[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/gd/ - Graphic Design

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

Im beginner designer and recently I got offer from "99designs". It seems off to me because there is no good reson for them to choose me for that project and there is no clear payment method from them. What do u think?
>>
These are earlier conditions of colaboration
>>
NO.

all work demands a contract. thats simple.
and get a retainer half to a third or some such up front for even asking for your time.

2 days is stupid. what kind of person interested in a successful project gives it a two day deadline.

none of this makes any sense.
>>
>>455825
lmao they're gonna use whatever you send them and block you before you see a dime
>>
>>455829
Don't see what they could get out of it.
>>
>>455825
payments will be made via a Nigerian prince
>>
There's no way in hell this is legitimate. A large company like 99designs wouldn't just randomly message someone via Telegram lmao
>>
>>455835
you don't see what they could get out of free work?
are you retarded?
>>
>>455841
Unless the logo is specific to a business then it's worthless. Nobody buys generic logos.
>>
>>455845
>design 20 logos for our company
did you even read the messages you posted?
>>
>>455845

>Nobody buys generic logos.

Gee, that must be why if you do a search for "generic logos" you get pages of links to articles warning against using them and teaching people how to spot and avoid them with titles like:

>Generic logos: how to spot and avoid them

>How To Spot & Avoid Generic Logos

>Generic Logos: How to Spot & Avoid Overused Design Concepts

>What is a generic logo? Avoiding overused logo designs

That discuss facts such as:

>Generic logos are an unfortunately common issue in the branding world...
>Unfortunately, business leaders investing in logo design are often influenced by what’s already present in the market.

Anyone who has spent any time here has seen this in full effect when some noob says he needs to design a logo and has no idea where to start, and a host of know-nothing retards tell him that he should look at what other companies (or organizations, or sports teams or bands or whatever) in the same competitive pool or field or selling the same product are using and copy it, just not too close.

Regardless, what anyone might get out of stealing work isn't what matters, it's what they stand to lose, which in this case is nothing.

But my guess is that like most "be an artist!" scams they ( which is likely just a scammervpretending to be from this company?) will either request some processing fee or other money to complete the deal, or it's just straight up phishing/identity theft.

Make no mistake,
>Payment will be made through our payment method

is a gullibility test.
>>
>>455825
Even if they agreed to pay 100% upfront I wouldn't work for them. The cunty tone tells me that they'll be very difficult to work with.

Stay away.
>>
>>455861
this really is true

pretty good scam for scammers to get material to build other scams with unsearchable content, made to order and delivered quick
>>
>>455825
reject. contract and upfront payment first.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.