[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Trinitarians, why does God need to be three persons?

Why can't he just be one person?
>>
>>16530979
Because you can't dab on Pagans if you're basically one yourself
>>
>>16530979
>Why can't he just be one person?
Developmental Cognition and BioElectric "super-conduction" via Physiological segments of the body, which in unison allows for perceptions of reality simole not possible before, meaning youre already surrounded by irrefutable proof but have none of it identified for you to see connections.
>>
>>16531009
Where do these words appear in the Bible?
>>
>>16530979
God is necessarily omnipotent, but to be fully omnipotent, he must also have the character of ultimate weakness. The person of the Trinity who characterizes this is the Son.

In order to do that, God must be the object of his own intellect, in order to contemplate the person (a person means here an individual with their own distinct will), distinct in character, but of the same essence, who characterizes this. This proceeds the Son.

In order to proceed the Son, the Father proceeds the action of his own contemplation, which takes the form of the Holy Spirit. This action of contemplation is the relation of the Father and the Son, and is the only relation necessary to proceeds the Son.

This fulfills the necessity of divine simplicity. No other persons are necessary.
>>
>>16531139
>he must also have the character of ultimate weakness

Why?
>>
>>16531148
Since you know the idea that the Son was both fully mortal and fully divine, it means he has the character of mortal weakness, and by his nature, capable of it to the furthest extent. Beforehand, God, if omnipotent, must be potentially capable of all action, meaning he must be capable of having the nature of mortality. Mortal weakness isn't a contradiction of omnipotence, it's the fulfillment of it.

If you disagree, state why.
>>
>>16531173
>the Son was both fully mortal and fully divine

What verse says that?
>>
>>16531178
He died. This is indisputable if you're already this far in.

He says in John 10:30, "I and the Father are one."
>>
>>16531190
>He died

So he was mortal at that time, hence not divine. Correct?

>He says in John 10:30, "I and the Father are one."

Did he say "I and the Father are one god"?
>>
>>16530979
>Trinitarians, why does God need to be three persons?

It's one of the few blatantly non-Abrahamic additions to Christianity. The other 90% is just Jewish shit. Makes sense since all the apostles were Jewish just like Jesus.

>>16531009
>Developmental Cognition and BioElectric "super-conduction" via Physiological segments of the body, which in unison allows for perceptions of reality simole not possible before, meaning youre already surrounded by irrefutable proof but have none of it identified for you to see connections.

The most pure example of unmedicated schizophrenia on 4chan outside of /x/.
>>
>>16531201
So you're only capable of mouse crumb objections.

>So he was mortal at that time, hence not divine. Correct?
The Biblical evidence shows he has a dual nature, and they reinforce analysis about the Trinity, and vice versa. If you refuse the Biblical evidence, you're not honest in this discussion.

>believe in God, believe also in me.
>Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but by me.
>John 14:1; 6
If not one God, then one what? Do you think the Son is lying in John 14:1?
>>
>>16531292
>The Biblical evidence shows he has a dual nature

Where?

>If not one God, then one what?

One in purpose, unity, cohesion
>>
>>16530979
God can be whatever he wants, he's God.
>>
File: The Devil is No. 1.jpg (55 KB, 1000x667)
55 KB
55 KB JPG
>>16530979
Satan tried squeezing His way into being a God somehow hence He invented the trinity.

The Son of God is the Devil forsaken at Golgotha worshiped by Christians.
>>
File: 1586889564389.webm (1.1 MB, 198x360)
1.1 MB
1.1 MB WEBM
>>16531106
>Where do these words appear in the Bible?
Hahah, you must be an A student.

Hey, dipshit, the world is a living organism...reread what I posted and accept reality or dont.

>>16531273
>The most pure example of unmedicated schizophrenia on 4chan outside of /x/.
Let me guess....YOURE NOT A DOCTOR OF ANY KIND?!

HOW DID I KNOW?!?!??

>>16531273
>It's one of the few blatantly non-Abrahamic additions to Christianity.
https://youtu.be/mudmi7GW2bk

Youre not a Theologian (PhD), so what are (You)?

>The other 90% is just Jewish shit.
>video
Youre not a Theologian (PhD), so what are (You)?

>just like Jesus.
YOURE NOT A GENETICIST OR MOLECULAR BIOLOGIST, WHAT ARE (YOU)?
>>
>>16531178
>>16531201
>>16531378
these
>>
>>16531292

As stated on wikipedia -

"While the developed doctrine of the Trinity is not explicit in the books that constitute the New Testament, the New Testament contains several Trinitarian formulas, including Matthew 28:19, 2 Corinthians 13:14, Ephesians 4:4–6, 1 Peter 1:2, and Revelation 1:4–6"
>>
>>16530979
Because the watchtower society said so.
>>
>>16531414
Based on what?
>>
>>16531106
>>16531178
>>16531378
>Woe unto us! who shall deliver us out of the hand of these mighty Gods?
>these are the Gods that smote the Egyptians with all the plagues in the wilderness.
>>
>>16531378
Just because he can, does it mean he did?
>>
>>16531400
>Let me guess....YOURE NOT A DOCTOR OF ANY KIND?!
Better than a doctor actually my job involves working in community care and looking after mentally disabled people.
Your flourish of random words stuck together in a meaningless array is classic schizophrenia. Didn't have anything to do with Christianity either.
An ordinary GP doesn't know as much as I do when it comes to autism, schizophrenia and dementia as disorders.

>>16531400
>Youre not a Theologian (PhD), so what are (Y
Sam Shamoun isn't a qualified biblical scholar...
You can tell because he will quote three different parts of the bible together as an argument for a trinity in the old testament. Pure stupidity. Ordinary readers of the bible don't do that. Amateur biblical enthusiasts don't do that, but Stupid Sam Shamoun does. Because Sam Shamoun is stupid.

>>16531400
>YOURE NOT A GENETICIST OR MOLECULAR BIOLOGIST, WHAT ARE (YOU)?
?
He's literally "king of the Jews" in the New testament.
>>
>>16531414
>>16531441
https://quod.lib.umich.edu/cgi/k/kjv/kjv-idx?type=Long&q1=mighty+Gods
>>
>>16530979
Because then they cant worship a man without looking like pagans.
>>
>>16531456
>Woe unto us! who shall deliver us out of the hand of these mighty Gods?
>>these are the Gods that smote the Egyptians with all the plagues in the wilderness.
These are the pagan Philistines speaking who did not know all the gods are just servants of Yahaweh Almighty.
>>
>>16531503
>DONT TAKE THE HINT, JUST LARP TO YOURSELF "NO ME"

FUKKEN, SMART....AND YOURE A DIRTBAG USING YOU (((JOB))) IN SERVICE.

>An ordinary GP doesn't know as much as I do when it comes to autism, schizophrenia and dementia as disorders.

YOU BELIEVE YOUR OWN LIES.

YOURE NOT DOCTOR....WHAT THE FUCK, DUDE.....

YOU WORK IN M.D.

***AND YOURE STILL LARPING A DOCTOR ON THE INTERNET!***

WHAT

THE

FUCK

IS

WRONG

WITH

YOU?

>Stop lying on the internet you embarrasment............
>t.YOUR FATHER
>>
>>16531561
All praise to the Goddesses and Gods of the universes.

>>16531382
Jew
>>
>>16531441
What happened to the generation of 1914?
>>
they all died and Satan grabbed a holt of them hauling each off to Hell in his handbasket
>>
>>16530979
>>
>>16531629
They are in heaven
>>
>>16531629
>>16531656
>>
>>16531666
What about it?
>>
>>16530979
>why does God need to be three persons?
it doesn't.

There's that whole Orthodox Sophiology thing, that insists that Wisdom/Sophia is the 4th aspect.
There's Jung's "Answer to Job", that insists that the Devil is yet another aspect of God.
Then there's archaeological evidence on Asherah, as Yahweh's wife.
etc.

Aaaand we're back to a whole pantheon already.
>>
>>16531666
Jesus Christ! it's Satan!
>>
>>16530979

Nigga because that's what was revelated in scripture.
>>
>>16531627
Those who worship idols are disgraced
all who brag about their worthless gods
for every god must bow down to him.
Jerusalem has heard and rejoiced,
and all the towns of Judah are glad
because of your justice, O Yahaweh!
For you, O Yahaweh, are supreme over all the earth;
you are exalted far above all gods.
You who love Yahaweh, hate evil!
He protects the lives of his godly people
and rescues them from the power of the wicked.
Light shines on the godly,
and joy on those whose hearts are right.
May all who are godly rejoice in Yahaweh
and praise his holy name!
>Psalm 97:7-12
>>
>>16531503
>You can tell because he will quote three different parts of the bible together as an argument for a trinity in the old testament. Pure stupidity.
Well, why wouldn't he? The New Testament, for example, illumines many Old Testament passages and provides the proper interpretation for them - Hebrews 1 being the most pointed example. If the NT exposits that certain psalms dedicated to Yahweh actually find their fulfillment in Jesus, then it's only natural to conclude that the Yahweh said psalm is talking about is Jesus.
>Ordinary readers of the bible don't do that.
That's why they're ordinary.
>Amateur biblical enthusiasts don't do that,
That's why they're amateur.
>>
>>16531674

No, read my post >>16531139

>>There's that whole Orthodox Sophiology thing, that insists that Wisdom/Sophia is the 4th aspect.
God already has perfect intellect. Wisdom as a separate divine person with the same essence is not necessary.
>There's Jung's "Answer to Job", that insists that the Devil is yet another aspect of God.
Satan is not necessary because he does not have the same essence, and otherwise is characterized by being an infinitely less perfect being than the Son.
>Then there's archaeological evidence on Asherah, as Yahweh's wife.
God already has the power of omnipotent generation, this is an especially stupid gotcha.
>>
File: giphy.gif (1.37 MB, 480x324)
1.37 MB
1.37 MB GIF
>>16531704
>Yahaweh
yee haw
>>
>>16531862
Yah.
>>
File: 1698028126784048.jpg (329 KB, 1284x1284)
329 KB
329 KB JPG
>>16531674
/thread. Trinitarianism is yet more bastardized jewish mysticism
>>
>>16530979
>Trinitarians, why does God need to be three persons? Why can't he just be one person?
We stole Brahma the Father, Vishnu the Son, and Shiva the Holy Ghost, from Hindus.
Basically we are thieves as Jews are thieves of Ancient Egypt/Kemet pyramid text.
>>
File: 3's God.png (25 KB, 800x825)
25 KB
25 KB PNG
3's God
>>
>>16531139
>No other persons are necessary.
why?
>>
File: john 1.jpg (212 KB, 885x658)
212 KB
212 KB JPG
it's simple

crazy thing is this is even in the jw bible and they still deny it
>>
>>16532843
Where does John say Jesus is the same god he was with?
>>
>>16532848
right here
>>16532843
>In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

>The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.
>>
>>16532861
Right, so he was with God while also being called a god

So there are two different gods, not one
>>
>>16532898
first i don't believe you're this stupid and are obviously being intellectually dishonest

second, "the Word was God" /= "being called a god"
>>
>>16532941
I think it's the same faggot walrusing me. Do you think it's a bot?
>>
>>16532941
What's John :11 in biblical Greek please?
>>
File: john 1 greek.jpg (79 KB, 1243x324)
79 KB
79 KB JPG
>>16532983
check and mate

i hope someday the veil is lifted from your eyes and you can come to know the real Jesus
>>
>>16533162
Thank you

Now how do you say "the word was a god" in biblical Greek?
>>
>>16532941
Guys, there's a very logical explanation for all this: The New Testament is just bullshit.
>>
>>16530979
For the most part, because of the book of John and this one time the apostles worshiped Jesus in Luke when you're only supposed to worship God. The Trinity is born from reconciling "God is one" and "the Word was with God, and the Word was God."
>>
>>16533177
>worshiped Jesus in Luke

Verse?
>>
>>16533169
Not him, but from what I understand, Biblical Greek lacked the English equivalent of "a," meaning it wouldn't say "the word was a God" and would instead say "the Word was one of the Gods."
>>
>>16533177
> "the Word was with God, and the Word was God."

John 1:1 says Jesus is a god, not God
>>
>>16533169
it is of little importance if something is grammatically correct if it goes against the enitre interpretation of the rest of the bible, especially if the nwt is inconsistent on its own interpretations of greek in the same chapter

Jesus would not have accepted worship if he weren't God

in the beginning the Word (Jesus) was there. all things were created though the Word. how can Jesus be a creation if all things were created through Jesus?
>>
>>16533190
I was wrong, it was Matthew.
>And those in the boat worshiped him, saying, “Truly you are the Son of God.”
Matthew 14:33

The only time the word that is translated as "worshiped" and it's variations are used are in reference to God, idols, and the Beast in Revelations.
>>
>>16533192
Can you quote Matthew 7:9 please?
>>
>>16533198
Not how Greek from that time period works.
>>
>>16533209
What's the greek word for worshipped here?

>>16533207
>little importance if something is
grammatically correct if it goes against the enitre interpretation of the rest of the bible,

I agree!

The rest of the Bible teaches that the Father alone is Almighty God and that Jesus is a lesser god than the Father

Do we agree?

>in the beginning the Word (Jesus) was there. all things were created though the Word. how can Jesus be a creation if all things were created through Jesus?

God created Jesus, and God used Jesus to create everything else

Hence why Jesus is the only-begotten Son

Do we agree?
>>
>>16533192
You're on the right track, but John 1:1 says that the Word (logos) is God/god (theos). Theos could refer to the unique supreme God, or to a god in general. Scholars I've read generally agree that it's saying "God" in a qualitative sense, i.e. that the logos has the quality of God-ness, which could be interpreted either way. So both translations "God" and "a god" are possible. I prefer David Bentley Hart's translation of "the Word was god" because it preserves the ambiguity. However, later in John's Gospel it does outright say "The God" (ho theos) which unambiguously means the supreme God.
>>
>>16533218
how do you say "the word was a god" in biblical Greek?
>>
>>16533169
Theos en ho Logos
>>
>>16533223
>God created Jesus
hmmm let's check John 1

"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God"

nope Jesus was there in the beginning.
>>
>>16533233
Thank you!

>>16533236
Yes because Jesus is God's first creation!
>>
>>16533223
>What's the greek word for worshipped here?
προσεκύνησαν, which translates to something like, "to prostrate." Last time I checked, I couldn't find a usage of it or it's variations which didn't refer to either God or a false thing to worship. It'd be weird if in this one instance it was taken as a different meaning.
>>
>>16533249
Unger’s Bible Dictionary says that this word literally means to ‘kiss the hand of someone in token of reverence or to do homage.’

An Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words, by W. E. Vine, says that this word “denotes an act of reverence, whether paid to man . . . or to God.”

In Bible times pro·sky·neʹo often included literally bowing down before someone of high stature.

The word for godly worship is latreia. Does Jesus ever receive latreia?
>>
>>16533225
The thing of it is, people who spoke Greek or were familiar with Greek formed the ideas of the Trinity. Combining this with the fact that I don't think God would allow a heresy to completely and totally dominate to the extent it does, I am forced to conclude the Trinity is correct.
>>
>>16533261
Why do the Bible only use it for God, the Beast, and idols? Why should I believe in this one, singular instance it is not being used in religious reverence or false reverence?
>>
>>16533283
Can you quote Genesis 23:7 from the septuagint please?
>>
>>16533277
> I don't think God would allow a heresy to completely and totally dominate to the extent it does

Jesus literally said it would happen
>>
>>16533236
>>16533246
John 1:3
>All things were made through Him, and without Him nothing was made that was made.

Isaiah 44:24
>Thus says the Lord, your Redeemer, And He who formed you from the womb: “I am the Lord, who makes all things, Who stretches out the heavens all alone, Who spreads abroad the earth by Myself;
>>
>>16533277
I accept the trinity mate, I was just explaining the linguistics. Like I said in my post, John 20:28 explicitly says that Jesus is God.
>>
>>16533277
>I don't think God would allow a heresy to completely and totally dominate to the extent it does, I am forced to conclude the Trinity is correct.
God has always allowed the pagan nations to believe in the pagan beliefs. He only considers it adultery when the sons of Jacob believe in this nonsense because they are married to him. The rest of the people have always been pagan from the beginning. God does not expect any better from them.
>>
>>16533302
I was talking about the New Testament, but fair enough.

>>16533305
So salvation was offered and snatched away like a cruel practical joke for two millennium?
>>
>>16533321
Except the New Testament was also given to non-Jews, as shown with the Great Commission. We know enough that even in a hypothetical situation where the ignorant are allowed to plead ignorance as an excuse, we know enough that we wouldn't be able to do so, and the words of some rando American who's prophecies were wrong is not enough to convince me.
>>
>>16533338
Israel and Judah are people who God took out of the world of paganism and taught them the truth, told them how to worship correctly and set them apart from the rest of the people because he loved their ancestors Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, and promised them that he would personally be God of their descendants.

They made a covenant with God where they swear they will always be loyal to him and always obey him and his laws and always walk in his ways and in exchange God blesses them to be above all other people and live in peace and prosperity and always enjoy the best of the best. But they are under the threat of a great curse if they turn away from God, abandon his laws and worship other gods, and if they engage in the pagan practices and beliefs the other people engage in.

He told them, "do not worship me like the nations around you worship their gods." Believing in the trinity is a pagan belief the nations around them have aways believed in since the beginning, that God told them to avoid. The New Testament is more paganism that they were taught to avoid at all cost. It teaches them to stop obeying the laws of God and abandon his path, which is what triggers the curse against them and makes God hate them and destroy them.

Jesus told them, "eat whatever you want", when God told them, "only eat clean animals and you will be holy. You must never eat unclean animals or you will be defiled." Christianity does away with the law and does away with the daily sacrifices which is a very important part of the correct way to worship God. There's a whole book about how to sacrifice correctly.

All non-Israelites are able to abandon their pagan beliefs, stop worshipping their pagan gods and bow down to the Most High God and worship him alone. Read the teachings God taught the Israelites and try to obey them as best as possible in order to please God and seek his favor and approval. Then God will love and bless them.
>>
>>16531412
The Trinitarian formula is even more explicit in 1 John 5:7, and that's the word of God that I believe in along with the rest.
>>
>>16533277
>Combining this with the fact that I don't think God would allow a heresy to completely and totally dominate to the extent it does, I am forced to conclude the Trinity is correct.
By this logic LGBTBBQ and White Genocide migration policies are also "correct" as every Christian Church on the planet affirms at least one of the two.
>>
File: BibleKJV.jpg (14 KB, 320x240)
14 KB
14 KB JPG
>>16533305
"And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it."
- Matthew 16:18
>>
>>16533432
The biggest pagan belief of Christianity is worshipping a man and making him equal to God. The pagans have always believed in trinities and demi gods and man gods and sons of gods. What sets you apart from the pagans is knowing that God is One and he is unique and above all creation and there no one like him. He is Almighty and Eternal and men are nothing compared to him, even the holy ones in heaven are nothing compared to him and they tremble before him and all bow down to him. You should only worship him and only serve him and be loyal to him, only he is worthy of worship.

Yahweh is God and there is no other. That is the truth that sets you free from the pagan world.
>>
File: 1661488424687854.jpg (5 KB, 168x250)
5 KB
5 KB JPG
>>16533475
Anon, you are lifting up a false god that isn't the Lord God of the Bible.
>>
>>16533483
Show me a single thing I wrote that isnt found in the Original Hebrew Testament. It is Christianity that lift up a god who is a man and teaches the opposite of the law of the Most High God of the Original Scriptures.
>>
>>16533432
the law was created to show the jewish people that they can't be redeemed before God by their own efforts alone, they failed to uphold the law and were punished for it repeatedly during the old testament. then comes Jesus, the fulfillment of all the old testament prophecies regarding the Messiah, something that would have been impossible to fake and statistically nearly impossible to be a coincidence. Jesus conquered the grave multiple times, this is not an ability ever attributed to satan or anyone else, it's something miraculous meant to prove Christ's deity. the apostles died upholding the truth the Jesus is the Messiah, many of them martyred. frauds can't command such miracles and inspire such faith.
>>
>>16533432
Christians of Jewish descent are in the same boat though.
>>
>>16533492
"And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness:"
- Genesis 1:26

That proves my point because God is in three persons. It says "our" and not "my."
>>
>>16533502
Jesus is not a descendant of King David so he cannot be the promised Messiah. Jesus himself denied that the Messiah was prophecized to be son of David, so Jesus himself denied the promise of God.

Jesus did not fulfil a single one of the Messianic prophecies. He did not set up a kingdom in Israel, he did not wage war against the pagan nations, he did not bring the lost tribes back to Israel, he did not create world peace. Not a single prophecy he fulfilled.
>>
File: 1696708938092646.jpg (81 KB, 400x300)
81 KB
81 KB JPG
>>16533516
>Jesus is not a descendant of King David
It shows in Matthew 1 that he is, though.

>Jesus did not fulfil a single one of the Messianic prophecies.
He rose from the dead, that's the primary and most important point. And He isn't finished yet, many more things that are talked about will still be fulfilled in God's good timing. Of course, then the doubters will surely come up with some new excuse to reject our Lord even once the thousand year reign commences. I'm not even going to be surprised.
>>
>>16533502
>It shows in Matthew 1 that he is, though.
Matthew 1 says that Joseph is a descendant of David, but then the very next verse says that Joseph is not the real father of Jesus, Jesus himself denied the Messiah was a son of David.

There is not a single prophecy about a Messiah rising from death, not only did he not finish, but he never started, not a single prophecy was fulfilled by Jesus. Even the virgin birth is proven to be a false prophecy, Isaiah never speaks of a virgin birth, but a young woman giving birth, and the prophecy is not messianic. It is just a sign for a king.

If God had given the Israelites laws impossible to keep on purpose he wouldn't have promised so many horrible curses on them for breaking them. That would make God extremely cruel and God is not cruel, especially with the descendants of his loved ones Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. The curses God promised on the Israelites if they disobey the law are horrible, no Israelite in his right mind would obey some random guy who told them they no longer have to obey them and risk having the wrath on God falling upon them. God wouldn't do such a cruel thing, he gave them the laws with huge sings from heaven, he let them know without a shadow of a doubt that he was God when he gave them the law. He plagued Egypt and saved them from slavery, split the read sea and destroyed their persecutors, made the bread of the angels rain on them, spoke with his thundering voice from heaven and they all heard him and were afraid.

If God were to abolish the law he would have let them know with sings that were equally amazing and undeniable as the ones he made when he gave it to them.
>>
>>16533582
Sorry, meant for >>16533529
>>
>>16531106
John 21:25
>>
File: fulfilled prophecies.jpg (598 KB, 748x2331)
598 KB
598 KB JPG
>>16533516
>Jesus himself denied that the Messiah was prophecized to be son of David, so Jesus himself denied the promise of God.

When Jesus asked the Pharisees “how is He [the Messiah] then his [David’s] Son,” if David calls Him “Lord,” He was neither denying His credentials to be the Messiah nor the fact that the Messiah would be a “Son of David.” On the contrary, Jesus was trying to get His hearers to understand that the Messiah, though David’s Son, is greater than David, for King David called Him “my Lord.”

>Jesus did not fulfil a single one of the Messianic prophecies

this is just intellectually dishonest or ignorant. see pic
>>
>>16533582
>the very next verse says that Joseph is not the real father of Jesus
From a legal standpoint, he is. That's how the kingship passed to Jesus there.

"If brethren dwell together, and one of them die, and have no child, the wife of the dead shall not marry without unto a stranger: her husband's brother shall go in unto her, and take her to him to wife, and perform the duty of an husband's brother unto her.
And it shall be, that the firstborn which she beareth shall succeed in the name of his brother which is dead, that his name be not put out of Israel."
- Deuteronomy 25:5-6

This also bypasses the curse of Jeremiah 22:30 that was placed on the biological descendants of Jeconiah, who was the king that surrendered to Nebuchadnezzar after a brief three month reign.
>>
File: 741B.jpg (13 KB, 424x561)
13 KB
13 KB JPG
>>16533586
>not a single prophecy about a Messiah rising from death
"Thou shalt tread upon the lion and adder: the young lion and the dragon shalt thou trample under feet.
Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.
He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: I will be with him in trouble; I will deliver him, and honour him.
With long life will I satisfy him, and shew him my salvation."
- Psalm 91:13-16

"Therefore my heart is glad, and my glory rejoiceth: my flesh also shall rest in hope.
For thou wilt not leave my soul in hell; neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy One to see corruption."
- Psalm 16:9-10

"I went down to the bottoms of the mountains; the earth with her bars was about me for ever: yet hast thou brought up my life from corruption, O LORD my God."
- Jonah 2:6

"For dogs have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked have inclosed me: they pierced my hands and my feet."
- Psalm 22:16

"Yet it pleased the LORD to bruise him; he hath put him to grief: when thou shalt make his soul an offering for sin, he shall see his seed, he shall prolong his days, and the pleasure of the LORD shall prosper in his hand."
- Isaiah 53:10

"And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for his only son, and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for his firstborn."
- Zech. 12:10

"But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall."
- Malachi 4:2

"After two days will he revive us: in the third day he will raise us up, and we shall live in his sight."
- Hosea 6:2

"Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy: when I fall, I shall arise; when I sit in darkness, the LORD shall be a light unto me."
- Micah 7:8
>>
>>16533612
>the Messiah, though David’s Son, is greater than David
Then why does jesus say that The Father is greater than I (John 14:28).
>>
>>16531009
word salad. shoot yourself in the head retard.
>>
>>16533612
>>16533678
Those are not messianic prophecies, those are out of context verses that you do not post in their entirety to see if they are really talking the promised King.

This is a messianic Prophecy:
Isaiah 11:
A shoot will come up from the stump of Jesse;
from his roots a Branch will bear fruit.
The Spirit of Yahaweh will rest on him—
the Spirit of wisdom and of understanding,
the Spirit of counsel and of might,
the Spirit of the knowledge and fear of Yahaweh—
and he will delight in the fear of Yahaweh.

He will not judge by what he sees with his eyes,
or decide by what he hears with his ears;
but with righteousness he will judge the needy,
with justice he will give decisions for the poor of the earth.
He will strike the earth with the rod of his mouth;
with the breath of his lips he will slay the wicked.
Righteousness will be his belt
and faithfulness the sash around his waist.

The wolf will live with the lamb,
the leopard will lie down with the goat,
the calf and the lion and the yearling together;
and a little child will lead them.
The cow will feed with the bear,
their young will lie down together,
and the lion will eat straw like the ox.
The infant will play near the cobra’s den,
and the young child will put its hand into the viper’s nest.
They will neither harm nor destroy
on all my holy mountain,
for the earth will be filled with the knowledge of Yahaweh
as the waters cover the sea.

In that day the Root of Jesse will stand as a banner for the peoples; the nations will rally to him, and his resting place will be glorious. In that day Yahaweh will reach out his hand a second time to reclaim the surviving remnant of his people from Assyria, from Lower Egypt, from Upper Egypt, from Cush, from Elam, from Babylonia, from Hamath and from the islands of the Mediterranean.
>>
>>16534174
He will raise a banner for the nations
and gather the exiles of Israel;
he will assemble the scattered people of Judah
from the four quarters of the earth.
Ephraim’s jealousy will vanish,
and Judah’s enemies will be destroyed;
Ephraim will not be jealous of Judah,
nor Judah hostile toward Ephraim.
They will swoop down on the slopes of Philistia to the west;
together they will plunder the people to the east.
They will subdue Edom and Moab,
and the Ammonites will be subject to them.
Yahaweh will dry up
the gulf of the Egyptian sea;
with a scorching wind he will sweep his hand
over the Euphrates River.
He will break it up into seven streams
so that anyone can cross over in sandals.
There will be a highway for the remnant of his people
that is left from Assyria,
as there was for Israel
when they came up from Egypt.
>>
>>16533669
He needs to come from the seed of David, not a adopted kid.
>>
>>16530979
The Father is the part of the Godhead that represents the figure of what people think God is.
The Son represents Jesus, God's mortal form.
The Holy Spirit... you know it's like... God's everywhere in His creation... or something.
But yeah, basically that's what it is.
>>
>>16534185
Jesus is the son of God, but God doesn't have genetics. Why not use Joseph's or even straight up David's?
>>
>>16530979
They needed to make Jesus God in order to better promote their religion
>>
>>16534424
That's dumb. As a Christian, the Trinity is one of the biggest stumbling blocks for people. It's very inconvenient and the religion would be easier to explain without it. Be that as it may though, it's what I believe.
>>
File: 1709256334706662.jpg (150 KB, 974x1000)
150 KB
150 KB JPG
>>16534185
>>16534333
According to Luke 3, He was also descended through David via Nathan through Mary. This means Jesus Christ fulfills the prophetic requirement of Genesis 3:15, as it says,

"And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel."
(Genesis 3:15)

Also later in Genesis it says this:

"That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies;"
- Genesis 22:17

And of course, the prophecy to David that came later still:

"And when thy days be fulfilled, and thou shalt sleep with thy fathers, I will set up thy seed after thee, which shall proceed out of thy bowels, and I will establish his kingdom.
He shall build an house for my name, and I will stablish the throne of his kingdom for ever.
I will be his father, and he shall be my son. If he commit iniquity, I will chasten him with the rod of men, and with the stripes of the children of men:
But my mercy shall not depart away from him, as I took it from Saul, whom I put away before thee.
And thine house and thy kingdom shall be established for ever before thee: thy throne shall be established for ever."
- 2 Samuel 7:12-16

Hence it says in Galatians 3:29, "And if ye be Christ's, then are ye Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise."

So then we are Abraham's seed if and only if we are in Christ, since He is the seed spoken of here. This is very straightforward if you'll look carefully.

>>16534174
>Those are not messianic prophecies,
Last time I checked some random guy on the internet is not the one who determines that.
>>
>>16531666
There's still a living person that was born in 1907. Give it ten more years, then you can claim victory.
>>
>>16530979
Because God reveals itself for humanity's salvation.
BTW, why the dominant discussion in this board is questioning Christianity? Is atheist/degenerates butthurt?
>>
>>16530979
I hrard people say that otherwise God can't really be a loving God since before the world existed the only thing God would love or reference to would be himself, meaning this love would be narcissistic. There's three persons because the egoism of two won't occur.
>>
>>16534711
Luke's geneaology also say it is Joseph, it is different than Matthews because the book if full of errors and lies. Nobody ever traces the genealogy of the mothers because it does not count or matter. The father is who descides the descendance. What determines a tree is the seed that is planted, not the soil where it is planted. The Messiah has to be David's seed, sperm from the father.

This verse is talking about Solomon, David's successor. It is saying he will build God's house which is the temple of Solomon. God is telling this to David because David wanted to build God a house but God did not allow him because David's hands were full of blood. So he is promising him that he will raise a son after him that will build his house. This is not a messianic prophecy.

Paul does not have authority to say who is Abraham's seed. Abraham's seed does not mean much, Ishmael is also seed of Abraham, and Abraham had 7 other sons who founded most of the middle east and African countries. The son of the promise is Isaac, the chosen are descendants of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, not just Abraham.

Post all those verses in context, post the whole chapter and it is clear that they are not messianic prophecies.
>>
>>16530979
Because a low IQ retarded create this religion
>>
>>16531503
>King of the Jews
deliberate kike mistranslation and unBiblical.
*INRI Iesus Nazarenus Rex Iudeorum
Iudeans =/= jews
the pharisees were one of the Iudean sects living in Jerusalem and they did not accept Jesus. They used his Galilean ancestry against him as they did not consider Galileans their own people. Paul converted and did great work for Christianity, but by and large the pharisees were anti-Christian. Their descendants were involved in writing down the blasphemous talmud which I denounce, but that would happen later in Iraq. The Persians helped too, by using the newly minted 'jews' as fifth columns against Rome.
>>
>>16536298
>Paul does not have authority
Blasphemy!
the rest of what you wrote is talmudic lies too
>>
>>16536298
>Luke's geneaology also say it is Joseph,
Jesus is the son-in-law of Joseph according to Luke 3. Likewise, Joseph is the son-in-law of Heli, who is Mary's biological father. Luke gives the ancestry of Mary, which is of the tribe of Judah through David and Nathan. Meanwhile, Matthew shows the kingly line of descent from David to Solomon and eventually Joseph the husband of Mary.

>Nobody ever traces the genealogy of the mothers because it does not count or matter.
In the case of the seed of the woman from Genesis 3:15 it matters since it is needed to show that Jesus Christ is both the Son of David as well as the prophesied Son of man being spoken of. He is free from the curse of Jeremiah 22 as well as the curse placed on Adam in Genesis 3 due to the fact that He is the only-begotten Son of God.

>This verse is talking about Solomon, David's successor.
Solomon's reign didn't last forever. The reign of Jesus Christ will, as it says in 2 Samuel 7:13. See the following:

"I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him.
And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed."
- Daniel 7:13-14
>>
File: 9fa5825bf.jpg (127 KB, 720x720)
127 KB
127 KB JPG
>>16536298
>Abraham's seed does not mean much, Ishmael is also seed of Abraham,
Scripture talks about a people that will be created. That is, those who are in Christ.

"Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:
Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.
That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed."
- Romans 9:6-8

"A seed shall serve him; it shall be accounted to the Lord for a generation.
They shall come, and shall declare his righteousness unto a people that shall be born, that he hath done this."
- Psalm 22:30-31

"When the LORD shall build up Zion, he shall appear in his glory.
He will regard the prayer of the destitute, and not despise their prayer.
This shall be written for the generation to come: and the people which shall be created shall praise the LORD."
- Psalm 102:16-18

"And I will sow her unto me in the earth; and I will have mercy upon her that had not obtained mercy; and I will say to them which were not my people, Thou art my people; and they shall say, Thou art my God."
- Hosea 2:23

"But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people."
- Jeremiah 31:33

"And ye shall be unto me a kingdom of priests, and an holy nation. These are the words which thou shalt speak unto the children of Israel."
- Exodus 19:6

"But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of him who hath called you out of darkness into his marvellous light:
Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obtained mercy, but now have obtained mercy."
- 1 Peter 2:9-10
>>
>>16536833
The gospel of Luke says it is the genealogy of Joseph, If it then give the one of Mary then it means that it is a man inspired book full of mistakes not inspired by God. It it was Mary's genealogy it would say Mary.

Jesus Is not son of David. A son of David has to descend from a male descendant of David. The promised Messiah is not the same person as the Son of Man. They are supposed to be different people. One is a earthly King that will rule over Israel and his purpose is to reestablish the throne of David, create peace and bring the Israelites back home. The other is one who will come in the day of judgement. NT just mixes them both into the same character yet this character did not fill either of the roles or fulfill either of the prophesies.

1 Chronicles 28 confirms that it is Solomon.
>And from among my sons—for Yahaweh has given me many—he chose Solomon to succeed me on the throne of Israel and to rule over Yahaweh’s kingdom. He said to me, ‘Your son Solomon will build my Temple and its courtyards, for I have chosen him as my son, and I will be his father. And if he continues to obey my commands and regulations as he does now, I will make his kingdom last forever.’

The kingdom did not last forever because Solomon sinned against God so instead God divided the kingdom into the separate kingdoms of Israel and Judah as punishment.

>>16536844
All those OT verses are clearly talking about Israel and the NT verses are just Paul making things up. Paul has been proven to lie and take psalms out of context like psalm 2 and attribute to Jesus things that were said about David, I dont trust a single thing he says.
>>
>>16536833
>He is the only-begotten Son of God.
David said in Psalm 2:
>“I will declare the decree: Yahaweh has said to Me,‘You are My Son, Today I have begotten you. Ask of me, and I will give you the nations for your inheritance, and the ends of the earth for your possession.

God said this to David, David is the one who was told by God that He is his begotten son. Yet Paul uses this verse 4 times in the New Testament to claim that this is talking about Jesus.
>>
File: 1467599879509-2.jpg (167 KB, 1600x680)
167 KB
167 KB JPG
>>16537251
>All those OT verses are clearly talking about Israel
Yes and I'm in Israel right now according to the Bible. See the following:

"And as many as walk according to this rule, peace be on them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of God."
- Galatians 6:16

>The kingdom did not last forever because Solomon sinned against God so instead...
The prophecy was always meant to tell us about the eternal reign of Jesus Christ. In fact, it is already now more than 2000 years of our Lord reigning since He is at the right hand of God and will come in the clouds. That's also why we say that it is the "year of our Lord" in our calendar.

>A son of David has to descend from a male descendant of David. The promised Messiah is not the same person as the Son of Man. They are supposed to be different people.
Some guy on the internet doesn't decide that.
>Yet Paul uses this verse 4 times in the New Testament to claim that this is talking about Jesus.
It's true though.

"Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him, and they also which pierced him: and all kindreds of the earth shall wail because of him. Even so, Amen."
- Revelation 1:7

"But that which ye have already hold fast till I come.
And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:
And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father."
- Revelation 2:25-27

"Let the high praises of God be in their mouth, and a twoedged sword in their hand;
To execute vengeance upon the heathen, and punishments upon the people;
To bind their kings with chains, and their nobles with fetters of iron;
To execute upon them the judgment written: this honour have all his saints. Praise ye the LORD."
- Psalm 149:6-9

"For, behold, the LORD will come with fire, and with his chariots like a whirlwind, to render his anger with fury, and his rebuke with flames of fire."
- Isaiah 66:15
>>
>>16530979
Isaiah 55:8-9
8 “For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,” declares the Lord.
9 “As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts.
>>
>>16537342
>Yes and I'm in Israel right now according to the Bible.
According to the new testament, yet you dont even believe in the covenant of the Israelites or want to submit to the laws of God or even worship him. You want to belong to Israel just because you have faith in a man. Your faith is not even put in the Almighty.

>The prophecy was always meant to tell us about the eternal reign of Jesus Christ.
The prophecy clearly states that it is about Solomon. If Solomon didnt start worshipping the gods of his wives, God would have made his kingdom last forever. Lol, stop trying to shoehorn Jesus into every single prophecy in the old testament you can find.

>Some guy on the internet doesn't decide that.
God promised David that only his seed will rule Israel, there can never be a King in Israel or Judah who is not from the seed of David. The Messiah will be a King in Israel, he has to, by the promise of God, descend from the seed of David. The seed of David means his sperm, so it cannot descend from his mother's side.

The Son Of Man is clearly a completely different prophecy than the prophecy of the Messiah. One will be born from the seed of David, the other one will come from the heavens.

>"Behold, he cometh with clouds; and every eye shall see him,
The New Testament is not canon. It is full of lies.

>- Psalm 149:6-9
>- Isaiah 66:15
None of those verses have anything to do with Jesus.
>>
>>16530979
Christianity is literally not intended for all people and those for whom the Christ came not should still worship the one true God even though they will never be temple to the holy spirit. Thus was the point of Islam before its purpose was forgotten.
>>
File: 1538641197947.jpg (448 KB, 719x1278)
448 KB
448 KB JPG
>>16537410
"And when thy days be fulfilled, and thou shalt sleep with thy fathers, I will set up thy seed after thee, which shall proceed out of thy bowels, and I will establish his kingdom.
He shall build an house for my name, and I will stablish the throne of his kingdom for ever.
I will be his father, and he shall be my son. If he commit iniquity, I will chasten him with the rod of men, and with the stripes of the children of men:
But my mercy shall not depart away from him, as I took it from Saul, whom I put away before thee.
And thine house and thy kingdom shall be established for ever before thee: thy throne shall be established for ever."

"I saw in the night visions, and, behold, one like the Son of man came with the clouds of heaven, and came to the Ancient of days, and they brought him near before him.
And there was given him dominion, and glory, and a kingdom, that all people, nations, and languages, should serve him: his dominion is an everlasting dominion, which shall not pass away, and his kingdom that which shall not be destroyed."
- Daniel 7:13-14

This is about our King and Creator, whether you like it or not. I can write more if you like.

"Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.
I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear."
- Isaiah 45:22-23

"Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."
- Philippians 2:9-11

>The Son Of Man is clearly a completely different prophecy
It's all the same individual. His image (as God the Son) was imparted to man in Genesis 1. That's why it says "Let us make man in our image"
>>
>>16537460
>This is about our King and Creator,
Are you saying that the king God promised to David is God himself?
So is God making a prophecy about himself? Is he telling David that he himself will be born from David's seed? Is he telling David, "I will set up myself from your seed and I will be to myself a son and I shall be to myself a father? If I commit iniquity, I will chastise myself with the rod of men?"

dafuq are you talking about lmao?
>>
>>16537487
>Are you saying that the king God promised to David is God himself?
Yes because it says, "The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool." (Psalm 110:1)

That's what's happening right now.

>Is he telling David, "I will set up myself from your seed and I will be to myself a son and I shall be to myself a father? If I commit iniquity, I will chastise myself with the rod of men?"
No because it's God the Father talking about the Son obviously. Like it says in John 1:1, the Word was with God and the Word was God.
>>
It's amazing how many anti-Trinitarians are just people who are two stupid to understand basic doctrine like Christ's human and divine natures. OP would not have been able to post that image if he had any knowledge of Christianity at all.
>>
>>16537490
>"The LORD said unto my Lord
The LORD, which is a translation of the name Yahweh. Said to my Lord, which is King David.

The psalm is a song that Levites sing in the Temple, what they are saying is that God said to King David their Lord, to sit on his right hand until he puts his enemies as his footstools.

You can easily figure this out if you read the whole psalm instead of taking a verse out of context, The rest of the verse talks about him punishing the nations and filling them with dead corpses and crushing the rulers of the world. Did Jesus ever waged war and left nations with piles of corpses behind? No. Because this psalm is about David. Women made songs about David saying that he kills by the tens of thousands. He is the one who used to crush rulers and leave their nations with piles of corpses.

Jesus never killed a single person in his life so this psalm was not about him. There is no such thing as God The Father and God The Son, there's just God, The Almighty. Yahweh.

Deuteronomy 6:4
>Hear, O Israel: Yahweh our God, Yahweh is one.
Deuteronomy 4:35
>You were shown these things so that you might know that Yahweh is God; besides him there is no other.
>>
>>16537520
>There is no such thing as God The Father and God The Son
See Genesis 1:26. "And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness:"

>The rest of the verse talks about him punishing the nations and filling them with dead corpses
So does the book of Revelation. Consider:

"The LORD hath sworn, and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek."
- Psalm 110:3

"If therefore perfection were by the Levitical priesthood, (for under it the people received the law,) what further need was there that another priest should rise after the order of Melchisedec, and not be called after the order of Aaron?
For the priesthood being changed, there is made of necessity a change also of the law.
For he of whom these things are spoken pertaineth to another tribe, of which no man gave attendance at the altar.
For it is evident that our Lord sprang out of Juda; of which tribe Moses spake nothing concerning priesthood.
And it is yet far more evident: for that after the similitude of Melchisedec there ariseth another priest,
Who is made, not after the law of a carnal commandment, but after the power of an endless life."
- Hebrews 7:11-16

"See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand.
For I lift up my hand to heaven, and say, I live for ever."
- Deuteronomy 32:39-40

"I said, O my God, take me not away in the midst of my days: thy years are throughout all generations.
Of old hast thou laid the foundation of the earth: and the heavens are the work of thy hands.
They shall perish, but thou shalt endure: yea, all of them shall wax old like a garment; as a vesture shalt thou change them, and they shall be changed:
But thou art the same, and thy years shall have no end.
The children of thy servants shall continue, and their seed shall be established before thee."
- Psalm 102:24-28
>>
>>16530979
Because he just does, okay!?
>>
>>16537547
>"And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness:"
It does not say he is talking to his equal. It says God, a singular being, talking to his subordinates. He is calling the shots and they are obeying him. He is not talking to his equal.

>"The LORD hath sworn, and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek."
God said this to David, the whole psalm is about David. Jesus was not a priest of the order of Melchizedek. Jesus was not a priest in any way, he was actually rebellious against religious establishments.

The Most High has no equal. The firstborn of creation was created. Nobody created God. Someone created by God cannot be equal to God. There is only one above all else, everybody else bows down and submits to him.
>>
>>16531106
wwwwww
>>
>>16537694
>He is not talking to his equal.
According to Colossians, the fullness of the Godhead dwells in the Son, and He is eternally pre-existent. See Micah 5:2, Isaiah 63:16, Proverbs 30:4, 1 Chronicles 29:23-24.

>Jesus was not a priest
Our Lord is a high priest after the order of Melchizedek now.

"Then answered the Jews and said unto him, What sign shewest thou unto us, seeing that thou doest these things?
Jesus answered and said unto them, Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up.
Then said the Jews, Forty and six years was this temple in building, and wilt thou rear it up in three days?
But he spake of the temple of his body."
- John 2:18-21

"The Holy Ghost this signifying, that the way into the holiest of all was not yet made manifest, while as the first tabernacle was yet standing:
Which was a figure for the time then present, in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him that did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience;
Which stood only in meats and drinks, and divers washings, and carnal ordinances, imposed on them until the time of reformation.
But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building;
Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.
For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh:
How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?
And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance."
- Hebrews 9:8-15
>>
File: 1694296434355198.jpg (126 KB, 430x637)
126 KB
126 KB JPG
>>16537694
>The firstborn of creation was created.
I don't see where the word of God claims that. I see Christ unambiguously presented as God and as being visibly manifested to us according to what it says. He is anointed and ordained from the foundation of the world to save us. "Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began," (2 Timothy 1:9).

"For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;"
- 1 Timothy 2:5

"Wherefore then serveth the law? It was added because of transgressions, till the seed should come to whom the promise was made; and it was ordained by angels in the hand of a mediator.
Now a mediator is not a mediator of one, but God is one."
- Galatians 3:19-20

"If I wash myself with snow water, and make my hands never so clean;
Yet shalt thou plunge me in the ditch, and mine own clothes shall abhor me.
For he is not a man, as I am, that I should answer him, and we should come together in judgment.
Neither is there any daysman betwixt us, that might lay his hand upon us both."
- Job 9:30-33

"For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:
And though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God:
Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins be consumed within me."
- Job 19:25-27

See also Judges 6:14, Isaiah 6, Daniel 3:25, Deuteronomy 18:18-19, etc.

"And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory."
- 1 Timothy 3:16

This is all related to the mystery of the Incarnation.
>>
>>16531139
>to be fully omnipotent, he must also have the character of ultimate weakness
... No.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.