[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/gd/ - Graphic Design

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: F3R0VZ4WMAAgFmg.png (194 KB, 417x607)
194 KB
194 KB PNG
Is MDE/Sam Hyde's current art style cool or embarrassing? Sincere and naive or ironic?
>>
it's BA$ED & GIGAPILL'D 9000
>>
>>447629
niger
>>
>>447629
You know how they say beauty is a reflection of one’s soul? Well have you seen what his group of friends look like?
They’re all ugly looking people, so it shouldn’t be so surprising that the art they produce is of the same nature.

I don’t dislike them at all as people it’s just an honest observation.
>>
I mean, it’s not bad, it’s kind of unsettling to look at but not to the point that I just don’t want to look at it. Does it job and reflects Sam’s thing, I guess.
>>
File: mpv-shot0026.png (3.3 MB, 1920x1080)
3.3 MB
3.3 MB PNG
>>447629
on the subject of MDE aesthetics, how did the editing team accomplish this analog video effect and have it be in 4K? there's no way its just a filter.
>>
>>
File: somebody-proxy.png (177 KB, 509x500)
177 KB
177 KB PNG
>>447629
it looks very web 1.0 of which I approve
>>
i personally love his HWD transitions. im trying to create stuff in that style as a way to learn more about after effects and photoshop
>>
this particular one is not super strong, but the mondo megabits stuff is fantastic as nearly every design to come out of mde is. especially the stuff from @konzept.globe
>>
>>449130
i'd imagine he ran the final thing through some analog equipment like a vcr or something, remember he said he hates doing stuff the cheap way and that there's no filter that can convincingly do this kind of stuff
there was a pic that was probably on his old instagram of him in a room sitting on an office chair with something on his lap smoking a pipe, i'd imagine that had something to do with it
>>
>>449130
It could have been rescanned - meaning you use high quality CRT like Sony Wega and then record the CRT screen with 4K camera and put it back to video editor to get this look.

Could have also used Blackmagic Intensity video capture card.
>>
>>447629
those are literally all subjective, like seriously you cant form your own opinion? do you like it or not? Im not a sam hyde fan but hes been doing graphic design for years so I highly doubt its "naive"
>>
>>450254
wanting to spark discussion and hear opinions
>can't you not form your own opinion?
>>
>>447629
It's cool but really nothing that should inspire anyone

It's basically an ironic amalgamation of his entire upbringing on dah computaaz put to mograph
>>
what in the web 1.0 is this shit
>>
>>451116
can't you see?!
it's le cool!
>>
>>449502
me too, its his best work.
>>
>>447960
the average person is ugly
social media destroyed the soul of everybody pretty
its the weird goofy people that make cool shit
>>
>>451366
no the average person is, by definition, average.
If everyone was ugly then that would then be the average. Most people you'd meet walking down the street aren't models, but you don't wince by seeing their faces either.

His friends are ugly as fuck tho lmao, inside and outside
>>
>>451370
average people are now much below average (pushing ugly) because of soft foods corn syrup diet messing up our jaws and dna from birth, and our fucked up social media ideals
>>
>>447629
Thanks doc
>>
>>447629
Dude his stuff has always been sick and innovative, the problem is he's a fucking child and is physically unable to be forthright. Everything he makes has to be behind 20 gorillion layers of irony or instantly retorted with some stupid blackpill shit. Take this clip video for example https://youtu.be/5sKW_E25qBE?si=lvlMEshrX0Bh8egT interesting monologue about transcendental artwork and the human condition up until five minutes where he realizes he's being too vulnerable and instantly goes into the "women can't do this only men can" shit. Same thing with this tee design. It's a weird, technophilic, flashy in your face design that has so much potential but, it just needs to the word "chike" on it, okay? Would be so much better if he could drop the /pol/ humor and create cool shit apolitically
>>
>>451823
based.
so much this! I appreciate your honest, human take!
>>
>>447629
>>449130
>>449218
Does anyone know what this design style name is?
>>
>>447629
ever see the face of a beautiful woman?

its very simple and delecate and when you try to draw it, you find it is much more difficult that youd think, so instead, you decide to draw the most hideous renditon of the human form possible...

yeah thats what this looks like... its just a bunch of crap slapped together
>>
>>447629
it's trying too hard
>>
>>449502
>>451317

He doesn't do the bumpers for HWD, most of those are konzept.globe

https://www.instagram.com/konzept.globe/
>>
>>449218
This. Over the years I've learned to appreciate less complex design as long as it's creative.phdm
>>
>>453518
Does Sam even do motion gfx anymore? Seems like he juat pays other people to do it now.
>>
>>447629
The stock is definitely in a downward trajectory. Only held up by sam being good at avoiding mainstream memes - these always die in cringe within long.
He still slips up, like when he allows his team to dub the massively overrused black man exaggerated laugh audio (the "oh no no no" one) into his videos.

Sam just isn't cutting edge any more, and he only focuses on perfecting what he sees as the peak of his aesthetic, and his advice giving internet dad persona. We don't need more of those. The only funny thing he's done in the last 5 years is the video from the boxing fight where he says he's coming for Hasan Piker "in real life"
>>
>>447629
World Peace graphics are still some of the best I've ever seen https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kT8vPNsrACo
>>
>>453813
I forgot to mention the saddest part, these graphics were what Sam submitted that he made with Pomp&Clout but all the text and WP logos were erased and only the cast names left. Sad stuff.
>>
File: IMG_4646.jpg (30 KB, 517x510)
30 KB
30 KB JPG
>>451823
Have an updoot!
>>
>>451823
Have some gold, kindly stranger

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.