[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: 1711898472561874.png (1.87 MB, 1024x1024)
1.87 MB
1.87 MB PNG
Was antinatalism refuted yet?
>>
It was self-refuted on spawn
>>
File: arbitrary framework.png (18 KB, 825x635)
18 KB
18 KB PNG
yes, pic related disproves it
>>
>>16532677
Antinatalism is ultimately pointless as the core function of life is self replication. It misses the mark in focusing on the immorality of creating life. The creation of life is inherent to the existence of life, that’s the point.
In other words, you’re never going to convince people to stop having children.

That’s what makes life so evil. It is self perpetuating, infinitely growing, all consuming suffering for the purpose of additional suffering.
>>
>>16532677
most of the population is antinatalist
>>
>>16532677
I want to breed big tiddy gfs. There, you've been refuted.
>>
>holds a position
>expects others to refute it instead of proving it
>others rightfully ignore his position
>>
>>16532700
but everyone has their own a priori rules and arbitrary frame and they're different between people
antinatalists have their own as well, and they're not any more or less valid than their detractors
>>
>>16532677
The Christian answer:Suffering was defeated 2000 years ago. You already have victory over it

The Non-Christian answer: There's no such thing as objective suffering. You can
>>
>>16532677
anti-natalists continueing to live is its biggest refutal since the tree is known by its fruit, so is man by his actions not by his words.
>>
>>16532955
I suffer, so clearly Christianity is false
>>
>>16533263
I'm sorry anon, but you seem to have once again confused antinatalism with prosuicidism.
>>
>>16533263
Is the anti-natalist's position that they should kill themselves?
>>
>>16533287
It's not that suffering is gone. Its been defeated by the death and resurrection of Christ. Now you can walk in power, knowing you already have the victory over your suffering.
>>
>>16533377
they believe so and want to do so but don't have the balls neither to embrace oblivion nor to live fully.
>>16533311
only you are confused here.
>>
>>16533583
>they believe so and want to do so but don't have the balls neither to embrace oblivion nor to live fully.
[citation needed]
>>
>>16532677
It's premise relies on variables we can neither prove not disprove, that non existence is a more pleasurable experience than existing. I could make the opposite argument (non existence is the most painful experience ever when compared to existing)and I'd just be as correct, which is we can't prove it. It's like saying the current king of France is the happiest man alive, which is a nonsense claim because the current king of France doesn't exist and I am giving him properties that. There's nothing to disprove because neither side can be right or wrong by definition and it's just opinions.
>>
>>16533583
Wrong. That is not the anti-natalist position.
>>
>>16532677
animals just don't cognize suffering the same way dysgenic first world cucks like you do. misanthropy is a far more coherent position than anti-natalism.
>>
>>16532677
The human race will go extinct whether we reproduce or not. Antinatalism is just another word for depression. It's one thing if you yourself don't want to raise kids or can't have kids, but to say the entire human race should stop reproducing because you are zogged and pozzed to high fuck is nothing short of retardation
>>
>>16532677
No it's impossible to beat the consent argument from analogy of someone gambling away the life-savings of a man in a coma even with the intent to return every penny gambled.
>>
>>16534499
You are a moron high off the farts of utilitarianism. Antinatalism is just a personal commitment to a particular virtue by a person capable of pursuing it; not a hylic like yourself. And I enjoy life here well enough and haven't been depressed since I became a philosophical pessimist actually. Since my scales seem much more in tune with reality, I feel much less disappointment and self-destructive tendencies. For me, my antinatalism stems from the dangers of consciousness not only on this earth but on through eternity. It seems anything can happen to you by virtue of your existence. I don't buy atheist pablum that it all just ends here after 80 years.
>>
>>16532702
Anon there is beauty in this world. It's not all suffering.
>>
File: 5 on biden.jpg (74 KB, 1040x665)
74 KB
74 KB JPG
>>16532677
It's irrelevant. The people vulnerable to anti-natalist memes will remove themselves from the gene pool and thus make the next generations more resilient to anti-natalism.
>>
>erm you stupid chud there's actually no difference between growing up as the son of responsible middle class office workers, and being a Congolese cobalt miner so it's always wrong to have kids
it's impossible to refute by virtue of being so absolutely retarded that it can't even be futed in the first place
>>
>>16534687
>I've haven't been depressed since I became a pessimist
You are retarded.
>>
>>16534877
You are just seething about the freeing effects of negativity.
>>
>>16534880
There's nothing liberating about being a miserable bastard.
>>
>>16534907
I'm not miserable! You are the one angry and using harsh language. Just stop expecting so much out of life!
>>
>>16534912
Stop expecting nothing out of the short amount of time you have left you miserable bastard.
>>
>>16534925
Keep on seething

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.