[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/gd/ - Graphic Design

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: proxy-image (21) (2).jpg (139 KB, 720x720)
139 KB
139 KB JPG
How do you make these things? I've tried to find a piece of software that can add all the right filters and text but so far I've found nothing...
>>
File: 1000010326_Glitch.jpg (925 KB, 1665x2048)
925 KB
925 KB JPG
>>455828
If you mean taking clean images and making them appear to be corrupted digital/ video content by adding streaks, lines, bands, artifacts, color offsets, static, distortion etc. known as "glitching" you can do it a number of ways-

https://glitchology.com/glitch-art-guides/beginners-guide-to-getting-started-with-glitch-art/

If you want a simple but powerful program designed specifically for doing glitch art/effects, look up Glitchlab...picrel was done with it in less than a couple of minutes
>>
>>455830
Thanks for sending me int the right direction. How about the text portion of the image?
>>
>>455830
Thanks for sending me in the right direction. What about the text portion of the image?
>>
File: 1000010357_Glitch.jpg (140 KB, 2048x1377)
140 KB
140 KB JPG
>>455843
Just use the appropriate typeface that mimics the kind of computer display/closed captioning/OCR typeface you want and add it to the image prior to adding the streaks and other stuff, paying attention to not distort those areas so much that they become illegible.

Picrel is a slightly condensed Atari typeface filtered in Glitchlab
>>
>>455828
why? every piece of unoriginal "muh motivation" drivel you can think of has already been uninterestingly put on a picture of an old statue with cheesy textures
>>
>>455828
vaporgram on ios or android is good

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.