[a / b / c / d / e / f / g / gif / h / hr / k / m / o / p / r / s / t / u / v / vg / vm / vmg / vr / vrpg / vst / w / wg] [i / ic] [r9k / s4s / vip / qa] [cm / hm / lgbt / y] [3 / aco / adv / an / bant / biz / cgl / ck / co / diy / fa / fit / gd / hc / his / int / jp / lit / mlp / mu / n / news / out / po / pol / pw / qst / sci / soc / sp / tg / toy / trv / tv / vp / vt / wsg / wsr / x / xs] [Settings] [Search] [Mobile] [Home]
Board
Settings Mobile Home
/his/ - History & Humanities

Thread archived.
You cannot reply anymore.

[Advertise on 4chan]

Was the Nanjing massacre exaggerated by westerners to divide and conquer China and Japan? China and Japan hating each other only benefits westerners. By dividing Asians, they are weakened and have less power to resist western imperialism.
>>
>>16535251
yeah of course it was
there were some things that happened but it was a lot better than what the chinese nationalists did to the city upon their retreat
also the weirdest bit about western propaganda is that it involved pictures of japanese servicemen in SUMMER uniforms in the WINTER in a place where it's usually between 0 and 10 C between Dec and Feb

Good websites for this kind of stuff are

https://www.sdh-fact.com/
>>
Presumably. It was useful for China and the West.
I think one part that gets left out is the deliberate merging into the civilians of nationalist troops. But I don't find it implausible that a hyped up army, searching for a fight for days, getting delayed, finally taking the *capital of China*, totally hyped up, then not getting enough of a fight would look for the fight in civilians.
From personal experience gaming, and from what I've heard of Ukraine, if people are hyped up and expecting a brutal fight and then the opposite side just surrenders, or is too easy to put down, you want to fuck them up, but then you're just like, stabbing, defeated people.
I recall that GAMMA mission where you assail the pump house, and I did it really quickly. I think the people had been attacking guys I cared about. And the ease of it made me need to get out a knife.
Also a controller being put down too easily. I had fight that needed to go somewhere, so I stabbed it after it was dead.
>>
I should add a story from a Sydney criminal who went to prison for stabbing a police prosecutor in the neck. As he tells it, he just wanted to fist fight the dude, but the dude went from blustery and loud in public to apologising and begging in the lane, and because the dude didn't want to fight him, that enraged the criminal into slamming a knife into his neck.
>>
>>16535251
Nah. It is exaggerated by China itself. To maintain an authoritarian system, the existence of the enemy is necessary. Above all, Communist China's legitimacy derives from its resistance to the Imperial Japanese Army, so exaggerating the number of casualties caused by Imperial Japan is convenient for maintaining the regime.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Two_Minutes_Hate
>>
>>16535251
japan can do nothing wrong
invasion and colonialism are barbaric practices that are uniquely done by the west

[Advertise on 4chan]

Delete Post: [File Only] Style:
[Disable Mobile View / Use Desktop Site]

[Enable Mobile View / Use Mobile Site]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.