the edge? Wouldn't that both be easier to use, and also get better results?

Look, I drew the red line to make the kind of curve I'm looking for. and then I used an anchor point to pull the blue band up to be "equal" to red. However, a single anchor point can't make that curve. It's too flat on the back and, and piques too early on the front end. Checking back on the red band, photoshop requires 3 anchor points in order to make the curve I drew. Might have been 2, but there's 1 point super close to the white point.

So here's my problem: I want more accuracy with less effort. Adding more anchor points means more fiddling than need be. Especially considering that I'm trying to use anywhere between 10 and 50 unique curves to get the job done. Playing with 3 bands per curve is already a hassle. I don't want to do 3 points per 3 colors for every curve.

And even if I were willing to go through that tedious process(I really might), I still want the curves to be very precise. Which I can't guarantee fiddling with anchor points. As who can really say if a 3 point band is making that perfect curve I'm looking for? You move an anchor point one pixel left or right, and the band bends, and you can't really tell if it's mathematically perfect, or slightly off.
>>
File: 2 anchor points.png (31 KB, 306x394)
31 KB
31 KB PNG
>>449728
hrm. maybe. idk.
I like how it just does what it is supposed to do, but I get that it is not intuitive to you and that something more convenient could be thought of.

I just don't know whether that is something I would want in an industry standard, professional, technical tool...
maybe an 'amateur-mode feature' with stuff like that would be nice, but then again why not use something easier like lightroom or some phone app in the first place?
It is THE thechnical photomanipulation tool after all.

the thing I would certainly want to have is a node system, though!
something like procedual texture creation in 3D or the compositing interface in nuke!
single-stack-of-layers based is just so old-school when you could have a system that allows you to plug information into any other layer without having to rely on multiple copies or stacking order. smart objects are convenient, but still I want more freedom, even if it takes a bit more time to get used to...
>>
File: color picker curves.png (18 KB, 304x277)
18 KB
18 KB PNG
>>449729
I'm not going to pretend to be some Photoshop pro. There's a bunch of stuff I do not know. But I have been using photoshop for a number of years. So I pick stuff up via trial an error. And I also obsessively crunched the numbers, and I'm fairly certain that the "C curve" would be pretty much the optimal curve for maintaining vivid color throughout the value spectrum from black to white. Right now, I only know how to express this through manually color picking, which is a huge hassle. So I'm trying to think of an easier way to get this blend. Curve layers look like the solution to my problems. Except the stupid friggin curve doesn't work right.

So please don't think of it as an "amateur mode". Think of it as an alternate, more balance mode. Because I've crunched the numbers, and its *is* more balanced than whatever the fug the curve is doing now. It's difficult to explain. But if all goes according to plan, then the color balance would look something like this in the color picker. It's difficult for me to draw without accidentally piquing the lines early myself. So just pretend I drew perfect curves.

This color curve is unlike the overlay blend mode. Which, in my black to white tests, it goes linearly from black to whatever color I choose, then linearly from the chosen color to white. Snap, snap, no curve.
And it's unlike the color blend mode, which tends to oversaturate the highs and lows, piquing saturation at both ends, and crosses the middle in kind of a concave dip. It's weird. You have to choose a very low saturation color to stop the piquing.
So yeah, I'm considering both of those options non viable.
>>
>>449730
right. I see. it seems you have thought about it more than I realized.

---

what you are doing probably makes sense, but I don't fully understand, so I don't think I can help you yet.

overlay blend mode increases the color channel values (RGB) in which color 2 is above mid and decreases the channel values that in color 2 are below mid.
the speed (read: intensity) at which it does so is dependent on how far from mid the channel value in color 2 actually is.
if you recursively apply the same color 2 via overlay again and again, you will not end up with color 2, but
- maxxed out channels that color 2 was above mid in and
- minned out channels that color 2 was below mid in.

color blend mode takes hue and chroma from color 2, which are calculated based on all 3 channels (together with luma). It is not the exact same as HSV but similar.
occasionally helpful, but weird most of the time.

---

feel free to post more details if you want.
I would provide any help that I am able to give!
>>
Hello everyone.
I'm a musician who makes some works for my band and I want to improve my skills and maybe land a job in this...
What do you recommend me in these times, learn vanilla Photoshop or go directly with the ai tools like Firefly?
>>
File: Color experiment 2.png (44 KB, 1920x1080)
44 KB
44 KB PNG
>>449733
Here's more information if you're interested. I think my math is off. But hopefully it conveys the idea.
Use the color picker, and scan back and forth along the bars to see the uh "trajectory?" of the cursor. The way it animates along the spectrum as you move it from black to white. You can see overlay is clean. going from black, to you chosen color, to white in a linear fashion. But then my colors sort of come ant a jaunt that makes the saturation appear more even. I don't think I captured that curve. But I like the results more than overlay.
>>
File: Color experiment 3.png (24 KB, 1062x529)
24 KB
24 KB PNG
>>449733
Here's another bit of info. Using the curve layer, I set the red band up halfway with only a single anchor point. And the blue and green down halfway with only single anchor points. This takes 808080 to c04040.(technically bf4040, because rounding or something. idk. That's fine) And not only that, when you scan the bar with the color picker, you can actually see the curve. The one I was looking for.

The top bar is curve. The middle bar is my jank math. And the bottom bar is overlay. The curve some how accounts for the proper amount of saturation shift required to get vivid colors. The problem is, if I push the curve too high, it piques too soon. If I could just get it to not do that, I would be so happy. Or at least if I could find a workaround to get the same results as a working curve, that would be great too.
>>
File: OverlayColorTests.jpg (855 KB, 2027x3326)
855 KB
855 KB JPG
>>449751
>>449752
here, I thought that maybe looking at it through the color wheel could be helpful! I think it gives you a better understanding of what is going on.

color is super weird. digital color even more so.
I agree that the linear interpolation looks bad.
if you have new insights - or if I misunderstood something - feel free to keep updating me!
(also: how did you create the palettes? black to white + single color overlayed (etc.) on top?)
>>
>>449754
>(also: how did you create the palettes? black to white + single color overlayed (etc.) on top?)
Yes.
Though for luminosity, I had to reverse it. black and white on top of color.

The color wheel looks like an accurate representation. You even represented the *spirit* of the manual adjustment, despite my jank math. I appreciate that.
Splines are definitely outside of my wheelhouse. So I guess I'll have to learn it. But fat good that would do me, because I don't know how to code anyway. It's not like I can make any plugins or mods for different curves. Learning how splines work will probably only teach me why the curve adjustment layer doesn't function they way I want, and then that's it.

I have been dabbling in Blender's nodes. So I'm starting to grasp a bit about shaders. A tiny bit. If I was tasked with creating an even curve in blender, I think I would be able to do it after some trial and error.

I truly believe that if my curve is ever doable in photoshop, it would unlock a sort of "universal" color palette for artists. I get that the current curve is user friendly and all that. But it could be *perfect.*
>>
File: teszt.png (925 KB, 770x583)
925 KB
925 KB PNG
How would you describe this style? Wanna look up lessons and more inspiration
>>
File: Krita_Wheel_HSY.jpg (163 KB, 613x1964)
163 KB
163 KB JPG
>>449756
>it would unlock a sort of "universal" color palette for artists
are you trying to solve color for photo manipulation and alike, or for digital painters primarily?
I feel like 'ideal' tools would look slightly different for either of them.

Krita is interesting in regards to alternative technical approaches!
they are purely a painting/drawing app, so they don't have to play by the same rules as Photoshop does.
in my mind one of the most successful instances of open source software - together with blender (?).
(picrel: Krita HSY color space)

---

blender and geo nodes is great. I can only recommend to keep learning nodes.
both geo nodes and the shader nodes!
as I said I am really craving for similar possibilities in photoshop, since it so incredibly flexible, while not enforcing as steep a learning curve as coding does.

honestly if you already had a certain kind of curve in mind, it would probably be easiest importing the image into blender, turning off the 3d rendering aspects (shadows) of the program, working in shader nodes on the mathematics (basically translating the calculations from wikipedia into a node setup) and then rendering out the one image (orthographic view) with your applied 'LUT' (I know it isn't technically a LUT - whatever!).

basically:
>calculate HSB from RGB
>split into H, S and B
>shift HSB according to preferred spline (Kochanek-Bartels?)
>recombine into HSB
>calculate back to RGB
>optional: create a control rig for easily changing tension, continuity and bias

since it is node based it doesn't require you to know any conventional programming, and since the equations are online, it doesn't require math skills.
>>
File: GradientMap.jpg (226 KB, 2086x1253)
226 KB
226 KB JPG
>>449761
I guess 2/2(?)

>>449751
>>449752
>>449754
more ideas/impressions for you to collect//consider
>>
File: Color experiment 4.png (143 KB, 1068x1106)
143 KB
143 KB PNG
>>449761
>honestly if you already had a certain kind of curve in mind, it would probably be easiest importing the image into blender, turning off the 3d rendering aspects (shadows) of the program, working in shader nodes on the mathematics (basically translating the calculations from wikipedia into a node setup) and then rendering out the one image (orthographic view) with your applied 'LUT' (I know it isn't technically a LUT - whatever!).
I was about to ask "why would I do all that?" And then I remembered I'm on /gd/ and not /ic/. From a graphic design perspective, I can see that being worth doing. Albeit a huge pain to set up, and needing switch to blender all the time to make adjustments. Still, it would probably get good results.

But for an artist who wants to see results immediately upon laying brush strokes, this isn't worth all the effort. It would be like working color blind, and then only using my color corrective glasses after I finished my work. Plus, there are just too many layers and groups and masks I'm dealing with. I wouldn't even know where to begin trying to correct every one in blender.

I'm going to be honest. I don't see myself learning splines. Not unless I saw an achievable goal at the end of it. And if it's not *too* hard to implement. Like, I don't know how to code, so it would be a tough learning curve trying to mod photoshop.

But regardless, here's a few visual examples for how I imagine a single point spline. I suppose, in a fashion, the tension is changing depending on how close it is to gray and full saturation. when it's fully saturated, its tension is such that it takes the shape of a triangle. Flush along the edges. And then as it get closer to gray, the tension changes to make it more smooth, until it becomes a flat line.
>>
>>449758
I’d describe it as fucking hideous! Hope this helps!
>>
>>449848
sorry anon, you might have misunderstood: I wasn't asking about your face
>>
>>448435
He said anything that isn't those platform sites you absolute dunce
>>
File: 754361245321.jpg (314 KB, 798x826)
314 KB
314 KB JPG
I want to edit the text of this AI image to basically match what dalle has given me but to edit it to the exact wording I want. would I learn to do that in something like adobe photoshop or after effects? I'm 10 years out of the loop of what program people use. I want to do it myself rather than trying to request it from someone
>>
File: blender.jpg (416 KB, 2497x2467)
416 KB
416 KB JPG
>>449828
>why would I do all that?
well, there is a reason I asked for the exact use case.
it is difficult for me aiming at a certain goal if I do not know it, you know.
honestly in some instances going through the hassle could be worth it. in others obviously not!

>blender
you could run blender in the background for creating color palettes? PS color picker allows to pick from other windows (outside of PS) [click inside of PS and then drag to another spot on your screen(s)]
not necessarily the most elegant solution, but could still work!

in case you are interested: I think just using the regular curves nodes is probably kind of giving you the sort of experience you are looking for. (picrel top image and node setup to its right)
curves there don't clip like they do in PS.

I didn't use blender much recently. so for exercise reasons I started trying a more technical approach as well, calculating HSV by hand.
would've planned to influence value with a custom spline, but honestly when I tried out the standard curves, I didn't feel much need for that anymore.
so I added what I got so far to picrel as well - just in case you want to toy around with that. if you find anything interesting, just post it here again for us to profit as well.

>>449960
yeah. PS is definitely the most capable and widely compatible solution.
whether it is worth it depends on your usage.
could be worth buying a single month? or you buy Affinity, which I am not using myself, but people seem to like. It is just not as industry-compatible as adobe software is.
or you start with paint.net, gimp or krita.
they won't compare to PS, but are free and will probably do the trick anyways. so while they aren't recommendable as long term work tools, they should all totally be fine for trying shit out.
>>
File: Color experiment 5.png (65 KB, 1127x489)
65 KB
65 KB PNG
>>449963
That's a lot of math. I don't feel like figuring it out at the moment. Maybe some other time. But I did open up to check the curve node. I've fiddled with it before, so I knew about it not displaying all three colors at once. The thing that caught my eye however, is that despite your claim that the curve isn't clipping, it looks like it's on the verge of clipping in your image. And there's a few buttons there that look like the affect tension. So I clicked the right most button, and it turns out to be an option to auto-clamp the colors. Effectively, creating the spline I was looking for. Or one close enough to it. I'm not sure if it's entirely accurate. Just visually speaking, it looks like it's still clipping slightly. But it still looks VERY close to what I had in mind. Try clicking that button, and see what results you get.

As for using blender as a palette: that's not a bad idea at all. Except, if I had it my way, I would like to paint in black and white, and use curves to colorize the image. Which is already what I'm doing. I'm only seeking better curves for more balanced results.

I can stack curves on top of each other by setting them all to a shallow clip. That way, they don't interfere with each other. And then I set a gray #808080 layer underneath the curves. By moving a single point up and down the middle of the curve uh map thingy, it will predictably affect the gray underlayer. With this set up, I can draw in the mask of each layer, and lay down base color. Midtones basically. And then, I can shade the gray layer to get lights and shadows. The curve layers doing all the work of color picking.

There's more to it than that. I do a lot more with layer arrangements to get proper color balancing. But that's the basic concept. That's my "use case" It gets good results even with curves not working the way I want. But the results could be perfect if they did.
>>
File: curve-clamped-unclamped.jpg (153 KB, 2032x818)
153 KB
153 KB JPG
>>449965
*because* the 'RGB Curves' won't allow you to work on each channel simultaneously, I separated into individual channels R, G and B to then apply a 'Float Curve' to each one individually. afterwards recombine them into RGB. (as you can see in the top right of my last posted image - everything within that white box together is equivalent to the yellow node underneath)
done.
you can now have all three curves on screen at once. not having to constantly switch between modes in ONE node.

the clamping wasn't necessary at smooth curves that seemed relevant for your case.
I checked again and there literally is no difference (picrel).
but stretching the curve as far out as you are doing, that is definitely worth doing, yeah.
>>
File: separate color.png (22 KB, 415x424)
22 KB
22 KB PNG
>>449968
2/2
oh that is cool! the separate colors node can output HSV if you click the dropdown menu! that is so much more convenient than having to build the calculator yourself kek
>>
File: Night_Scene2.jpg (71 KB, 500x296)
71 KB
71 KB JPG
Question to any industry people/professionals here. Do you have a niche or specific type of design you do? If so, how did you find it?

I've been doing motion graphics/graphic design for about 6 years now and I've mainly been a jack of all trades but I really feel unfulfilled by it. My problem is I have too many different styles I like and have a hard time nailing one down. Any advice? Thanks bros.
>>
Am I just being stupid or is Illustrator a huge pain in the ass to use? I can barely get it to do anything I want for shapes - adding curves, adjusting corners while keeping the line straight, trying to erase extra parts that stick out only half the time, nothing ever works perfectly. Is one of the pencil/brush tools foolproof to use?
>>
>>450409
The core functionality hasn't been updated in years. Affinity designer is far more intuitive. If Affinity had a smooth tool I would have ditched Illustrator ages ago.
>>
>>450410
I’ll have to try it. Even the pirated version of Illustrator from 2015 that I still have on my laptop is easier to use than the current release. It’s frustrating wanting to do simple scaling or transformations that any other image editing program has and it’s not possible in Illustrator
>>
File: 3dgifmaker87492.gif (2.24 MB, 333x333)
2.24 MB
2.24 MB GIF
How do I make 3d rotation gifs kinda like this, preferably in gimp or blender.
If I can make so different image both sides, that would be nice.
>>
I'm trying to get back into GD, I was getting into it pretty seriously but stopped for like 2 or 3 months because I was very frustrated with not knowing how to land a job and how much shit I had to do for free and with no guidance just to "fill up" my "experience"

Now I want to get back into it but have no idea where to start again because I already know most of the common stuff, so I need some help here
Last thing that happened before I stopped was getting into motion design with After Effects
>>
What do you actually need to do color correction with photographs or scanned print material?

I bought a laptop (Gigabyte A7 k1) earlier this year which I've barely used, It gets hotter then I'd like while gaming and it only has 90.9 sRGB coverage when i'm wanting to do color correction for the above stuff.

Trying to decide if I should try to sell it and get a different laptop (one i'm looking at has 72% NTSC, which is like 95-99% sRGB?) or a 100% sRGB (or maybe adobe RGB etc?) mini portable monitor or a full monitor I could plug it into or what.

If anybody has info on calibration hardware too I'd apperciate it.
>>
File: file.png (2.86 MB, 1859x820)
2.86 MB
2.86 MB PNG
What's the best way to get rid of the printer dots on scanned images? I've got GIMP and Krita as my disposal. In GIMP I've tried the symmetric nearest neighbor and selctive gaussian blur filters and those seem to work okay, but i'm not really an expert at these things. What's recommended for descreening? I don't have photoshop because I'm using Linux.

Here's the file I'm working with, scanned at 2400 DPI
https://litter.catbox.moe/z11mo3.png
>>
>>444142
save finished copy as a .bmp file
open in paint, select all and copy
paste into new paint
save bitmap
open in gimp/paint.net to save as whatever format

this should eliminate any metadata, but it won't eliminate any watermarked pixels that they can use to fingerprint the image.
>>
File: file.png (1.07 MB, 2050x877)
1.07 MB
1.07 MB PNG
>>450562 here
This is what it looks like after just selective gaussian blur and then symmetric nearest neighbor. It's okay, but I was wondering if it's possible to preserve more of the detail. Does it even matter for an image that's going to be printed at A4 size?
>>
What editing software do you guys think it's good to make simple dumb videos like this
>>
>>450562
>>450564
I'm >>450561

I've been looking into this a lot as prep for when I start to scan stuff.

I don't have all my resources compiled yet, but the most promising thing I've seen so far is AI based correction stuff, though I've also seen some decent results from people using specific workflows and then a PS plugin called Sattva or something like that.

Here's a thread on /a/ where I asked about it and somebody linked me the AI model for this: https://desuarchive.org/a/thread/257474231/#257515176, they also dropped their email address there and I still have them added on discord
>>
>>450567
That's a great thread. I found the chaiNNer github and I'm downloading the latest release. Do you have any idea where to find the bendel halftone model that's been mentioned? search engines only give me these previews and it's not on the openmodeldb website.

https://slow.pics/c/4fLnNfiG
https://slow.pics/c/ppdJGthK
>>
File: pattern suppression.jpg (409 KB, 1859x820)
409 KB
409 KB JPG
>>450562
>>450564
there is also the photoshop pattern suppression plugin
>>
File: template.jpg (327 KB, 1140x1140)
327 KB
327 KB JPG
I want to print physical tickets to a concert I'm going to, but there is no option to print on the website. There is nothing to print at all, but I would like physical tickets so I can give them to my GF for christmas.
I want it to be in the style of pic rel, but it can be much simpler. It would be for a different artist.

Would anyone be able to create the ticket for me in photoshop or something?
>>
>>450615
Nevermind on this.
>>
File: 2064574-n0.jpg (179 KB, 700x687)
179 KB
179 KB JPG
/p/ here
1.wanting to build a new rig with AMD 5600 CPU
to my knowledge Adobe Suit works best with Geforce GPU
but does the CPU matter as in intel or amd ???
For example my adobe camera raw still doesn't recognize my old radeon r9 GPU and everything's slow
but Photoshop itself uses GPU power so it's fine.

2.currently on windows 7 and thinking to upgrade to whatever to make use of the AI features in future.
Iam late in this but what windows version is recommended ? I refused to upgrade from 7 for a long time now..
Thanks in advance
>>
>>451265
Cpu brand doesn't matter for Adobe. Look up benchmarks to see if you are getting the best bang for your buck. https://benchmarks.pugetsystems.com/ I think the AI features are done on the cloud, but having a better gpu won't hurt. Windows 10 is only supported until 2025. If you want to future proof you would have to get 11.
>>
File: 1653681015337.gif (870 KB, 448x336)
870 KB
870 KB GIF
where can I find genuine /gd/ web developers and graphic designers for freelance work? Ideally I don't want to look for someone on Upwork or anything like that, how do I find freelancers here?
>>
Am I a retard?

I took graphic design in '12 and graduated but never did anything with the degree because I thought I wasn't as good as my peers.
I'm exchanging my limited graphic design skill for equivalent value of something else but the 'client's asks are starting to outpace that value.
Did I fuck up? How can I fix this situation?
>>
>>451283
forget this. my retarded brain didn't read the part of the email where I had the option to say no.
>>
>>451281
email me if you want I've been helping a lot of people at /wsr/ for a while
https://archived.moe/wsr/thread/761792/#761847
>>
>>444388
there was some anon years ago who claimed that he one-off threw together a piece like this in like 2004 and posted it online, and he accidentally started this entire trend. neon space pallette, gridline heightmap terrain, stylized sunrise/sunset behind. found it interesting. anyone know what I'm talking about?
>>
I’m an analyst. I want to make infographics for work. I could have this done internally, but I want to be more self sufficient.
Our data isn’t complex and is business intelligence related.
What program would I use? A quick google search says adobe creative cloud, but that’s just a suite of adobe products, right?
>>
>>451448
Adobe Illustrator. Indesign if you need a large document.
>>
>>451450
Okay. Sounds great, thank you
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (152 KB, 1280x720)
152 KB
152 KB JPG
I have gimp, don't got photoshop.
If I have several different images of a game with a fixed HUD, is there a way I can put all of the images into gimp on different layers and then isolate the HUD elements onto a new transparent layer? I don't know what combination of layer modes or masks or anything like that I would need to use
>>
>>449758
contemporary Matisse imitation kids story book flat collage style
>>
File: pug ponder.jpg (18 KB, 451x451)
18 KB
18 KB JPG
How should I make simple vector art for my shitty band? I drew a very basic little symbol that I want to use.
>>
where can I find big .svg packs for laser engravers. all the ones on ebay and etsy are some bootleg shit downloaded from elsewhere.
>>
>>451296
I usually claim all sorts of shit on 4chan. nobody can check since I'm anonymous. might have been me.
>>
>can kinda draw
>made some very simple sketches for friends for their little companies and that kinda thing
>need a job, fucking badly, by the end of the year ideally
>need a portfolio
I'm probably overthinking it, but is the way to go to take some mock prompts like from those prompt generator websites, make a few iterations, choose a final design, and make 2-3 good ones?
what other sites do people here frequent where you can look through someone's portfolio thread, talking about where they apply and how they got their first job? I need some real world examples
>>
File: asdfghjkl.gif (5.3 MB, 512x384)
5.3 MB
5.3 MB GIF
might be a shot in the dark - but does anyone know how to create this sort of effect?
>>
File: IMG_1014.png (411 KB, 673x513)
411 KB
411 KB PNG
Anyone have tips on graphs/charts? Will probably use illustrator, if that helps. I’m used to using LaTeX, so the charts are obviously not fancy. I’ll be using graphs/charts for business intelligence purposes (blog posts, not client products so I can get creative)
Examples would be cool, anything you like.
>>
File: IMG-20240131-WA0031.jpg (10 KB, 256x256)
10 KB
10 KB JPG
Can someone make a vector of this?
So i can scancut this in wood?

Maie the wheelsof the cart a little bigger too (pop out more)
>>
File: file.png (630 KB, 1920x1080)
630 KB
630 KB PNG
I want to make my own .svg patterns for laser engraving, instead of buying some half baked pack off of etsy. are there any telegram channels for them?
>>
>>444142
Is 3D modeling with blender a good skill to have with all those AR/VR that is coming in the future ?
>>
>>444142
Newfag to /gd/, help me out anons
What's the correct name of this effect? I know it uses zoom and shit, but there's another name for this besides of just "zoom in/out"?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ptz9yNTyBpc
>>
bump
>>
very amateur designer, just started school but I think I'm at least slightly competent
I really like the idea of working in music and I want to reach out to local bands and offer some free work just to get a sort of real portfolio
is this retarded? is there a better way of networking?
>>
File: penn.png (110 KB, 2022x912)
110 KB
110 KB PNG
How can I go more than 100% hardness in brush without looking like a pencil?
>>
>>453271
duplicate layer or increase contrast with adjustment layer (curves, levels, contrast,...)
you could also increase the resolution.
>>
File: 1706222134033458.jpg (70 KB, 605x586)
70 KB
70 KB JPG
Is video editing a viable career path? I like making videos and just about everything else makes me want to kill myself. AI makes just about every remaining creative career look bleak at the moment.
>>
>>453478
It Is, In fact If AI takes over then I feel like I'd do the same and go for the video editing job. But then again Clipchamp Is making and training an AI for editing videos so I'm not so sure how long that job would last. Let's hope for the best right now though.
>>
Has there ever been a /gd/ collaborative project?
I think something like a /gd/zine where people can sign up for a page each would be cool
no topic or anything, just whatever the fuck
>>
>>449968
>>449965
Yeesh, this board is slow. Nearly 5 months later, and this thread has barely moved. Well in any case, I figured I should share my new discovery. I figured out a way to trick photoshop into creating the curve I drew here: >>449730
It's a trick I worked out years ago, but never felt it was viable for painting, because it required re-setting a top layer, every time you painted on the bottom layer. So it was just cumbersome. However with this set up, it works universally.

In order to recreate it, just copy what's shown in the image. Not that I "inverted" the band of both curve layers. Making black to white and white to black. If you neglect that, then it won't blend right. If you're like "what the hell is he yappin about?" Just run the color picker across the red line. And you will see how all the colors trace a curve.

That curve is maintaining even saturation, while going from black to white. When you paint on the color burn layer, it will take colors to black, but in a pleasing way that maintains saturation so it doesn't feel washed out like normal black blending. It will also shift the hue down to whichever RBG channel it's closest to. So yellows will gradually hue shift down to orange. And oranges will gradually hue shift down to red. But if you're on the green side of yellow, then it will instead hue shift down to green. If you're on the blue side of cyan, it will hue shift down toward blue. This hue shift appears very even as well.

Painting in the color dodge layer does all the same things, except becoming lighter, and hue shifting "up" rather than down. Orange will lighten to yellows, and blues will lighten to cyans. Again, in an even way.

The downside to all this, is that the colors get crunchy near pure white or pure black. That's simply because there aren't enough colors to divide into such small increments. A natural limitation of math and 8bit color. Also, you can't effect pure white with burn, nor pure black with dodge.
>>
>>453550
Here are some examples. The left and right balls use the same exact masks. Only difference is, the balls on the right are using basic black and white for shading. Which of course looks like ass. And the left balls are using my set up. Notice how it clings onto saturation and shifts hues.
>>
Beginner here, how do I generate this effect in Photoshop?
>>
File: 1713926907614568.webm (3.63 MB, 1908x876)
3.63 MB
3.63 MB WEBM
>>444142
apologies if I'm on the wrong board, 3dgd didnt seem like the right place for his.

Is there any software that could allow me to easily perform pic rel?

I and puppeteering all the images and using a screen recorder on the main, parent media at the moment. It works, but I wonder if there is an easier way

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.