[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/gd/ - Graphic Design

Name
Options
Comment
Verification
4chan Pass users can bypass this verification. [Learn More] [Login]
File
  • Please read the Rules and FAQ before posting.
  • Additional supported file types are: PDF

08/21/20New boards added: /vrpg/, /vmg/, /vst/ and /vm/
05/04/17New trial board added: /bant/ - International/Random
10/04/16New board for 4chan Pass users: /vip/ - Very Important Posts
[Hide] [Show All]

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: Apocalypse_Then_16x9.jpg (36 KB, 1000x563)
36 KB
36 KB JPG
Offset printer wants single page files, not spreads.

how much bleed for gutter edge of file?
(printer hasnt responded yet...)
>>
>>456975
>printer hasnt responded yet
That's your answer. I'm going to guess you have images that spread across two pages and want to know how much space to leave between when you cut them in half. The answer is you can't know exactly. That depends on where they are in the book. Prepress software will automatically calculate how much to subtract from the "middle" in order to keep the outside edge consistent for cutting.

Of course I'm guessing what you want because your post doesn't really describe the problem you're having. You can make a good guess by doing some math yourself but I suspect you wouldn't know where to start...
>>
>>456992
why be a dick?
you dont have to guess shit. i have spreads, they want pages. thats the fucking problem, dickhead.
>>
>>456975
internet suggests some types of perfect binding dont require any bleed at the gutter laid out for single pages, and that some do.

should hear from the printer today.

crossing my fingers for the swiftest path forward.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.