[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/gd/ - Graphic Design

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: IMG_4849.png (3 KB, 336x47)
3 KB
3 KB PNG
I’ve got a 300 page kink comic to remaster and I need to get the font sets just right to preserve the authors intent.

The one on the left is straight from the comic. The one on the right is Gill Sans MT, Size 26, all bolded, second half italicized. Written in MS Paint to mimic that crunchy feel.

It’s not a match, but it’s the closest I’ve found. How would I find matches to font samples? Especially if it’s crunchy in quality
>>
Take a screenshot of some text and run it through https://www.whatfontis.com/

If you cant find it there, try https://en.m.likefont.com/

If your text is too low resolution you can zoom in on it, screenshot, upload to vectorizer.ai, screenshot your cleaned up result and run that through those sites.
>>
>>455623
looks almost the same, you only need to make it bolder. no reason for ms paint, just make it in lower resolution in ps
>>
>>455686
Found it eventually via brute force.
It’s GillSans MT Professional Edition 2010 Heavyskin size 24 with light artifacting. Got it pixel perfect when aged just right.

Second question. Let’s say this work is black and white. Black is often used wholesale to represent brown, blue, and dark red. (Blood is solid black). I want to colorize some shit.
Only one problem. The black is the same black as the outlines. So any paint bucket or magic select fucks up everything. And my hands are too unsteady to create a new outline manually without it looking different
>>
>>455698
get someone else to help you with that teamwork makes the dream work after all thats what my goyslop tv show told me
>>
>>455698
Practice makes perfect with stroking lines and with 300 pages you'll have plenty of time to improve.
Assuming you're using Photoshop or Gimp you could also make a path along the lines and use the stroke path tool, or use a layer mask to hide the colorizing layers in the places you want to stay black.
Do you have a safe page or panel you could post for reference?

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.