[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1713694322950500.jpg (1.52 MB, 1352x1029)
1.52 MB
1.52 MB JPG
Dating used to be a method to screen for a potential spouse so dating many people wasn't frowned upon since sex wasn't a part of it so leaving one partner didn't have any baggage involved.

Now the marriage is no longer used to screen for a spouse so sex now becomes a part of dating process and placing pressure on couples to remain exclusive as if they were married. So dating many people is now seen as promiscuous behavior since dating has been associated as a pseudo-marriage when it never should have.

Before a woman having multiple past boyfriends would not place doubt on her chastity

Now it does due to making sex part of the dating process
What the hell happened?
>>
Just abolish the marriage and any financial obligations resulting from it entirely. It will cause schizo bloodlust century but after that situation will flatten up and become much better for everyone involved
>>
Yes it is odd. Having a “date” back in the day was often so innocent it was equivalent to just hanging out today. Not even a kiss or anything was necessarily going to happen. Hence why you’d have boys and girls having multiple dates with various people within quick succession. Sometimes different people in one day.

Nowadays because the idea of a date is so romantically charged, where you can only fail or succeed. People often just do not ask for dates because it’s not worth the risk and instead “hang out” hoping for romantic tension to build.

This is not great for gender relations in general. Men and women traditionally have never been easy to get along as friends but it’s much worse now where the lines are so blurred. A guy and a girl simply hanging out often nowadays is assumed to be romantic and this can make it awkward enough to avoid doing if it isn’t.

Or if one side is interested romantically and the other isn’t. You get poor results regardless

>ask on date, receive rejection, proceed to either pretend this is fine and feel awful in a phone friendship, or end the friendship because it’s not viable any more
>don’t ask on a date and hope things just happen, sometimes they will, much more often they won’t

At least in the past if you didn’t ask a woman out she would not assume you’re interested. Every woman assumes everybody is interested in them now
>>
Condoms, the pill, free abortion.
>>
>>16531863
>Just abolish the marriage and any financial obligations resulting from it entirely.
To be fair it's such a travesty that this is the case while adultery isn't illegal anymore.
Then again women also vote and they arent in the draft.
>>
>>16531881
marriage is obsolete institution at this point impractical in industrial society and serving mainly to drain men of their money through divorce and alimonies. Abolish it and at least one part of problem will be solved
>>
>>16531914
Mandatory dna test at birth should be legally required
>>
>>16531809
Abolish child support and welfare to single mothers and it will end. Women will demand marriage and commitment before they spread their legs to anyone. Abolish no fault divorce and alimony and men will gladly make the commitment.
>>
>>16531809
Sauce?
>>
>>16531809
Men would try to be manly. Women would complain about their toxic masculinity. Men would try to be nice. Women would think they were gay.
>>
>>16531988
Akagi san who always smells nice
>>
Chad wanted this, therefore it happened.
Society dances to chads tunes, not the tunes of women or other livestock.

you think it's the jews or the women who do these things but it's not. All those things benefit chads
>>
>>16531809
So why didn't any of her boyfriends stick around and marry her? See seems like a nice woman.
>>
>>16531809
Dating wasn't a thing before the 1950s. Before that you were introduced to someone by family and just went along with it.
>>
>>16532594
It was a thing. It was called courting.
>>
>>16531809
Marriage is solvable with simply look toward history.
The "dating" would only occur with males selected for/approved by the father, and the marriage is enforced as it was. The man can discipline the women within reason.
>>
I remember my mother explaining this to me and my sister when we were young.

She said, "Oh yeah, we used to have lots of boyfriends and girlfriends. It wasn't the same thing as 'going steady'. That's when you only date one person and are in love."
>>
>>16532614
Do they not perform Romeo and Juliet and The Taming of the Shrew at schools anymore? Not everybody was a country bumpkin who just blindly obeyed whatever their parents told them to do back in the old days.
>>
>>16531809
pure cope, even in medieval times there were chads who dominated sex in their village deflowering every maiden before John the Farmer would marry the used up peasant girl.
Meanwhile chad peasants would either join the army or rise the ranks, check Basil I of Byzantium, a tall handsome peasant who worked the stables before becoming a famous wrestler, celebrity and eventual emperor
female hypergamy always existed but now it is being exposed
>>
>>16531809
>sex wasn't a part of it so leaving one partner didn't have any baggage involved.
why is it like this? could you explain your reasoning
>>
>>16532937
>Do they not perform Romeo and Juliet and The Taming of the Shrew at schools anymore? Not everybody was a country bumpkin who just blindly obeyed whatever their parents told them to do back in the old days.
Don't know how you got this butthurt and got what you took from my post. Only can imagine you're some woman reacting hysterically.

>what about Romeo and Juliet
Lmao
>>
Make virgin Male MC but a main girl who has been around the cock carousel? Why can't it be two used goods people. Why would you want a poor virginal man be with an used up pussy?
>>
>>16531863
>and any financial obligations resulting from it entirely.
this is how you transition into a longhoused cuck society.
>>
Is she loyal?
>>
>>16532976
I was told by tradlarpers nobody had sex before marriage back then so it must be true
>>
>>16533720
Poor virginal man deserves it because he was unable to find a girlfriend in high school.
>>
I'm actually bother that there a men who say they would rather be with a woman with a body count as girlfriend because they are better at sex. Have society been brainwashed? Sex is not the end of a loving relationship.
>>
>>16531809
Dating didn’t exist before the 1940s.
>>
>>16532598
Courting is completely different as it involves chaperones, seeking family permission, following established rituals, etc. For most of human history across any civilization worthy of the name, it was considered disreputable for a woman to spend time in the company of a man not related to her without a chaperone present. It still happened, of course, the point is that this behavior hadn’t been normalized among the women who were supposed to be marrying decent men.

I’m not saying this out of bitterness, either. I learned how to play the game, but when you consider what’s at stake re: the damaging the ability to pair-bond, potential children, and risk of infections, it’s not the Muslims who are historically abnormal here - it’s us.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.