[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

File: images.png (7 KB, 196x257)
7 KB
7 KB PNG
What are some books on mexico and south america after the fall of spanish empire during the napoleonic wars? It's the one region in history I know nothing about
>>
basically from the napoleonic wars to the late 20th century (Cold War)
>>
>>16533854
Ok a book, this gonna be tough anglos terrible at south american history, change the name of the places and disregard anyone not anglo
>>
>>16533876
it doesn't have to be a single book
>>
>>16533847
Anon, as an Argentinian y recomend you Facundo by Sarmiento, he's an Argentinian prócer and the books talks about the Argentinian formation and how it should develop itself, is a great book, really recommended
>>
>>16534019
thanks
>>
>>16534019
kek
>>
>>16534019
His books are good but crazy how Sarmiento had very racist views but at the same time was a passionate mulatto lover

>The mulatto already rises in Brazil threatening to avenge very soon the insults done to his toasted mother. A virile race that conserves the ardent blood of the African, tempered to boil under the vertical rays of the sun, at the same time that the organization of his skull binds him to the European family. Dumas, Heredia, Pétion, Barcala, those noble mulattoes, live here in all those notable men who shine in arts, music, poetry and medical sciences

>Sarmiento proclaimed that all indigenous peoples should be exterminated, even proposing the extermination of indigenous children because of their hatred of civilized man. This was carried out between 1878 and 1885 in the so-called Conquista del Desierto

>Will we succeed in exterminating the Indians? For the savages of America I feel an invincible repugnance without being able to help it. Those scoundrels are nothing more than filthy Indians whom I would send to be hanged now if they reappeared. Lautaro and Caupolicán are lousy Indians, because that is what they all are. Incapable of progress, their extermination is providential and useful, sublime and great. They must be exterminated without even sparing the little one, who already has an instinctive hatred of civilized man.

His family descended from the first conquistador to settle in his town, who married the daughter of the local cacique. Because of these early marriages, Sarmiento had some Huarpe, Inca, and Guanari blood. The later Spanish families that arrived slandered them, claiming that their ancestor was a black or mulatto man (I believe them desu)

>They called them mulattoes! and I have reached them, still fighting against this slander that was passed down from father to son. My mother... tells me that Don Luciano Mallea... was very knowledgeable in genealogy, and he maintained that they were mestizos of pure and noble blood
>>
>>16533979
Then get serious and read translations

If it was written by an anglo or an euro is not good
>>
>>16534369
The original Brazilian: A cuck for mulattos.
>>
>>16534446
See this was my point

He was not racist he doesn't had a race mixing boner this is a stupid euro interpretation
>>
>>16533847

don't pay attention to any other post, just get this

https://www.amazon.com/Contemporary-History-Latin-America-Translation/dp/082231374X

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.